Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question:

Why the fuck is the UK being forced to wait nearly a whole fucking week after the US and Canada to see what is practically a UK fucking show?!?

Right, that's vented. Sorry, just thought that really needed to be asked!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So, did they finally release a date for the UK airing of Torchwood then? That royally sucks!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Apparently it's going to air in the UK on July 14. Wtf?!? This is what happens when we give in to American demands! They were able to watch Children of Earth the same day as the UK broadcast, and now the bastards are making us wait for Miracle Day. Again: what the flying fucking fuck?

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

is that the latest news? god that sucks crappie time.

I kinda guessed that was going to happen though, just hope the spoilers dont come thick and fast, may have to take myself off some of those facebook pages

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trouble is, it's not just a UK show any more. They're putting up most of the money (from what I hear) and over half the cast are American. More than half if we count John Barrowman

I'm not saying I agree with the decision to show it later here, mind. The show comes from us, after all. Mind you I'd have preferred it to have stayed predominantly on British soil (with perhaps a couple of episodes state-side) but... well. I'll probably still watch it. And to be fair, it's a show that has actually benefited from reinventing itself. Children of Earth was largely smashing. (I wasn't sure of the ending though.)

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know when the face-lifted two and a half men is suppose to air?
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question for anyone who's watched it: is Justified any good? Because it looks like one i might like, when i've got a little less tv and films to watch. Anyone here seen it?

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

When is Torchwood starting out here?! Only problem is I don't get Starz
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

About a week before the UK gets it, Heather.

BBC bastards!

- Melike

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Loved the Doctor Who season! awesome...still in love with Emilia (Amy) Pond. Now to Game of Thrones. Love it. Just now finishing the first book. The only thing my friends and I don't understand is Sean Bean. Without knowing the story we were excited to see him in the role....but now wonder if he read the book before excepting the role.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm hoping to start the novel very, very soon...also hoping that the complete series 1 gets released on dvd/blu ray asap so I can finish watching the show without worrying about sodding viruses or using up my disk space!

And don't forget Mordred: just 2 more months until we get the 2nd half of the current season of Who! Can't wait! (Especially after that cliffhanger!)

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of...any news as to when the the second half is supposed to start? Regardless, it can't come soon enough!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The new Torchwood, first episode....meh...No real wow moments at all, just setting up everything I guess.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Question for anyone who's watched it: is Justified any good? Because it looks like one i might like, when i've got a little less tv and films to watch. Anyone here seen it?
    I really enjoy Justified but it has had a few ups and downs. It is best when it focuses on the plot lines involving the main villains of each season. However, to fill up the seasons they have a few stand alone episodes that always follow the same formula ending with the random bad guy getting shot.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still "jonesing" for Walking Dead season 2.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just bought myself The Armando Ianucci Collection, for 25 quid, a 15 disc set which includes:
    • The Day Today
    • I'm Alan Partridge
    • The Thick of It (Including all 3 series and the specials)
    • Time Trumpet

All of which I have yet to see in full, mainly catching episodes off the telly, or in the case of the last one, watching clips off the internet, but everything I've watched, I've laughed my fucking arse off at. I cannot wait to get home and start making my way through this. (Especially The Day Today: Chris Morris is always hysterical as the straight-faced reporter reading the most ridiculous stories. The report I watched this morning on "Thousands of jobs to be culled" was what finally convinced me to buy this set.)

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Speaking of...any news as to when the the second half is supposed to start? Regardless, it can't come soon enough!
    3rd September so my sources tell me

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beavis & Butthead returning to MTV with new episodes this October. YESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay...something else me and hubby can fight over to watch....lol j/k

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I am done with the Dr. Who run, thinking of starting the BBC Robin Hood. Anybody seen it and is it worth my time?
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as Robin Hood is concerned, it was pretty good. Not nearly as good as Doctor Who, mind, or certainly Sherlock, but it was interesting enough to keep my interest for the first 2 series. At times it is very anachronistic, but that usually doesn't bother most people. The only problem I had with it (that actually has so far stopped me from watching the final 3rd series) is the ending of the 2nd. Please don't look this one up, as it ruins 1/3 of the second series, but it's just....it was handled poorly. I'd at least watch the first series, Yaksha, and see what you think. If you love it, keep going. Let us know what you think
    Last edited by alkanto; 07-24-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: missed a word. It's italicized now

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well that helps. I'll check out the first season Pond. Thanks
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To answer Jean's question in the "Top 5 films of 2010" thread, my personal top 10 UK comedies:

Spaced
    Snuff Box
    The Office (original)
    Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
    Brass Eye
    The IT Crowd
    The Day Today
    Monkey Dust
    The Thick of It
    Only Fools and Horses

I can't rank them, not in order of 1 to 10, at least, but I'd say Spaced would be my favourite sitcom ever, Snuff Box is absolutely fantastic in its bizarreness, and the original version of The Office is a work of genius in its subtlety. The rest are all brilliant, and whilst I'd say Only Fools might be ranked the lowest out of all of these, it certainly never fails to make me laugh my arse off whenever its on. (The Batman and Robin moment being one of my favourite examples.)

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oh my God, I've never seen any of those

And SHIT!!! The next episodes of Life on Mars just won't come. They stopped at 83% and won't budge for three days by now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fuck! I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything more on the series (for reasons other than the fact that you have a life, of course)!

And I can't say I'm surprised you haven't watched them. A fair few of them are shows that hardly anyone over here has watched either, with Garth Marenghi's Darkplace being the biggest example.

Oh, and this may seem like an unrelated question, but you are a Sherlock Holmes fan, correct? Or at least, enjoyed the stories? Because if you're unable to watch LoM at the moment, I must say that last year's Sherlock series is worth a go in the meantime. Certainly, it's one of the best Holmes adaptations I've watched. It's only 3 episodes long, too. Admittedly, each ep is 90 minutes each, but man, are they entertaining! (Which is considerably more than I can say for Guy Ritchie's adaptation.)

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast