Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice To The Dark Tower Came is on a distinguished road To The Dark Tower Came's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sigh

Although I don't watch too much TV, I've always found good programs to watch. My currents include Heroes, Chuck, Lost, Amazing Race (when it's on) and deep cable's Ace of Cakes, Iron Chef America, Cash Cab, and Ninja Warrior.

I am afraid I dislike this trend of striking down good programming before a season is even done. I don't know if anyone else watched Daybreak, the fill-in show that was supposed to run only 13 episodes to carry over until Lost returned. It was canceled after six.

Now the same has happened (so it appears) to Journeyman. An NBC show that is about a man who is wormholing back in time to help people. Like and an edgier Quantum Leap without the Scott Bakula aftertaste. While this show didn't have a completely original premise, it was good. Just when the characters started getting likable, and the storyline fleshing out more, whammo! it's targeted for cancellation.

I guess this is more of a rant than anything else. I cry your pardon.
    "...quiet as despair, I turn’d from him..."

Posts made by user To The Dark Tower Came
    are his opinion. Any feelings of anger, angst,
    or weltsmertz please see a licensed mental
    health professional immediately.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel your pain man, I don't see how some of these amazing shows are canceled.

I haven't seen that one myself but I understand it was at least decent.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead TerribleT is on a distinguished road TerribleT's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by To The Dark Tower Came View Post
    I don't know if anyone else watched Daybreak, the fill-in show that was supposed to run only 13 episodes to carry over until Lost returned. It was canceled after six.
    Daybreak rocked!!!! They actually webcasted the remainder of the season, and I'm not sure but the episodes might still be up. They also cancelled Jericho after one season, but then decided to broadcast another season after they had a huge viewer response.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I love Jericho. I think it's supposed to be coming back soon for a few more episodes to wrap things up.

Country
    Country Flag

2/12/2008 I think they're supposed to have another full season.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the shows I liked, e.g. Undeclared, Cafe Americain, Get a Life, Centre St., Flying Blind, Freaks & Geeks, Tales from the Dark Side, among many, many others, wind up being cancelled in short order. Some of them, e.g. Tales, last a bit longer than others-F&G-but they all wind up in the dust bin of network television history.

Gunslinger Apprentice To The Dark Tower Came is on a distinguished road To The Dark Tower Came's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=TerribleT;82288]
    Daybreak rocked!!!! They actually webcasted the remainder of the season, and I'm not sure but the episodes might still be up. They also cancelled Jericho after one season, but then decided to broadcast another season after they had a huge viewer response.
    I totally forgot about Jericho! I was really into that show as well. Another "brilliant but canceled" victim. I'd heard they were bringing it back, but all I ever saw were repeats that built towards the season ender. It was so original as far as episodic TV went. Great that they're smart enough not to snub public demand and do one more season. The "Nuts" campaign was pure genius.

I'll look for the Daybreaks on ABC's site and see if they're still around.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Although I don't watch too much TV, I've always found good programs to watch. My currents include Heroes, Chuck, Lost, Amazing Race (when it's on) and deep cable's Ace of Cakes, Iron Chef America, Cash Cab, and Ninja Warrior.

I LOVE Cash Cab. How does that guy read off the questions and keep his eyes on the road?!?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    I LOVE Cash Cab. How does that guy read off the questions and keep his eyes on the road?!?
    LOL...I've wondered that myself. It is taped in New York, so watching the road isn't really a requirement. There was a funny story about Cash Cab where they stopped for this woman with a big shopping bag. Instead of piling in like everyone else does, she went around the back and opened the rear door to stow her bags. That's where the Cash Cab has all its electronics for the roof lights, cameras, and video screens.

Apparently she didn't even look and tried to cram her stuff inside while the crew were frantically getting out of the follow car and stop her before she broke something.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

This airs tonight(Monday, Jan 21st) and I am pretty excited about it:

http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people/
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just saw a preview for that the other day. Looks pretty good.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Almost missed that one. Thanks Chris, that looks very interesting!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Chris, that looks kewl!!!!!!
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, is anyone watching Rock of Love 2? This season has a different feel so far. Bret Michaels isn't even trying to hide the fact that he's really not interested in love, he just wants to bang as many hot chicks as possible.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Hmmmmm... let's think of what shows I watch right now that aren't all sent into complete syndication:
    Eureeka, Kyle XY, Scrubs, Star Gate Atlantis, Flash Gordon, annnnd Jericho.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    So, is anyone watching Rock of Love 2? This season has a different feel so far. Bret Michaels isn't even trying to hide the fact that he's really not interested in love, he just wants to bang as many hot chicks as possible.
    I didn't watch the first season but this one has roped me in.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

When does Jericho start back up?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    When does Jericho start back up?
    2/12
    It's stressful being an other. ~ Juliet

I believe there ought to be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. ~ Crash Davis

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope I'm not the only person watching AMC's Breaking Bad starring Malcom In the Middle's Brian Cranston.

It's an amazingly quirky/dark gem of a show.

Brian Cranston plays a high school chemistry teacher who learns that he is dying of cancer. In order to support his family when he's gone, he begins cooking and selling crystal meth.

This show feels like watching a Cohen brothers movie. It's on Sunday's on AMC. Check it out.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I don't really watch TV except for House. It is the embodiment of all that is good in the universe. I have the first three seasons on DVD and have made Hugh Laurie more or less a part of my daily routine.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you catch the episode that aired tonight?

Weird watching a Christmas episode in late January, but it was good.

I did still servant and I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem like the same caliber that I'm used to. For one, the patient was a horrible actress. The new team didn't really do it for me either. House's dialogue with Wilson also seemed a little forced (and I've never thought that before). The woman playing the patient really was horrible. It was one of the most unconvincing things I've ever seen. The whole opening montage was just stupid and a disgrace to the precedent that David Shore and Katie Jacobs had set.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen that actress in other things before, but I could not place here. I agree, she was not good. It's going to drive me crazy where I know her from. I'll ask my sis tomorrow.

Maybe that's why they shelved this episode or maybe you were just out of the House groove.

I agree though, it did seem a bit off.

Who knows. But it was off. I mean, I watch house almost everyday. I hope its just the writer's strike thats to blame. I'd hate to think this episode is indicative of the future trajectory of the show. I gotta get some sleep. Have a good night servant.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I will watch as long as 13 is on. She is my next wife!!!

Actually I'll watch after she leaves too.

NOTE: THERE will be a new episode of House right after the superbowl...you don't even have to change channels!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast