Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 188 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I am hoping the big ending of season two is more than just symbolism...or else all 5hose cryptic beginnings were kind of lame lol.
    Are you talking about the pink teddy bear?
    Yeah. Not sure I feel about those intros. It felt like one huge red herring, like something big was going to happen. The crash was well done but the dread was misappropriated to me and offered little payoff. Yay symbolism?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I suffered through 1 and half seasons of Breaking Bad before I finally gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Honestly, after watching the pilot of House of Cards I had zero interest in going back.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah. Not sure I feel about those intros. It felt like one huge red herring, like something big was going to happen. The crash was well done but the dread was misappropriated to me and offered little payoff. Yay symbolism?
    I liked the intros, especially how we got a little more info. each time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This post gave Walter his cancer back.
    Shame on you.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Shame on you.
    Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

omgoodness...

I loved that series. Some folks call it the best show to ever run. While it may not be my number one, it is certainly up there. Spinoff Better Call Saul is great too!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Breaking Bad is on my list of shows to watch. Right now my wife and I are finally getting around to watching the first 3 seasons of American Horror Story.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You can stop after the first American horror story season, lol.

But then again, you like boring movies and tv so ...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    omgoodness...

I loved that series. Some folks call it the best show to ever run. While it may not be my number one, it is certainly up there. Spinoff Better Call Saul is great too!
    AGREED!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

omgoodness...

My top 3:

Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Sopranos

Country
    Country Flag

omgoodness...

My top 3:

Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    Mine are:
    Breaking Bad
    Lost
    Walking Dead

HONORABLE MENTION: Banshee

The ones I was most pumped to see the next episode.... thats how I judged it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Shame on you.
    You're the one that gave me permission to stop watching you're also the only reason I watched as long as I did. If I didn't promise to you that I would watch it, I never would have even started season 2. And it's ok, it's possible I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like the show.

Also is Lost not in your top 3? And where does Dexter stand?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

omgoodness...

My top 3:

Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    that might be my top three as well...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You can stop after the first American horror story season, lol.

But then again, you like boring movies and tv so ...

I like to think of my taste in movies and tv shows as eclectic.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    HONORABLE MENTION: Banshee
    You know, I remember the promos for the first season of Banshee when it was first being marketed and I thought to myself, "meh not interested."

I saw a promo for season 5 (?) that blew me away and and only til the end did I realize it was for this show. I might have to watch it someday.

LOST has a special place in my heart for being my first scripted program, and I enjoyed my time with it, but there is much better television out there. It was an emotional journey but when you examine it closely you realize that the creators were making it up as they went along and it has plot holes the size of Swiss cheese.

Don't even get me started on Dexter. The first half of that series was some of the best TV I've seen. The second half is some of the worst.

My top 3:

Breaking Bad
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    that might be my top three as well...
    They are as close to perfection as you're going to get.

Honorable mentions go to Six Feet Under and Game of Thrones. I think Rectify will end up in my personal top 5 if it's able to stick the landing. The first 3 seasons have been phenomenal.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Deadwood is my number one cocksucka!
    Breaking Bad two
    three? I'd hesitate Sopranos because I'm not a fan of a boss doing the things he did (hands off approach is what they really do). And the finale when they start killing people off disappointed.
    Hannibal is three.
    Game of Thrones is right there though. The books have given me more perspective on the characters. Book 4 has really sucked thus far though.
    And I do enjoy Walking Dead. Most everything else is just OK.
    Though I enjoy Banshee but you have to neglect realism from the show. You do that, and you would love the violence and unrealistic events that happen. But I do enjoy the show.
    I will wait and see how Penny Dreadful and Black Sails runs, but great shows to me so far.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

LOST has a special place in my heart for being my first scripted program, and I enjoyed my time with it, but there is much better television out there. It was an emotional journey but when you examine it closely you realize that the creators were making it up as they went along and it has plot holes the size of Swiss cheese.

Don't even get me started on Dexter. The first half of that series was some of the best TV I've seen. The second half is some of the worst.
    Very true on both. I loved the first few seasons of Dexter as well, but the last 2 seasons were horrible.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Very true on both. I loved the first few seasons of Dexter as well, but the last 2 seasons were horrible.
    Exactly. That's why it fell off my radar as a great show. Sad because the show was so damn amazing initially. Just like Lost
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"... it has plot holes the size of Swiss cheese."

Go for it, I shall enlighten you.

Country
    Country Flag

Man has anyone watched Expanse yet!!!???? Just seen first one... Wow. Will be watching this right to the end! 8.5/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Man has anyone watched Expanse yet!!!???? Just seen first one... Wow. Will be watching this right to the end! 8.5/10
    Is it on Scifi channel? What's it about?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Is it on Scifi channel? What's it about?
    Yep. It's so well done. Special effects and acting... So many good actors in it. Tomas Jane kills it... Give it a try. You will be glad you did!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tier One TV Shows: Mad Men, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, In Treatment

Tier Two TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica, LOST, 24, The Walking Dead, Dexter

Yet to watch/complete: The Wire, The Tudors, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Newsroom, True Detective, Deadwood, Twin Peaks

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 3 of Breaking Bad was very good. It had a few of those quiet moments the show was lacking previously.

Twin Peaks is awesome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 188 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast