Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The only reason why I was disappointed in Community is that I watched the NBC Fall Preview On Demand and they gave away almost every joke.

I'm not kidding, I literally felt like I had already seen the episode before. I'm looking forward to the second episode where I won't know every joke that's coming.
    Good point there.
    That's probably why I was so bored with it.

But I believe in Joel.

Oh, and I loved Ricky Gervais and Sarah Silverman in the Emmys last night.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Peep Show in half an hour! SQUEE! So glad it's back!

(Btw, just to clarify, Peep Show is a British comedy as seen through the eyes - literally - of two social screw-ups, nothing kinky. It's rude, sick, and disgusting, yes, but it's nothing kinky.)

Last week's ep was ok, but i've got my fingers crossed for a better ep this week. Expect another post in an hour!

UPDATE:

"Come on Mr Taliban: tally my bananas!" "She just said FUCK! Maybe if i say FUCK, and she says FUCK, we'll both FUCK!"

And quite a few more great quotes. Yep, tonight's ep was truly brilliant!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just started watching Mad Men. I'm only 6 episodes in, but I think I'm hooked.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just started watching Mad Men. I'm only 6 episodes in, but I think I'm hooked.
    Mad Men is fantastic. I think I remember seeing somewhere on here a while ago that you like old movies, Heather. So far most people I know who love old classic films love Mad Men. Which isn't to say that it's like an old movie necessarily, but with the clothes and speech done so well, it's definitely part of the appeal. Keep watching, I'd love to know how you feel about the whole thing
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Mad Men is fantastic. I think I remember seeing somewhere on here a while ago that you like old movies, Heather. So far most people I know who love old classic films love Mad Men. Which isn't to say that it's like an old movie necessarily, but with the clothes and speech done so well, it's definitely part of the appeal. Keep watching, I'd love to know how you feel about the whole thing
    Yep, I love older films. And actually one of the things that I love the most about the show is the time period. I'll let you know what I think of it all once I get caught up. What season is currently airing on tv, the third or is it the fourth?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Yep, I love older films. And actually one of the things that I love the most about the show is the time period. I'll let you know what I think of it all once I get caught up. What season is currently airing on tv, the third or is it the fourth?
    Season 3 is airing right now, and if you do get caught up, I think you can watch the Season 3 episodes that have already aired on On Demand.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Oh good, I might be able to. I'm trying to watch at least one episode a day, and I think they're short seasons, so maybe by the end of the weekend, I'll be all caught up.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anybody else think The Office totally sucked tonight? The episode had so much potential, and yet... they blew it completely.

Spoiler:
    Way too much time spent on Andy's scrotum. It was stupid. It got old immediately. Way too much time on Kevin also. I'm glad they didn't focus too much on Ryan and Kelly though, they really drive me nuts if they're not just peripheral. Oh, and the whole "let's elope when we're supposed to be having our real wedding" thing? Rocko's Modern Life about 12 years ago. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who remembers that.

I don't know, there's so much they could have done with it that wouldn't have been so stupid and off-topic. And the puking scene in the beginning was dumb. Actually, there were maybe three moments that I actually found enjoyable. And it was an hour long.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Did anybody else think The Office totally sucked tonight? The episode had so much potential, and yet... they blew it completely.

Spoiler:
    Way too much time spent on Andy's scrotum. It was stupid. It got old immediately. Way too much time on Kevin also. I'm glad they didn't focus too much on Ryan and Kelly though, they really drive me nuts if they're not just peripheral. Oh, and the whole "let's elope when we're supposed to be having our real wedding" thing? Rocko's Modern Life about 12 years ago. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who remembers that.

I don't know, there's so much they could have done with it that wouldn't have been so stupid and off-topic. And the puking scene in the beginning was dumb. Actually, there were maybe three moments that I actually found enjoyable. And it was an hour long.
    The one thing that really bugs me on The Office is the dumb one-off stuff they do in between the actual stories. Sometimes funny, but usually not worth it IMO.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually like Mindy Kaling's character, and B.J. Novak, but I agree with you. For some reason, the story-line involving their characters is really annoying, and not very interesting at all.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying Flashforward so far! Never read the book so I don't care that people who did aren't enjoying the show so much.

Fringe is back and better than ever!!!

Guilty pleasure = Supernatural

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

New shows that I like:

-The Middle
    -That one on ABC with Ed O'Neil

New show that I LOVE:

Glee

I'm also watching Eastwick. Even though the show itself is very mediocre, Sara Rue is a member of the cast so I have to watch it.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

HOUSE M.D. is back!!!

There ARE no other TV shows!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    HOUSE M.D. is back!!!

There ARE no other TV shows!

See post above.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I did...It's MY post...goofy!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

D'oh!

Seriously though, the two series I miss the most are Reaper and The Game.

On the other hand, am I the only person who can't stand Seth MacFarlane? His one ostensibly funny show-which isn't actually that amusing-is The Family Guy, and so he gets carte blanche from Fox to completely ruin Sunday night after The Simpsons. Why?!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'm enjoying Flashforward so far! Never read the book so I don't care that people who did aren't enjoying the show so much.

Fringe is back and better than ever!!!

Guilty pleasure = Supernatural
    its a book?
    its ok so far, still waiting for it to 'pick up' if that doesnt sound daft, as i am in uk am behind you (sound like a pantomime) so its probabley got really exciting now
    Fringe is ace - that is all. its one of the best programmes on at the moment, i saw a behind the scenes thingy the other day, and it mentioned it did not know where they wanted to take the relationship with Olivia and peter, whether as a 'couple' or as a brother sister thing. i would love it if she got all maternal about peter and his dad,

just started on supernatural - liking what i see so far.

universe - of course, has just started which seems good so far,

autumn tv rules

oh - i keep meaning to watch 'in session' on sky arts has anyone caught this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    New shows that I like:

-The Middle
    -That one on ABC with Ed O'Neil

New show that I LOVE:

Glee

I'm also watching Eastwick. Even though the show itself is very mediocre, Sara Rue is a member of the cast so I have to watch it.

I love Eastwick. I think it might be my favorite new show so far this year.

Seriously though, the two series I miss the most are Reaper and The Game.
    How could you forget Pushing Daisies?! I miss that one dearly.

As for FlashForward, I'm having a hard time getting into it. It's ok, but eveytime it comes on I get kinda bored, and only give it half my attention.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

How could you forget Pushing Daisies?! I miss that one dearly.
    D'oh!

You're right. How could I miss that one? At least the season is on DVD now.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

do we know if there are any plans to do a new series of pushing diasies?

just started watching series 2 of torchwood

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i have been forced to watch an episode of glee and have been in the room for several others.

that show is, well, that show is not for me.

it's not as clever as it thinks it is.

the musical bits are mostly pointless.

i am not a fan of musicals to begin with, but this not even musical style singing, it's often like karaoke or american idol in the middle of the show, rocked up covers of songs people know. whoo hoo!

i just don't get the appeal.

however, it's always sunny in philadelphia is back and that's the funniest show on television, so i can't complain too much.

i do wish i had hbo so i could be watching this season of curb your enthusiasm, but i can wait for dvd.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I actually like Mindy Kaling's character, and B.J. Novak, but I agree with you. For some reason, the story-line involving their characters is really annoying, and not very interesting at all.
    Yeah, some of the characters on the office are meant to be funny when they say a few lines and go away, but are terrible when put in the plot. Yet they keep trying anyway.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

ka-mai, I agree about The Office. I was really looking forward to the wedding episode, and was super excited about it being an hour long, but ended up being disappointed.
    Spoiler:
    I could have done without the entire pre-wedding activities and would have much rather seen the reception. And I didn't understand the whole Chris Brown song-dancing thing. I know it was from that video from a few months ago, but why were the employees of Dunder Mifflin dancing to it? Did Michael plan that or did Jim's brothers? They didn't explain it enough for it to be believable, and instead it just seemed like they wanted the cast to be able to goof off.

And jayson, I agree about It's Always Sunny. That and Sons of Anarchy ( ) are two of my favorite shows on tv right now.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Re: It's Always Sunny..

This is what hooked me - Charlie's impromptu America song:

http://qik.com/video/417089

I'm behind on that show, gotta catch up! :/ (edit: just realized that's a horrible quality video clip, oops.)

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone see the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 188 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast