Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 188 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a big fan of anthology shows in general. I feel it hinders the consistency of a show as you can only draw from the well so many times.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm not a big fan of anthology shows in general. I feel it hinders the consistency of a show as you can only draw from the well so many times.
    I think these anthologies boil down to opportunities for more original, quality shows, and I'm glad that they're at least trying.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't have any issue with anthology shows. The only thing that irk'd me was that they were taking a show based off of one of my favorite books and turning it into something that has nothing to do with my favorite book. I guess I just wish they would call it a different name, that's all. I know it's silly And it does sound intriguing so I will check it out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think anthology shows can work as long as they are meant to be an anthology show. The Terror is cashing in on a known property that did well last year.

I didn't realize The Act (which is fantastic if you haven't seen it) was an anthology until recently. A show like that lends itself perfectly to that format.

The same with American Crime. The O.J. Simpson season was fantastic. I've been vocal in how much I despised the Versace season and I know I'm not alone. I'm still not sure how it got so much critical acclaim. I heard the next season is supposed to be about Hurricane Katrina.

I think it works well for True Detective as well. I really loved season 3.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So I bought a guilty pleasure off of ebay last week,
    Dark Shadows
    the tv series from the 60's-70's.
    Saw it a couple of times in the early 70's as a kid and always wanted to watch the series. So far 3 episodes in and it is cheesy and I love it.
    I started on the episode that Barnabas Collins (the vampire) starts in.
    A soap opera with a vampires, werewolfs, and even phoenixs...can't go wrong
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    So I bought a guilty pleasure off of ebay last week,
    Dark Shadows
    the tv series from the 60's-70's.
    Saw it a couple of times in the early 70's as a kid and always wanted to watch the series. So far 3 episodes in and it is cheesy and I love it.
    I started on the episode that Barnabas Collins (the vampire) starts in.
    A soap opera with a vampires, werewolfs, and even phoenixs...can't go wrong
    Dark Shadows is awesome. I have the complete series too. Did you see that trailer for the Dark Shadows documentary?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Mae, is Dark Shadows on any streaming service that you know of? I've seen a few random bits here and there, but would love to watch more.

Country
    Country Flag

It's bounced around Netflix and Hulu. It looks like Hulu has some episodes still but the complete series on on Amazon Prime now: https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows/dp/B0031ZNGGQ

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, it looks like it starts off with Episode 210, when Barnabas arrives.

The actual story with Victoria Winters begins here: https://www.amazon.com/Episode-1/dp/B0143JHTFW/

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    ...I've been vocal in how much I despised the Versace season.
    I loved that...

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It's bounced around Netflix and Hulu. It looks like Hulu has some episodes still but the complete series on on Amazon Prime now: https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows/dp/B0031ZNGGQ
    Thanks Mae, unfortunately I don't have Amazon prime. I'll check out Hulu though and see what they've got.

Country
    Country Flag

Aw dang! Prime is worth it though, but not just for Dark Shadows of course. But it does have all 1200+ episodes of the series while Hulu just has a small portion it appears.

Country
    Country Flag

Inspired by our conversation, I just streamed the first six episode of Dark Shadows on Prime. God how I love this show. The music, the weirdly slightly distorted picture, the fab '60s fashions, the engaging mystery. It's really special!

Also:

Country
    Country Flag

YUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...op-tv-season-4
    Pop TV, now fully owned by CBS Corporation, has announced that the critically-acclaimed series One Day At a Time will continue with a new 13-episode fourth season premiering in 2020. The network shared the news amid fan campaigns rallying behind the series after the series cancelation at Netflix. Produced by Sony Pictures Television, the fourth season of One Day At a Time will air exclusively on Pop.

One Day At a Time, the comedy-drama inspired by Norman Lear’s 1975 series of the same name, follows the life of Penelope Alvarez (Justina Machado), a newly single Army veteran, and her Cuban-American family, as they navigate the ups and downs of life. Now a nurse practitioner, Penelope is raising two strong-willed children. When faced with challenges, Penelope turns to her “old-school” mother Lydia (Rita Moreno), and her building manager Schneider (Todd Grinnell), who has become an invaluable confidant. The series offers a contemporary take on what life looks like in both good and bad times, and how loved ones can help make it all worthwhile. The series also stars Isabella Gomez as Elena Alvarez, Marcel Ruiz as Alex Alvarez and Stephen Tobolowsky as Dr. Berkowitz.

“How amazing it is to be involved with this brilliant and culturally significant series that deals with important themes one minute while making you laugh the next,” said Brad Schwartz, Pop TV President. “If Schitt’s Creek has taught us anything, it’s that love and kindness always wins. Pop is now the home to two of the most critically praised and fan-adored comedies in all of television, bringing even more premium content to basic cable. We couldn’t be more proud to continue telling heartwarming stories of love, inclusion, acceptance, and diversity that pull on your emotions while putting a smile on your face.”

As part of the innovative deal to pick up the new season, One Day At a Time will also be broadcast on the CBS Television Network later in 2020, following its run on Pop. CBS was the home of the original series that aired over 40 years ago.

“We are so honored to be associated with this exceptional series,” said Jeff Frost, Sony Pictures Television President. “It means so much to so many people. We were never willing to accept that the story of the Alvarez family might not continue and we undertook every effort to ensure that did not occur. We are so grateful to our new partners at Pop and CBS for believing in this series and working with us to bring it back. We are overjoyed to continue to work with the brilliant team of Gloria, Mike, Norman, and Brent as well as this brilliantly talented cast.”

One Day At a Time is produced by Act III Productions, Inc., Snowpants Productions and GloNation in association with Sony Pictures Television, with Norman Lear, Mike Royce, Gloria Calderón Kellett and Brent Miller serving as executive producers.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but there's a new TV adaptation of War Of The Worlds (set in modern-day Europe): https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/06/wa...ok-images.html

Looks like a nice cast and, given that it is a European production, I am expecting quality (meaning, I doubt it will degenerate into Mist-like garbage). I don't know if it has exactly 8 episodes, or at least 8.

While looking this up on IMDB, I found that there is another TV adaptation of WOTW, this one set in Edwardian London (I haven't seen much about that one).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's no actual news here, and this gets mentioned from time to time without anything happening, but I guess every mention is a small reason for optimism:

Bryan Fuller Assures That “No One Has Given Up” On “Hannibal” Returning to Television

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/356...ng-television/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The fact that Hannibal was cancelled prematurely is the only reason I haven't started watching it. Starting a show or book only to find out that it will never receive its intended ending drives me batshit crazy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    There's no actual news here, and this gets mentioned from time to time without anything happening, but I guess every mention is a small reason for optimism:

Bryan Fuller Assures That “No One Has Given Up” On “Hannibal” Returning to Television

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/356...ng-television/
    This show was as good as network television can ever possibly get. Hopefully its eventual return will include the rights to Lambs

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The fact that Hannibal was cancelled prematurely is the only reason I haven't started watching it. Starting a show or book only to find out that it will never receive its intended ending drives me batshit crazy.
    I recommend you watch it; I think it still feels like a whole viewing experience as it is, and it's fantastic.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Highly highly recommend and it gets a good ending.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All right, I'll take y'alls words for it. Every time I skim through Prime and see it pop up I get the insane urge to start it, but the aforementioned cancellation always held me back. Its sad too because I know for a fact that I'll love it, but incomplete stories are usually too strong a deterrent for me.

I might have some downtime during long weekend so I'll give it a whirl

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I recommend you watch it; I think it still feels like a whole viewing experience as it is, and it's fantastic.
    I loved this adaptation and will boldly say I enjoyed Mads as Hannibal more so then Hopkins.....I said it. Darcy was fantastic as Will Graham. The atmosphere is beautiful yet dreary. Sometimes it will get a bit too artsy, but not a deal breaker. Each season's end sort of has a series ending to it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I loved this adaptation and will boldly say I enjoyed Mads as Hannibal more so then Hopkins.....I said it. Darcy was fantastic as Will Graham. The atmosphere is beautiful yet dreary. Sometimes it will get a bit too artsy, but not a deal breaker. Each season's end sort of has a series ending to it.
    Mads over Hopkins !!?? Blasphemy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Mads over Hopkins !!?? Blasphemy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I said it! Definitely Mads is a better dresser and the way he prepares "his food" is quite astounding. It makes me want to go out and get a cookbook and prepare some of his dishes.....without people parts of course.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 188 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast