Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I will totally watch Sherlock Holmes as soon as it is available (didn't you just mention my having a life?... makes me wonder... anyway, there is no life in such weather: even my essay will be delayed - although not for long, am about halfway through) - it isn't at the moment, not in that Aladdin's cave where bears take everything.

and... will keep paws crossed... but in last ten minutes there's been some slight progress... knock on wood... I might still be watching episode 3 soon!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh well, in that case:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Has anyone watched American Horror Story yet? I had absolutely no interest in watching this show until I caught a few minutes of it on tv one day, and I must admit...it's pretty good. Two episodes in, I think I'm addicted.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hadn't heard of it until a few people started mentioning it in the other threads. I may check it out.

Oh, and it may have finished years ago, but Cracker (the proper one with Robbie Coltrane in the lead) might just be my new favourite show atm. I've watched the first 2 serials, 5 eps altogether, and the quality has been absolutely bloody perfect so far, with Coltrane showing off just how much of a great actor he is far more than he later got to do as Hagrid. (Even if he is a big enough bastard to play the part.) If it keeps it up throughout the whole series, it just might be a show I'd rank as highly as Doctor Who and Life on Mars, and I do not say that lightly! Seriously, anyone who loves high quality adult drama, look for the box set now!

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I hope this is really gonna happen this time...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-arnett-242967

At a reunion for the beloved Fox comedy at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, creator Mitch Hurwitz teased the possibility of continuing the 2003-06 series with a truncated nine- to 10-episode "mini-season" leading up to an Arrested Development film.
    This show never should have been cancelled.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I really do wanna watch the rest of that. I've only watched the first 3 eps so far, but it did seem fantastic, from what I saw! (I'm still just a tad bitter that it beat Life on Mars though, if I'm honest! )

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I hope this is really gonna happen this time...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-arnett-242967

At a reunion for the beloved Fox comedy at the New Yorker Festival on Sunday, creator Mitch Hurwitz teased the possibility of continuing the 2003-06 series with a truncated nine- to 10-episode "mini-season" leading up to an Arrested Development film.
    This show never should have been cancelled.
    True dat!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm, now that a few people new to the show seem to be down for the re-watch in January, I'm just wondering if I should set up a brand new thread for that, to list who's up for it, when it's (possibly) going to happen, and of course, to avoid any spoilers that have been heavily discussed upon in the current exist Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes thread. That a good idea?

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Who else is looking forward to this?

Love anything by Gervais and Merchant, so this should be good!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just because we need more people on board and I'm completely shameless:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ho-s-up-for-it

I know it's listed as a 're-watch', but this is as much for people who've yet to Life on Mars as for those who are just looking for a really good excuse to re-watch it all over again. It's for the new fans even more so: discussion from you guys is pretty much the closest thing to watching it all for the first time again that us fans can get. If you don't like cop shows, bear in mind it's more than just another cop show, it's really a whole mix of genres: scifi, comedy, drama, horror, even western - all combined into 16 episodes of pure storytelling perfection. Come on people, sign up!

As an added incentive, for every ten people that sign-up, it will mean a month of absolutely no posts from me referring to Doctor Who, and I mean none: no direct references, no allusions, no hints, no reminding feev to get the hell on with continuing series 5 for crying out loud, no posts on any board referring to the slightest thing from it, including the tv threads of Watching Right Now and even the Doctor Who thread. Because I really am this keen for people to check out Life on Mars!

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    As an added incentive, for every ten people that sign-up, it will mean a month of absolutely no posts from me referring to Doctor Who, and I mean none: no direct references, no allusions, no hints, no reminding feev to get the hell on with continuing series 5 for crying out loud, no posts on any board referring to the slightest thing from it, including the tv threads of Watching Right Now and even the Doctor Who thread. Because I really am this keen for people to check out Life on Mars!
    kk, but are people really this keen to shut you up? Or it's just the people who are who you really want on board?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, it's more of an incentive to me, more than anything. The fact is I'm a borderline obsessed fan who needs to keep a lid on it unless people actually want to hear it (such as, for example, chatting with Pond, along with a ton of other awesome stuff, of course). Maybe this will finally give me some control on it.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

it's a good thing that we are stating after Christmas then, James! I would be crushed if 10 newbies signed up and then we couldn't talk about the Christmas special on here! But, up to you...I know how much you love it and are eager to get new fans.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The fact is I'm a borderline obsessed fan
    You're kidding, right?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Believe me, I was surprised too. Then I listened to the auto-biography of comedian Toby Hadoke. Now that's when I found out what obsessed was!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Dare I ask how obsessed he was...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

We're talking obsessed enough to know not just the lines but the credits of every. Single. Episode. So he always knew exactly who worked on what episode, cast and crew. Which made going out with women rather difficult for him, if they happened to mention that their uncle or whatever worked on one ep and he was able to identify exactly which ep by name alone!

Still, at least us scifi fanatics are better than soap fans. The worst of those are really mental cases!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We're talking obsessed enough to know not just the lines but the credits of every. Single. Episode. So he always knew exactly who worked on what episode, cast and crew. Which made going out with women rather difficult for him, if they happened to mention that their uncle or whatever worked on one ep and he was able to identify exactly which ep by name alone!

Still, at least us scifi fanatics are better than soap fans. The worst of those are really mental cases!
    Now, that is impressive! I used to be able to do that with the main production crew of LOTR. Not every line, mind, but I found it to be rather impressive...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, it is impressive in a fan way, but it was a long time before he learned the first of two rules about talking to women you fancy: no matter how big a fan you are, you do not talk about Doctor Who. The second rule?

Spoiler:
    You.
    Spoiler:
    Do.
    Spoiler:
    Not.
    Spoiler:
    Talk.
    Spoiler:
    About.
    Spoiler:
    Pandas.

(Don't ask me why.) But hey, he got married and found happiness and some success eventually, which is the important lesson!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you know that was the highlight of my day so far, right? Does this count those damn ninja pandas? They are sneaky bastards, you know...they could easily sneak into the conversation and you wouldn't even notice it.

You should also know I completely detest the first rule. I have no interest in a guy unless he knows the Doctor...if he doesn't talk about it, how will I know if I need to fall in love?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, you raise an interesting dilemma, Pond. But not as interesting (or, thankfully, as fucked up) as the one presented in the first ep of Black Mirror last night, the first of 3 one off dramas set in a slightly (and I mean very slightly) different world to our own, with a different story each week. Written by creator of Dead Set Charlie Brooker, last night's The National Anthem presented a very interesting scenario, although it didn't look it from the tv trailers, which showed the celebrity Princess being held hostage and the Prime Minister having to think about whether to give in to the kidnapper's demands. Which seemed pretty unoriginal, by writer Charlie Brooker's usual standard.

Then I found out what the demand was, and why it couldn't be talked about in a trailer for daytime tv: the kidnapper didn't want money, or an imprisoned terrorist leader to be released. His demand was simple:

Spoiler:
    to show the Prime Minister on live television fucking a pig.

It was an unusual demand, it has to be said! The moment I found that out (which took a while, as I missed the first ten minutes, unfortunatly), that's when something different is given, a completely new take on the whole "should we give into his demands?" story. It also examined how the public - how the world - would treat such an event in the twitter age, something that was really why Brooker created the series in the first place. I'm gonna have to watch this again, very soon. It's not the greatest telly I've ever watched, but it's strikingly original, bold, and pretty darn good.

- Melike

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

http://bernardin.tumblr.com/post/141...-from-the-dead

If this really happened, I would actually pay for a netflix subscription.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That would be amazing! And I had no idea netflix was behind bringing Arrested Development back.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I would just die if that happened. But somehow they would have to bring Wash back.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That may just be speculation, but...hell, if it can happen with my no. 1 scifi favourite show, it can happen with my 3rd. (Or 4th.) Make it happen, Netflix!

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast