Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 188 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It looks different from the clips I've see. [crosses fingers]

And I've not heard of The Other Side...what is it?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh good. I watched one little clip the other day, and it kinda looked like a serious drama, so I got a little worried. I really can't wait to see him as Elvis though

The Other Side I'm honestly not sure what the status is though. I heard about it probably well over a year ago, and it keeps being held up in pre-production. I really do hope that it gets made. At first I heard that Jason was going to play all these different characters in the film, which I thought would be pretty interesting. But now it looks like they only have him listed as one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hmmm, interesting.
    And looks like it has a lot of people in it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of the wrong thread but does anyone know where I can download free movie themes (like Jaws) for a powerpoint presentation?
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did you watch it Amanda? And if so, what did you think? I missed the end so I've gotta track it down somewhere.

I did!
    (As soon as it started, I thought: "Sh*t, I wonder if Heather remembered." )

I thought it was pretty good. Not brilliant, but I'll watch it again. It was okay for a cop show, I think.

Edit: that seemed like THE most vague review of a show.

I have the same feelings too. I'll watch a few more eps, but I really do hope it gets better. Sometimes first episodes are hard because they need to establish some kind of characters and backstory. And I really wanted to see him as Elvis, but they must not have showed it till the end, because I didn't see that at all. And that's the part I was most looking forward to

Well, you really didn't miss that much as far as the Elvis scene. It was pretty much a real short clip.
    But I'm the same as you...I'll check out a bit more of the show before having a better opinion of it.

We need more Elvis! You weren't kidding, it was a short clip. And last nights was even shorter

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt- What are you looking for exactly? I have a friend that does graphic art for any of the promo stuff I have to do... maybe he can help? Free help, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Kind of the wrong thread but does anyone know where I can download free movie themes (like Jaws) for a powerpoint presentation?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching Lost: Season Three. Wow, another amazing series. I heard the third series was slow paced, but I thought it went quite reasonably fast - a lot quicker than series one and two, anyway!

Spoiler:
    Or maybe I didn't like that half the first series was spent trying to open the sodding hatch, and then series two was almost entirely focused inside the hatch, that it was refreshing to find out a ton of info on the others and the Dharma Initiative.

Well then: 3 down, 3 to go! Can't wait to see what four has in store!

Spoiler:
    Also wondering who the hell the Other Others are!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Try www.mp3raid.com

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Just finished watching Lost: Season Three. Wow, another amazing series. I heard the third series was slow paced, but I thought it went quite reasonably fast - a lot quicker than series one and two, anyway!

Spoiler:
    Or maybe I didn't like that half the first series was spent trying to open the sodding hatch, and then series two was almost entirely focused inside the hatch, that it was refreshing to find out a ton of info on the others and the Dharma Initiative.

Well then: 3 down, 3 to go! Can't wait to see what four has in store!

Spoiler:
    Also wondering who the hell the Other Others are!
    How did I not know you were watching LOST?! Now I get to live vicariously through you!

I'm glad you liked season 3, I did too. It's been awhile, so I'll have to see it again if I do a series re-watch once season 6 comes out on DVD.

As for season 4, you'll love it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I've really been enjoying Lost, Ricky, but I'm definitely glad I've only waited till now to watch it. Finishing each season feels less like finishing a complete story and more like finishing a chapter. Or a volume of a much larger work. Unlike 24, where I could've just focused on any particular season really and just watch it, as long as I watched it from the season opener to the season finale. With Lost, there's less impulse to watch a particular season because it's still very much in the middle of things. No bad thing, and some really good storytelling. It just makes me want to get season 4 all the more!

So far, Lost is definitely one of my favourite shows I've seen recently. Well, one of my favourite American shows, anyway: I'm a proud British bastard, I have to say! But like I said, I could only really take it in box set form. All the suspence would've killed me one ep at a time!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So, British TV, then? Did you ever watch the Robin Hood series? I bought them on DVD - they were pretty good!
    Well...at least, season was good. Season 2 really was promising...until

And I just got into the newest season of Doctor Who...love the new doctor, by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    We need more Elvis! You weren't kidding, it was a short clip. And last nights was even shorter
    Son of a b*tch. I forgot to watch it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    So, British TV, then? Did you ever watch the Robin Hood series? I bought them on DVD - they were pretty good!

And I just got into the newest season of Doctor Who...love the new doctor, by the way!
    Nah, I never watched that. Well, I watched one ep, but it just couldn't quite match up to the high standards of Doctor Who, for me. Or maybe I had seen one too many Robin Hood adaptations to be interested. Although I did hear about the ending of season 2, and you're right, for a Robin Hood adaptation, that sounds extremely dumb. Can't say I'm surprised they cancelled it. (Something's that quite rare for a British series: usually they just let it end on its own!)

And I agree with ya about Doctor Who, Matt Smith has been brilliant. I can't wait till series 5 gets released on dvd. Then I can watch it over and over again and see what little details I missed the first time that only make sense after the finale (and there's a ton, from what I've seen so far)! If you're interested in more British telly, have you checked out the original version of Life on Mars? That was one of the few series that really kept me engrossed from start to finish. Same went for the sequel series Ashes to Ashes. A shame it's entirely finished now. The bastard copper Gene Hunt was a legend!

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But like I said, I could only really take it in box set form. All the suspence would've killed me one ep at a time!
    Tell me about it! The summer hiatuses were horrible! You're lucky you can just watch them whenever you want.

Listen to me talking about LOST in the past tense.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    But like I said, I could only really take it in box set form. All the suspence would've killed me one ep at a time!
    Tell me about it! The summer hiatuses were horrible! You're lucky you can just watch them whenever you want.

Listen to me talking about LOST in the past tense.
    At least you never had to wait more than a year for another full series when it was on! Last year, the only thing they showed of Doctor Who was 3 specials: an Easter one, a November one, plus the traditional xmas special, which was continued with a New Year's Day special. The wait was torture! Especially since the final moments of the New Year's Day special were some of the most anticipated moments of the show!

Although the series this year was really worth the wait, it still sucks that it's finished already, and it's another long wait till the next xmas special. Still, at least it's not another 9 years I have to wait. You got Netflix yet, Ricky? You can watch the first four series online on that.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Last year, the only thing they showed of Doctor Who was 3 specials: an Easter one, a November one, plus the traditional xmas special, which was continued with a New Year's Day special.
    That's horrible! If LOST did that, there would have been an angry mob outside of ABC. You know, in addition to the normal angry mob.

You got Netflix yet, Ricky? You can watch the first four series online on that.
    Well, I signed up for the free one month trial, so we'll see how that goes. I can see it not ending well.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah, I never watched that. Well, I watched one ep, but it just couldn't quite match up to the high standards of Doctor Who, for me. Or maybe I had seen one too many Robin Hood adaptations to be interested. Although I did hear about the ending of season 2, and you're right, for a Robin Hood adaptation, that sounds extremely dumb. Can't say I'm surprised they cancelled it. (Something's that quite rare for a British series: usually they just let it end on its own!)

And I agree with ya about Doctor Who, Matt Smith has been brilliant. I can't wait till series 5 gets released on dvd. Then I can watch it over and over again and see what little details I missed the first time that only make sense after the finale (and there's a ton, from what I've seen so far)! If you're interested in more British telly, have you checked out the original version of Life on Mars? That was one of the few series that really kept me engrossed from start to finish. Same went for the sequel series Ashes to Ashes. A shame it's entirely finished now. The bastard copper Gene Hunt was a legend!
    Totally understandable about RH...how many times can one re-do the same story, really? If you do like the legend, however, I suggest picking up the King Raven Trilogy (of books) written by Stephen Lawhead. Those did fairly well with him, as far as realism and actual myth are concerned. As for me, I'm still debating whether the $50 for season 3 DVDs are worth it...I've already watched the finale on the same site I get my Doctor Who fix from, so I'm guessing no...

Hm...actually haven't seen Life on Mars. I will certainly check it out, though. As long as I can get it online, it shouldn't be a problem to check it out. You have no idea how jealous I am that you get these amazing shows before us! I can get the episodes right as they air in the UK from a streaming website, but quality is utter crap But beggars can't be choosers...I'm just lucky my laptop is fast enough to stream the website at all, I guess.
    But so far, yes, Matt Smith is fantastic! Just quirky enough for me to love him! ^_^ By far, my favorite episode from this season has been "The Beast Below" but I'm only about 6 episodes in. Can't wait to get a free afternoon to catch up

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Last year, the only thing they showed of Doctor Who was 3 specials: an Easter one, a November one, plus the traditional xmas special, which was continued with a New Year's Day special.
    That's horrible! If LOST did that, there would have been an angry mob outside of ABC. You know, in addition to the normal angry mob.
    Yeah, but to be fair, the show was getting a whole new set of producers, and needed some extra time to prepare and start near pretty much from scratch, whilst the old producers rounded up all their loose threads with a few specials. That, plus they wanted to make Doctor Who event television to make it really worth it. I can understand why. It's like major comic book movie sequels: if they released a sequel every year, people would just get sick of it instead of anticipating it. And yes, Doctor Who is big enough over here in Britain to justify that kind of comparison! It definitely paid off, I must say. The New Year's Day special was the no. 1 watched show for the week I think. It got about 11 million viewers in the UK, anyway.

Totally understandable about RH...how many times can one re-do the same story, really? If you do like the legend, however, I suggest picking up the King Raven Trilogy (of books) written by Stephen Lawhead. Those did fairly well with him, as far as realism and actual myth are concerned. As for me, I'm still debating whether the $50 for season 3 DVDs are worth it...I've already watched the finale on the same site I get my Doctor Who fix from, so I'm guessing no...

Hm...actually haven't seen Life on Mars. I will certainly check it out, though. As long as I can get it online, it shouldn't be a problem to check it out. You have no idea how jealous I am that you get these amazing shows before us! I can get the episodes right as they air in the UK from a streaming website, but quality is utter crap But beggars can't be choosers...I'm just lucky my laptop is fast enough to stream the website at all, I guess.
    But so far, yes, Matt Smith is fantastic! Just quirky enough for me to love him! ^_^ By far, my favorite episode from this season has been "The Beast Below" but I'm only about 6 episodes in. Can't wait to get a free afternoon to catch up
    Well, we've got the same problem with all the good US shows over here. Lost was usually broadcast at least a few days behind (although they did have the decency to air The End in the UK at the same time as in the US, but I still haven't got that far yet, so I didn't bother watching it), and Persons Unknown sounds awesome, but I've heard sod all about it being aired over here!

And are the Doctor Who box sets worth the ridiculously high price tags? Probably not, but I get them for two reasons: the special features they're loaded with, and of course, the fact that I've been a fan of the show since forever! (OK, since I was 8, but that was 14 years ago, so it's close enough! ) Also, the series 3 set has the best easter egg ever: the easter egg from Blink! Loved that they actually included that!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, if you decide you just can't wait for some episodes (like me!) try going to CastTv.com. That's where I watch Doctor Who...like I said, the quality isn't exactly superb, but I've definitely seen worse.

Now, after telling you, I really hope it works over there for you. but if it does, the episodes typically go up the same day they air, just slightly after the air time.

On a completely different note...does any one where watch Supernatural? It's my absolute favorite!

And are the Doctor Who box sets worth the ridiculously high price tags? Probably not, but I get them for two reasons: the special features they're loaded with, and of course, the fact that I've been a fan of the show since forever! (OK, since I was 8, but that was 14 years ago, so it's close enough! ) Also, the series 3 set has the best easter egg ever: the easter egg from Blink! Loved that they actually included that!
    There's an easter egg from Blink! I want to see it

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's an easter egg from Blink! I want to see it
    Technically, you already have, Heather!

Spoiler:
    It's the Doctor's message to Sally on the dvds she had. That's an actual easter egg on the series 3 set! I went when I found it!

- Melike

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Son of a b*tch. I forgot to watch it.
    Oh no, I should have reminded you. I just assumed you would remember. Check TNTs website, that's where I caught the end of the first episode. It was ok. And Juliette Lewis guest stared.

Technically, you already have, Heather!

Spoiler:
    It's the Doctor's message to Sally on the dvds she had. That's an actual easter egg on the series 3 set! I went when I found it!
    Oh, I was hoping it was bonus footage or something

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 188 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast