Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Twin Peaks coming back in 2016!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Twin Peaks coming back in 2016!

2016 can’t come soon enough!
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Supernatural Season 10 premiers tonight.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure if there was ever a Boardwalk Empire thread around here, so I'll post this here. I'm assuming there wasn't any interest in the show, or maybe people got out of it after the first few seasons like many people.

Anyway, here are my final thoughts on the series.

http://popculturedmoviemi.wix.com/po...ike#!blog/cy1p
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm not sure if there was ever a Boardwalk Empire thread around here, so I'll post this here. I'm assuming there wasn't any interest in the show, or maybe people got out of it after the first few seasons like many people.

Anyway, here are my final thoughts on the series.

http://popculturedmoviemi.wix.com/po...ike#!blog/cy1p
    I stayed with it as well and also thought the finale was a good rap. It may have had its ups and downs, but It was worth the loyalty, IMHO.

BTW, another great review!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I was satisfied. Not all shows stay strong from start to finish. I'm glad I stuck with it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Thanks. I was satisfied. Not all shows stay strong from start to finish. I'm glad I stuck with it.
    Me too. It was a little sad in the end as you could see it coming in a way, if they remained true to history. Capone was going to jail, Luciano wasn't going to lose etc.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

People who liked Boardwalk Empire all told me I had to get through the 1st season as the show progresses and gets better. Not a big selling point when starting a series from the creator. But I agreed with the viewers that told me to watch it. However, I'm not a fan of taking historical ideas and throwing them in a washer and pulling out things randomly. Changing history to make a fictitious story doesn't bode well for me. As I know most people are not very bright, unintelligent people will watch something, see Al Capone, and assume the story will be true. I hated this notion when I watched "Untouchables" the movies where Sean Connery's character Malone never existed at all. Nookie was a real person, but based on his real history, was not the person he was in the show. The ending wasn't true either. I'm glad the show is over as the main part of the name of the show "Board" was what it was doing to me as I pushed myself to watch it. Sure the writing was pretty good, but it was nice it finally ended.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Supernatural. The creator is on record for stating he had a 5 season plan for the show. His 5 seasons were truly stellar. He had 2 good looking guys, tasteful humor, real music, sweat man cars, and monsters for a pretty damn good show. Then the creator decided that his creation was done and moved on. Because people are easily amused, we are now on season 10 and it seems like season 10 is not the last season. The ratings are very high for the show and adding 5 more seasons to something with the SAME story replayed over and over and over again is more then repetitious. Why the hell is this show still on?! I am not a quitter and it kills me that the show is still on. I get by with my DVR, press play, and surf the internet to watch the show these days. How many times do the viewers need to see Dean and Sam die and come back to life? Or rehash old enemies or the children of the children they killed seasons ago. A great show has been ruined by too much!

I have figured out that when a show has 20 plus episodes per season half of those episodes are almost like filler to extend the life of a show. When a show is or can be great these days, it is 13 episodes only making the viewer need more.

Dexter fits the Supernatural mold of lasting too long. Dexter was fantastic in it's story, characters, antagonists, protagonists, and the pure disgust the viewer has for loving the main character who is a serial killer. Great job to the creator on this one. However, when he is on record telling the viewers he does not want it to become repetitive or used up by running the show with too many seasons, he does it anyway. He stated 4-5 seasons max. But we all know it was 7. When did it die? Well, after the amazing Lithgow season there should have been one more. Instead, the viewers got to see repetition and horrible ending to conclude ruining a show.
    spoiler

Sons of Anarchy surprised me with 7 really great seasons. But. Motorcycle gangs aren't that smart as many people have pointed out to me lol. True, but the show was greatly written and casted extremely well. Then again, the last season usually wraps up a show and makes or breaks it. SOA was broken by the ending.
    spoiler
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding SOA, I think often a writer has a great idea, it gets accepted and then he has more he wanted to do, but didn't have a fully thought out plan for a X season arc, as the creator of "Supernatural" did. They then often write themselves into a corner which is tough for them to extricate themselves from for an ending. Happens more than we would like to admit.

Spoiler:
    See "Lost". Nuff said!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

"Lost." That show was absolutely fantastic and people were talking about that show at work all the time.....like Seinfeld. Then there was that writer's strike, and shows were threatened to be cancelled and no one knew when shows were coming back, etc (I'm not sure if it affected Lost). Then the shows came back and look what happened to them. Another show that people always talked about that started off amazing was "Heroes." I was hoping it was going to continue to be amazing, but wow it fell apart do to the writer's strike.

I look at shows that have a start and finish plan, and not something where "we can get more money" ideas that kills a great idea. "Breaking Bad" comes to mind. People I know still talk about how they wish it was still ongoing, but knew it had to end. The creator did it perfect. "Deadwood" never finished because it was abruptly cancelled, but there was supposed to be one more season or 2 movies to end everything. Still too short, but it never happened and it is, I believe, 7 years after then end of the 3rd season so you know it will never happen.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    How many times do the viewers need to see Dean and Sam die and come back to life?
    As many times as the creators want to make it happen. I'm up for anything.
    No, but I guess I can see how some viewers could be tired of it (I only discovered the show a few years ago, so I binge watched everything up until now, so I'm not able to be "tired" of anything yet. It's still just as exciting and fun as it was for me when I first started watching.)
    I will say that I miss the amount of music that used to be incorporated into the show. It seems to be few and far between now.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    How many times do the viewers need to see Dean and Sam die and come back to life?
    No, but I guess I can see how some viewers could be tired of it (I only discovered the show a few years ago, so I binge watched everything up until now, so I'm not able to be "tired" of anything yet. It's still just as exciting and fun as it was for me when I first started watching.)
    I will say that I miss the amount of music that used to be incorporated into the show. It seems to be few and far between now.
    How much repetition can you, or me, or anyone really take? How redundant can you be as the creator rehashing the same story? When will it end? When Supernatural was on season 5 I started watching it and I was telling everyone about "you need to watch this show!" For people into super natural type shows it was funny, dark, great characters, cute girls, nice cars, great writing, cool demons, an ongoing story, etc. It was done great. Now I can't tell you what season I'm on.....season 37?

When I start something I have to finish it as I'm not a quitter, and it takes a lot for me to simply give up on a show. I'm the same way with the way I do things in my personal life. I hate people who never try or quit. My point is that I continue to watch the show and hate when people tell me how great it still is. This show needs to end because it was once a likable show and now it is on season 37 lol. It reminds me if Smallville. 20 plus episode seasons with maybe 8 episodes that had an actual descent story. Smallville did get a bit better when they added super hot Erica Durance, but the show was so slow moving. People ask me how I can still be watching Supernatural. Many guys I know stopped watching it as it continuously does the same thing. But like I said, I have to finish what I started.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    How much repetition can you, or me, or anyone really take? How redundant can you be as the creator rehashing the same story? When will it end? When Supernatural was on season 5 I started watching it and I was telling everyone about "you need to watch this show!" For people into super natural type shows it was funny, dark, great characters, cute girls, nice cars, great writing, cool demons, an ongoing story, etc. It was done great. Now I can't tell you what season I'm on.....season 37?
    I guess, for me, it's still a fun watch. I know they can sometimes do things that are predictable or that that have been done before, but I like that it still has humor and that it even pokes fun at itself sometimes.

My Mood
    Confused

I guess, for me, it's still a fun watch. I know they can sometimes do things that are predictable or that that have been done before, but I like that it still has humor and that it even pokes fun at itself sometimes.
    [/QUOTE]

I know most shows can't continue their great ratings or keep feeling refreshing, but some shows can still continue to entertain. It's been a long time since I was anxious to watch a show week to week. For me, that is "The Flash" and "Helix" off the top of my head. At first I thought "Sleepy Hollow" was going to be amazing as the first episode was like a movie. Yes they changed the story line's premiss, but it was really interesting to watch. Now, it seems that each week is hit or miss. Then again, I can't preach more about "Hannibal." I think everything about that show is mesmerizing to me. People are saying it is too dark for regular TV and should be on AMC or FX. Maybe, I'm surprised NBC has the show since it is a more family orientated station. But when a show gets a 3rd season, I hear it is hard to get one, the show will go on to a 4th for sure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to watch The West Wing but the 7 season, 20+ episode for season set up is too daunting for me. It will literally take me about a year and a half to 2 years to finish that.

I don't know if I can put up with that much politics lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I just binged through ten seasons of Friends in just under a month and a half. Granted they're 20+ minute episodes, but still, it's doable.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit dude! How many hours per day of TV did you watch!?

I just don't have the time for binge watching anymore. I'm hardly ever home. That's why it took me one whole year to watch The Sopranos lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About 5-6 episodes a day. Loved the hell out of it.

My Mood
    Confused

Does anyone watch "Gotham?" I was hoping it would be great and then noticed it's on FOX and that station loves to ruin shows. Off the bat I personally think it disappoints. I love the Penguin and Enigma, but Penguin is the only main type of character. I think the writing is rough, especially for Bullock. His dialogue sometimes seems childish. It is cool to see these villains younger, but at the same time if you are a Batman fan, you all know what happens to the characters.
    spoiler

I know many people that stopped watching the show already.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone watch "Gotham?" I was hoping it would be great and then noticed it's on FOX and that station loves to ruin shows. Off the bat I personally think it disappoints. I love the Penguin and Enigma, but Penguin is the only main type of character. I think the writing is rough, especially for Bullock. His dialogue sometimes seems childish. It is cool to see these villains younger, but at the same time if you are a Batman fan, you all know what happens to the characters.
    spoiler

I know many people that stopped watching the show already.
    I quit. It is garbage... sorry
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Banshee is one amazing show that is flying TOO LOW under the radar... anyone else see this show?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Off the bat
    lol

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Banshee is one amazing show that is flying TOO LOW under the radar... anyone else see this show?
    I watch Banshee and I'm glad a friend recommended it. Nice story, lots of steamy sex, extremely violent at times, pretty movie like to watch. The only complaint I have is that some episodes Hood seems to be a Terminator. Meaning, he takes such a beating and simply is fine and off to the next race. For how much violence shows up with Rabbit and now the Indians, it seems a bit far fetched. Besides that, I'm not complaining. 7-8/10, and I'm pretty critical. I hated what happened last episode .

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I watch Banshee and I'm glad a friend recommended it. Nice story, lots of steamy sex, extremely violent at times, pretty movie like to watch. The only complaint I have is that some episodes Hood seems to be a Terminator. Meaning, he takes such a beating and simply is fine and off to the next race. For how much violence shows up with Rabbit and now the Indians, it seems a bit far fetched. Besides that, I'm not complaining. 7-8/10, and I'm pretty critical. I hated what happened last episode .
    I agree... he can get beat to a pulp and still truck on. LOL Terminator is a great way to describe him. I have not seen an episode yet that did not blow me away.... I just hope they don't drag it out... maybe another season tops. And yeah... I guessed that happeneing but hoped it wouldn't Hood is gonna turn from the T-800 to the T-1000 now... you watch! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast