Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 188 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on.
    Oh no, are you serious?

EDIT: I read that three times before I realized it didn't say "horses."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Justified is over for good. I'm not sure what to think of the ending. It wasn't a shocker, but I do have some disappointing thoughts. I still loved the show and I'm glad it didn't end like Dexter or Sons of Anarchy.
    spoiler
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Hahaha. I know!
    I've just ostracized myself.

Hey, it's out now. I stand by my statement.
    Are you kidding me? Someone that speaks their mind for once and isn't ashamed to get harassed or care what others think?! Sorry, but I think what you said was fantastic. Whether I agree or not with your thoughts about the books (I agree) shouldn't matter. I feel it's great to have someone out there who doesn't care what they say or write or about other people's feelings. Too many people get "hurt" too often these days, as everyone seems too sensitive these days, so don't apologize. I'm a big fan! I don't care what others think, for the most part, and I'm sure most people don't like my brazen thoughts either. Shed no tears for the weak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY
    People are too sensitive!
    Also, I'll say that there were parts of the books I really enjoyed (I would have finished them if I could just pick and choose which characters' chapters I could read. haha), and what I've seen of the show is great, but I just can't understand the intense love for the books that it seems to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Nope, I've tried but couldn't get past the first few pages, and I'll admit I was a bit confused when the show started too. I had to go look some stuff up quick, but had to stop for fear of being spoiled.
    If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on. I read up to the 3rd or 4th book (I can't remember which one at this point- that's sad) and I was often reading and thinking 'Who is this person they're mentioning?...Who the fuck is this?...What is happening?!"
    It's too much like a big game of chess and I just don't have the patience to keep up.
    Also, for crying out loud the characters' names! It's bad enough trying to keep up with people, but he has to go and give all these names that sound familiar. Do we really need an Aemon, Aegon, and Aeron mentioned? Am I really expected to know who is who when the names are so similar. Also, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was almost to the end of book 1 before I realized that The Mountain (Gregor) wasn't Sandor, his brother.
    I tried the audiobook recently as well, thinking maybe it'd be easier. But I maybe listened to the first 20 min three times before I said screw it cause I had no clue what was going on
    It's too much!

If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on.
    Oh no, are you serious?

EDIT: I read that three times before I realized it didn't say "horses."

Oh my God, Ricky!

An index of horses is great!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Justified is over for good. I'm not sure what to think of the ending. It wasn't a shocker, but I do have some disappointing thoughts. I still loved the show and I'm glad it didn't end like Dexter or Sons of Anarchy.
    spoiler
    Overall, Justified had a fantastic run. I really loved the modern day Western feel and Raylan is one of the more badass characters in TV history. If I'm being honest, the second half of the series was no where near as good as the first half (and I'm not easy to please when it comes to TV .) I think the high point of the series for me was season 2 with Margo Martindale's character. I loved that whole moonshine storyline.

I'm with you on the ending though. I was actually expecting something a little more explosive (no pun intended) between Raylan and Boyd.
    Spoiler:
    I will say that their encounter at the end was a nice way to end the series though.

All in all, a very solid show and I hope people discover it on Netflix in the future.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe so many people are having a hard time reading the A Song of Ice and Fire books. They really aren't that difficult at all. Especially the first book (Game of Thrones). Sure, there are a lot of names and places, but it's a fantasy book. What fantasy book doesn't have a ton of weird names and places? Actually, many of the names in the series are pretty normal (Jon, Ned, etc.) more normal than The Lord of the Rings for instance. Rings is a perfect example. It has tons of names and places to keep track of and people don't complain about that.

As for The Americans, it's a really solid show. Unfortunately, I think it's destined to be one of those shows that finds its following after it's gone off the air.

I agree that people are too sensitive and there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind, but there's also a right and wrong way to conduct ones self and to convey your message. Sometimes people have a hard time with that idea. It's not what a person is saying a lot of the time, it's how they are saying it.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Actually, many of the names in the series are pretty normal (Jon, Ned, etc.) more normal than The Lord of the Rings for instance. Rings is a perfect example. It has tons of names and places to keep track of and people don't complain about that.
    See, now. If I ever read LotR, I'd probably complain about it being too much also.
    And as I said in another post, I didn't dislike everything about ASoIaF, but I didn't have the patience to keep going with it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised to see many people having a hard time getting into Game of Thrones. I've noticed a disinclination toward high fantasy.

One thing for certain is that it's a damn shame for those that aren't able to stay with it. It is one of the richest, most rewarding reading experiences I've ever had. Martin's foresight, attention to detail and dexterity while juggling a mountain load of lore and mythology is something to admire. The sheer horsepower of his imagination is staggering. If he is able to stick the landing - and there is no reason to think he won't - this series will stand as the towering achievement it was always destined to become.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I actually did read LOTR. Written in a different time period, but I loved it and I understood it all.....I think. I honestly never truly tried to read Martin's saga, I didn't like people saying it was better then LOTR and because I heard that, it made me instantly hate Game of Thrones. However, I love that type of genre, so instead I read pages of synopsis' of the books to get a basic idea. I started to watch the show and truly really enjoy it. It'll never beat LOTR in my eyes, but I re-watch episodes when I have time. Though the backstabbing bothers me, I still like the show more then most. Then again, I'm not sold on many of the characters besides John Snow and Daenerys. All the other characters I really like
    spoiler

I'm not sold on all the Stark kids. I don't like the ones that remain.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

@Ricky. Assuming with your avatar of Captain Flint, I'm guessing you finished "Black Sails" season 2? My opinion is this. What an absolute amazing season finally. It was like an hour long movie jam packed with violence, story, new and old alliances, and great questions for season 3. My buddy complains for a show about pirates, they don't spend enough time on the water lol. I agree, but I don't feel that the show has to be exclusively on the water fighting and pillaging. That finale was something I will watch again for sure. It was simply an eye opener, and I was awed and that doesn't happen for me very much.

My Mood
    Confused

spoiler
    Overall, Justified had a fantastic run. I really loved the modern day Western feel and Raylan is one of the more badass characters in TV history. If I'm being honest, the second half of the series was no where near as good as the first half (and I'm not easy to please when it comes to TV .) I think the high point of the series for me was season 2 with Margo Martindale's character. I loved that whole moonshine storyline.

I'm with you on the ending though. I was actually expecting something a little more explosive (no pun intended) between Raylan and Boyd.
    Spoiler:
    I will say that their encounter at the end was a nice way to end the series though.

All in all, a very solid show and I hope people discover it on Netflix in the future.
    Justified was no Deadwood, but Tim seemed to semi carry over his Bullock character, without the swearing , in Justified. I'm so glad it didn't go stale, but I did love Ma Bennett and Dicky. I'll miss them. And like you said, better at the beginning for sure.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@Ricky. Assuming with your avatar of Captain Flint, I'm guessing you finished "Black Sails" season 2? My opinion is this. What an absolute amazing season finally. It was like an hour long movie jam packed with violence, story, new and old alliances, and great questions for season 3. My buddy complains for a show about pirates, they don't spend enough time on the water lol. I agree, but I don't feel that the show has to be exclusively on the water fighting and pillaging.
    Yes! Oh my God, what an amazing finale. I totally agree with you. I think it was as close to perfection as it could've been (actually, the final three episodes were all amazing), and has made me even more excited for Season 3.

I do wish that there was more "pirating" (i.e. ship battles) as well, but the on-island action that we got this year definitely made up for it.

They're introducing Blackbeard in S3 so I'm interested to see where that's going to go. There are some theories that
    Spoiler:
    he's going to, somehow, rescue Eleanor.

(On a related note, I've been trying for weeks to find a legal, downloadable copy of Nick Cave's new version of "Avalanche" that was at the end of episode 9, so if you happen to find one, let me know.)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

@Ricky. Are you talking about this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_iveMTyxH4

Also, I forgot my buddy and I were raving about the last 3 episodes. Some of the best TV sequences in a long time for me. I am excited for a possible new character as you mentioned!

@Ricky. Your mailbox is full and I can't send you a detailed email of how to help you.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, that's the one!

Also, inbox cleared.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Yup, that's the one!

Also, inbox cleared.
    I know that what I explained has been out for years and tons of kids use it and as far as I know it is 100% legit. As in, no hiding yourself with VPN's to hide yourself from your internet provider for fear of getting in trouble. Not to completely change the subject but I know the TV show "Stalker" was one and done for a season. I simply liked the premise of it, though it was pretty much the same show every episode. My point is that the music in it, to me, is fantastic. Remake songs of stalking type songs. Musicians like Denmark and Winter doing Every Breathe You Take and some others. And I used this method to "get them" and can now play them whenever.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then again, I'm not sold on many of the characters besides John Snow and Daenerys.
    You spell Dany's name right but you spell Jon Snow's name wrong. Priceless.

Also, how can you not like Arya. She's the best!

My Mood
    Confused

Then again, I'm not sold on many of the characters besides John Snow and Daenerys.
    You spell Dany's name right but you spell Jon Snow's name wrong. Priceless.

Also, how can you not like Arya. She's the best!
    I spelled John's name the way you are supposed to lol. Hey, isn't it SUPPOSED to be Giovanni????? I dated this girl once and her name was Josephine. She spelled it Josaphine. I couldn't handle it!
    I'm just currently not a fan of the kids. I grew to love Rob and look where that got me? I do love Jon/John, but he is a bastard. I do love how they throw around the word bastard a lot like, "Yeah he's a bastard. Screw this guy, he's a bastard." I think it's funny. We still have time for the Stark kids to change for me to like them, but currently they all seem like annoying whiners. I love the Stark family and I am rooting for them to take over the world. I'm hoping they grow up and change as the story progresses.

My Mood
    Confused

Game of Thrones. A buddy and I talked before about Jon Snow and I'm really curious if his guess is right. Giant opinion spoiler
    spoiler
    I'm really curious if this is true.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Correct. Not sure about the last part but you're right about the other thing.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Correct. Not sure about the last part but you're right about the other thing.
    Obviously just a guess. I'd love to know if people actually had solid proof on this information. I know it's just fiction, but how cool would it be if my buddy was right or someone knew the truth before hand. I'm thinking way to much about a TV show . AS for the last part, guess, people were debating the seventh book title and that was an idea for
    spoiler

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Game of Thrones. A buddy and I talked before about Jon Snow and I'm really curious if his guess is right. Giant opinion spoiler
    spoiler
    I'm really curious if this is true.
    Spoiler:
    Well, I think you might be partially right. The theory I have adopted over the years is the one that is most common among book readers. If you're curious, all you have to do is Google "R+L=J". Basically this popular theory states that the "R" stands for Rhaegar Targaryen, not Robert Baratheon. In this theory, it's still Ned's sister Lyanna that is Jon's mother.

I would be shocked if this theory isn't correct. If Robert is the father, it's boring and too predictable. Everybody knows Robert has a shit load of bastards and everybody knows he loved Lyanna.

EDIT:
    Spoiler:
    Also, like you mentioned, I feel that Jon and Dany will unite and rule Westeros together. They have Targaryen blood and the Targaryen's are known to inter marry. Unfortunately, Jon would have to break his vows.

My Mood
    Confused

@Still Servant/Mike/Mikke/Michel/Michael. I don't know how you spell your name. See what I did there .
    spoiler

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Rape? LOL There was no rape. They were madly in love. Robert believes she was raped, others don't seem to concur with him.

To quote Barristan Selmy, "Prince Rhaegar loved his Lady Lyanna."

Rhaegar is probably the most awesome, interesting character that we will never get a chance to really know. You could make a spin-off show of just Rhaegar and it would be amazing.

My Mood
    Confused

Spoiler:
    Rape? LOL There was no rape. They were madly in love. Robert believes she was raped, others don't seem to concur with him.

Rhaegar is probably the most awesome, interesting character that we will never get a chance to really know. You could make a spin-off show of just Rhaegar and it would be amazing.
    Just stating what Sansa said to Little Finger as I have no detailed information of the books. Or she could be misinformed, as a viewer only, we have no idea. Then again, adaptations are usually never 100% similar.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Just stating what Sansa said to Little Finger as I have no detailed information of the books. Or she could be misinformed, as a viewer only, we have no idea. Then again, adaptations are usually never 100% similar.
    Oh, I don't doubt what Sansa said.
    Spoiler:
    She, along with the rest of her family is under the impression that Lyanna was raped. The problem the show is going to run into as opposed to the book is that show watchers really have no clue who Rhaegar is. Hell, the show has hardly mentioned Lyanna since season 1. I'm afraid that the big reveal of Jon's parents will hardly be a big moment on the show.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ruth is fucking is fucking insufferable in Six Feet Under S5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 188 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast