Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Game of Thrones came and went faster then a 5 minute fire drill. People are talking and complaining about it just like when "Lost" was running. I know I never read the books, just huge synopsis' of them, and I do know why the book readers are in outrage. People are also outraged by all the female abuse running a muck throughout the show too. I think this season spent too much time on Dorne and spent too much time on other things not pertinent to the many better story lines. I still love the show, but if things are final ( I can't spoil it), like some of the story lines of the show, I feel that there truly are 1 maybe 2 characters worth liking left on the show. I have no problems changing some of the book story lines for the adaptation. But, I think drastic changes are the cause for ruining a once great adaptation. We won't know until season 6. Winter, might be truly over.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show (Mr. robot) is WELL DONE.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watched Mr. Robot and I really enjoyed it. I couldn't help but get a Fight Club vibe with all the voice over and internal monologue.

Potential plot spoiler that I thought of as well as a Fight Club spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    It goes farther than that though. I'm thinking Christian Slater's character, like Tyler Durden, is just a personality created by the main character
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Am I the only one looking forward to Heroes returning this fall? I probably am, right?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Am I the only one looking forward to Heroes returning this fall? I probably am, right?
    I had actually forgotten about it but yes, I'm looking forward to it too. My wife and I both enjoyed the first 3 (or 4?) seasons). We still sometimes refer to Zachary Quinto as Sylar and Milo Ventimiglia as Peter when we see them in other shows.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was a few years late on Heroes, as I didn't have cable at the time, but I really loved it.
    It lost its footing around that writer's strike, but those first 2-3 seasons literally blew my mind. I cannot wait for the return!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I had actually forgotten about it but yes, I'm looking forward to it too. My wife and I both enjoyed the first 3 (or 4?) seasons). We still sometimes refer to Zachary Quinto as Sylar and Milo Ventimiglia as Peter when we see them in other shows.
    Yeah, I can't see the actors from the show without thinking of who they played on Heroes. haha. I really wish that more of the original cast would return, but from the preview I saw, it looks like mostly new people. But, Hiro is back and I am so excited over that!

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I was a few years late on Heroes, as I didn't have cable at the time, but I really loved it.
    It lost its footing around that writer's strike, but those first 2-3 seasons literally blew my mind. I cannot wait for the return!

I have to admit, I got a bit behind on the episodes near the end (I had just given birth to my son which stole all my tv watching time ). But, I just realized the other day that all of the series is on Netlfix, so I'm thinking of doing a rewatch soon. [rubs hands together]

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a rule, I don't normally watch a lot of television (just movies or Netflix). With a few exceptions, I think it's mostly crap and a waste of my time.
    But, does anyone else here get the El Rey Network?
    I just discovered it about a week or two ago and it is now without a doubt my favorite TV channel. I have not been this into an entire networks broadcasting since the early days of the Sci-Fi Channel. I now find myself turning it on first thing once I get home from work, curious to see what lost gems of exploitation are on display.
    Looking forward to next weekends Kaiju-ly Roarth Marathon!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never watched Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I never watched Heroes.

You could always play catch up on Netflix. The series doesn't return until this fall.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's something I've been meaning to get to.. but honestly all the dismal reviews for Season 2 and onwards have thwarted me. Is it worth sticking with it the whole way?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit, I got a bit behind on the episodes near the end (I had just given birth to my son which stole all my tv watching time ).
    Like that's a decent excuse for missing TV? All you did was push a human child from your body. What kind of accomplishment is that?

Spoiler:
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's something I've been meaning to get to.. but honestly all the dismal reviews for Season 2 and onwards have thwarted me. Is it worth sticking with it the whole way?
    I know it didn't get great reviews, but I enjoyed it. Then again, I'm awful at selling people on shows. Just check it out and see if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I have to admit, I got a bit behind on the episodes near the end (I had just given birth to my son which stole all my tv watching time ).
    Like that's a decent excuse for missing TV? All you did was push a human child from your body. What kind of accomplishment is that?

Spoiler:

He's 6 now and still impeding on my tv watching. I try to watch Seinfeld in the afternoons, leave the room, and come back to find that he's changed the station to Cartoon Network. Haha

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first 2 seasons of Heroes is worth it. Especially the first. The second isn't that bad at all. It didn't go off the rails until season 3.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody watched the first season of Better call Saul? I thought it was very good

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The first 2 seasons of Heroes is worth it. Especially the first. The second isn't that bad at all. It didn't go off the rails until season 3.
    Exactly. When the writer strike hit, it ruined many shows. I think "Lost" was a part of the debacle? "Heroes" had many identity crisis'. As in one main character that jumped every 5 minutes from evil to good. Or when they add some pretty impressive characters (like someone's father) and then kill them off or ruin the story line/plot. It was like teasing the viewer with some good characters and ideas and then shitting the bed with what transpires. A reboot already? I think that is a bad idea. What's next? A reboot of "Breaking Bad?" What about a reboot of "Game of Thrones?" hahahaha
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    Anybody watched the first season of Better call Saul? I thought it was very good
    At first I didn't like it. As the show progressed and the characters developed with the story, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I spent the time and let it show me what it had to offer.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    At first I didn't like it. As the show progressed and the characters developed with the story, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad I spent the time and let it show me what it had to offer.
    Yeah I was the exact same, and before I ever watched it at all I expected it to not be that great, spin off's usually aren't. Looking forward to season 2 now!

My Mood
    Confused

"Whispers" is falling a part for me. It really is slow moving.
    "True Detective" started. I heard it won't be as dark as the first season which doesn't bode well with me. But it wasn't bad at all. I enjoy Ferrell's character the most. He is angry and takes chances.
    "Hannibal" was cancelled after season 3. Fuck NBC. I know this type of show isn't their norm, but people rave about the show and I am one of them. Like Fox ruining sci-fi shows, NBC too is ran by idiots. Maybe the show will be picked up by a better network, only one can hope. Amazon owns the rights fyi.

Scy-Fy channel has some shows, but I feel they aren't as good as the ones they cancelled. Haven't watched "Killjoy" yet. I'm not too excited about "Dark Matter" and "Defiance" I have been watching but I think it is just OK. The idea of the video game was fascinating to me. Where Earth is under attack by many alien species and there is a planet war between humans and them for 5-8 years, I don't remember how long. Sounds interesting to me. BUT, the show takes place 5 years after the war. WHY?!?!?!?! So to me it is like a soap opera drama, but for the summer, it is tolerable for me to watch.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave up on The Whispers. Watched the first two episodes and fell asleep on the last 10 minutes of the third. I took that as a sign.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Exactly. When the writer strike hit, it ruined many shows. I think "Lost" was a part of the debacle? "Heroes" had many identity crisis'. As in one main character that jumped every 5 minutes from evil to good. Or when they add some pretty impressive characters (like someone's father) and then kill them off or ruin the story line/plot. It was like teasing the viewer with some good characters and ideas and then shitting the bed with what transpires. A reboot already? I think that is a bad idea. What's next? A reboot of "Breaking Bad?" What about a reboot of "Game of Thrones?" hahahaha
    Agreed. A lot of shows were hurt by that strike. I think the thing that hurt Heroes was the time travel storyline. It just muddled everything up. Time travel done poorly is a mess.

Also, I really enjoyed Better Call Saul. Saul was always a favorite character of mine and I just love seeing where he came from.

I also love wearing my favorite new t-shirt.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast