Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you haven't been following both Arrow and The Flash, I bet it won't be as fun. Plus it's only the first part of the pilot, so lots of setting up to do. I'd give it a few more eps. Of course, if you're a fan of the universe, you'll love it regardless, I'm sure. I'm still finishing up the last seasons of both Arrow and The Flash, so I won't be watching LOT right away.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I have been curious about Legends, I must admit. Mostly for having Rory Williams in the lead. I want to catch up on Arrow and The Flash first, though.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the style of comedy isn't for everybody, but I'm really enjoying Angie Tribeca. If you like things like The Naked Gun and Airplane!, give it a shot. I just love spoof stuff. It's one of the reasons why I love Galavant, another show in that mold. I don't think enough people are watching that show either.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I. LOVE. Galavant!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know the style of comedy isn't for everybody, but I'm really enjoying Angie Tribeca. If you like things like The Naked Gun and Airplane!, give it a shot.
    Funny that you mention Angie Tribeca. I just finished watching the entire first season while we were snowed in. It took me an episode or two to acclimate to its style of comedy, but I enjoyed it a lot and love the way they poked fun at police procedurals.

I thought the second season was supposed to start this week, but now I'm hearing it's being pushed back to fall.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone watch Baskets with Zach Galifianakis, the bizarre comedy? It was weird but funny, to me.
    What about the X-Files? I loved the show and it seems similar. I was hoping for a 6 parts type movie, but it seems just like the old show. I like it.
    Black Sails was great, glad it is back.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the style of comedy isn't for everybody, but I'm really enjoying Angie Tribeca.
    I was sold after that "deeper voice" commercial. I love anything spoof so this is right up my alley.

I'm just waiting for Rectify season 3 to hit DVD. It is, along with Game of Thrones, the best show on air right now. Incredible series.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I. LOVE. Galavant!
    Nice! I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I know the style of comedy isn't for everybody, but I'm really enjoying Angie Tribeca. If you like things like The Naked Gun and Airplane!, give it a shot.
    Funny that you mention Angie Tribeca. I just finished watching the entire first season while we were snowed in. It took me an episode or two to acclimate to its style of comedy, but I enjoyed it a lot and love the way they poked fun at police procedurals.

I thought the second season was supposed to start this week, but now I'm hearing it's being pushed back to fall.
    Yeah, it might take a little while for some people to get used to it. I grew up watching Airplane! with my dad. We also loved Hot Shots, Naked Gun, Police Academy and anything by Mel Brooks. You're right, they pushed it back. That might not be a bad thing though. I think the show performed so well they want to hold it for the Fall. At least that's my thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone watch Baskets with Zach Galifianakis, the bizarre comedy? It was weird but funny, to me.
    What about the X-Files? I loved the show and it seems similar. I was hoping for a 6 parts type movie, but it seems just like the old show. I like it.
    I enjoyed Baskets, I didn't find it hilarious, but some of the comedy is very subtle. Honestly, any show that has Louie Anderson as Zach Galifianakis's mom is cool with me.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I know the style of comedy isn't for everybody, but I'm really enjoying Angie Tribeca.
    I was sold after that "deeper voice" commercial. I love anything spoof so this is right up my alley.

I'm just waiting for Rectify season 3 to hit DVD. It is, along with Game of Thrones, the best show on air right now. Incredible series.
    Yup! The first time ever I heard of the show was when I saw that commercial. I was like, "Say no more, I'm in." Also, Rectify went under my radar. I want to check it out though. I just would never think about watching a show on Sundance. It's just not one of those channels I look for.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my Season 2 re-watch last night, so I can start the new season now. I still think you and me are the only ones on the site who watch it (that I know of).

How'd you like the Season 3 premiere?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

..Also, Rectify went under my radar. I want to check it out though. I just would never think about watching a show on Sundance. It's just not one of those channels I look for.
    Me either, believe me. I didn't even know Sundance did premiere scripted television. I stumbled onto it after reading the synopsis on Rotten Tomatoes and becoming intrigued immediately.

It's unlike any show I've ever seen. It's not dependent on climactic events. There aren't cool one liners or anti heroes to root for. I mean sure it has its endemic qualities and quirks, all good shows must.. but at its core is a profound statement about the human spirit and the wildly different ways we react to traumatic events and the unbreakable bonds of blood.

I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that watching that show makes me want to be a better person. Can't say enough great things about it.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First episodes of Baskets was decent, I'll watch for a little bit. Liked the first two seasons of Black Sails, haven't seen the premiere of the third yet. Didn't like Rectify. It felt too small to me, too quaint. Too ... not boring ... but ... I just didn't care about what was going on. Hmmm ... what else? Just watched two trailers for Angie Tribeca, I think I'll pass.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I just finished my Season 2 re-watch last night, so I can start the new season now. I still think you and me are the only ones on the site who watch it (that I know of).

How'd you like the Season 3 premiere?
    I'll look into Rectify.
    I love Flint. A new pirate is here and I felt the show is going to have a lot of infighting among the pirates. I wasn't blown away by the premiere, but I enjoy the show so I'm in for the long haul.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

..Also, Rectify went under my radar. I want to check it out though. I just would never think about watching a show on Sundance. It's just not one of those channels I look for.
    Me either, believe me. I didn't even know Sundance did premiere scripted television. I stumbled onto it after reading the synopsis on Rotten Tomatoes and becoming intrigued immediately.

It's unlike any show I've ever seen. It's not dependent on climactic events. There aren't cool one liners or anti heroes to root for. I mean sure it has its endemic qualities and quirks, all good shows must.. but at its core is a profound statement about the human spirit and the wildly different ways we react to traumatic events and the unbreakable bonds of blood.

I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that watching that show makes me want to be a better person. Can't say enough great things about it.
    Honestly, I only heard about it because you mentioned it a while back somewhere. Like you said, I had no idea the Sundance channel even did scripted TV. It's on my to do list.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gaaaaaaallaaaaaavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ant!

Loved the finale. I can't QUITE put my finger on the reason, but I love this show to death. Everytime it's on, I just get ... happy. REALLY hope it somehow comes back for a third season, lol.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Gaaaaaaallaaaaaavaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ant!

Loved the finale. I can't QUITE put my finger on the reason, but I love this show to death. Everytime it's on, I just get ... happy. REALLY hope it somehow comes back for a third season, lol.
    It's pure fun. I love it. It doesn't take itself seriously, it's self deprecating, which I love. It skewers Hollywood and the current TV landscape whenever possible. There is literally zero reason not to like Galavant.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

House of Cards is amazing.

After two seasons on Breaking Bad it is okay. I haven't finished an episode and thought 'what a great show' yet. People have told me it finds its stride in Season 3 so I hope i enjoy it more going forward.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What?

Lol

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

After two seasons on Breaking Bad it is okay. I haven't finished an episode and thought 'what a great show' yet. People have told me it finds its stride in Season 3 so I hope i enjoy it more going forward.
    Season 1 and 2 play more like dark comedies with the occasional paroxysm of violence.

Season's 3 and onward however are where the show crystallizes and becomes something truly volatile as Walt and Jesse begin to metamorphosis in completely different directions. You'll appreciate Season's 1-2 tenderness much more once you complete the show and are able to assess them in context.

Breaking Bad is that rare show that gets better with each passing season. No other show has been able to sustain an upward trajectory like this one. Greatest show ever.

Stick with it, you'll love it.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Season 1 and 2 play more like dark comedies with the occasional paroxysm of violence.

Season's 3 and onward however are where the show crystallizes and becomes something truly volatile as Walt and Jesse begin to metamorphosis in completely different directions. You'll appreciate Season's 1-2 tenderness much more once you complete the show and are able to assess them in context.

Breaking Bad is that rare show that gets better with each passing season. No other show has been able to sustain an upward trajectory like this one. Greatest show ever.

Stick with it, you'll love it.
    What Fernando said, Matt.

And you've reminded me - I need to get back to watching season 3. But you're right, HoC is definitely amazing, especially for an American version of a British classic. Unlike most adaptations made for an American audience, you can really tell they actually understand what made the source material work so brilliantly in the first place while allowing it to take its own direction.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I powered through (read: agonized) the first season of House of Cards and really didn't like it enough to continue.

And I think I remember feeling the same as you about Breaking Bad when I first started it. I enjoyed them enough to want the next episodes, but didn't really get invested until Season 2 or 3. Stick with it and I think you'll enjoy it more as it progresses.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Breaking Bad is good and I'm enjoying it, it is just missing some quality I can't say what it is. To use some chemistry terms, the family drama and the drug dealing aspects haven't bonded to form a compound yet. It's either too heavy on one or the other episode to episode.

My favourite part of the show so far is the way they let their scenes breathe. Too many tv shows, even the great ones, don't do it enough. The intervention scene, Walt talking with Crazy Eight are prime examples of letting the dialogue develop. Gilligan must be a huge Tarantino fan. I am hoping the big ending of season two is more than just symbolism...or else all 5hose cryptic beginnings were kind of lame lol. I did love the Mexican music video.

And Hank is my favourite character. He's like if Tony Soprano was a fed.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hank is incredible lol. One of the best supporting characters ever.

Don't worry, your appreciation for the show will soon kick into overdrive as the stakes get higher and Gus is introduced. Let me know once you're finished with S3.

Country
    Country Flag

I am hoping the big ending of season two is more than just symbolism...or else all 5hose cryptic beginnings were kind of lame lol.
    Are you talking about the pink teddy bear?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I suffered through 1 and half seasons of Breaking Bad before I finally gave up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The bathtub episode? Come on. We over hyped it. I told you so. Sometimes you have to actually watch a show when it airs. That's just the way it is.

Honestly, after watching the pilot of House of Cards I had zero interest in going back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 188 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast