Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I don't think I've seen a single person discuss Jessic Jones S2 - was that any good?

I'm slowly making my way through the Marvel shows. I have JJs1 and DDs1 under my belt.

Not even going to bother with Iron Fist.
    JJ does nothing for me. That sinister purple fella was the only thing I liked about season 1. Don’t see a point to S2. I mean zero disrespect but the only positive thing said about JJS2 that I hear/read is that every ep was directed by a woman...not a peep about the content

I actually liked both seasons of Luke cage but it’s very disposable and prob not worth it now since there’s no S3.

Trust your instincts with Iron Fist, though the supporting cast is actually pretty good in S2

All 3 seasons of DD are a must. Punisher is also great. Defenders is the opposite of that

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DD and Punisher are the bomb. Punisher being the highlight of it all!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't think I've seen a single person discuss Jessic Jones S2 - was that any good?
    I liked it quite a bit.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope everyone's been watching Sabrina on Netflix because it's one of the best shows in a long time. It's such a fun and spooky and really unique-looking show. I really hope we get an Archie-verse happening. And the casting, especially of Sabrina herself, is just spot on. To quote the below spoiler review, "No one else can ever be Sabrina again!"

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Hey danhocker apparently DDs3 viewing was down 57% during its first week compared to S2. Prob not a good sign although they released it same time as Haunting of Hill House and other Halloween content. I’m gonna blame marketing bc S3 was awesome imo
    Definitely marketing. I didn't even know about it until a week after it was already out.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

JJ season 2 wasn't as good as season 1, but I actually probably still liked it better than about half of season 2 of Dare Devil. If there's ranking involved it's probably Daredevil, Jesica Jones, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, then Defenders.

I enjoy them all but Defenders isn't worth the time (just read the plot summary), and I'm not sure the first seasons of Iron Fist or Luke Cage are worth the time. The 2nd seasons of both of them are however pretty good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I enjoy them all but Defenders isn't worth the time (just read the plot summary)..
    Interesting. Why not? Is it too many cooks in the kitchen?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy them all but Defenders isn't worth the time (just read the plot summary)..
    I have to agree. Defenders was horrible..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    DD and Punisher are the bomb. Punisher being the highlight of it all!
    I totally agree, but I feel Punisher had a more realistic feel (was depressing and sympathetic and real at times) and better then DD. Though DD season 2 was fantastic.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I'm slowly making my way through the Marvel shows. I have JJs1 and DDs1 under my belt.

Not even going to bother with Iron Fist.
    I didn't care for it at all. I felt it was like reaching for your Visine, and you are very tired and accidentally grab super glue. You put super glue in your eyes and you are simply in for a tormentous night. That was like watching JJ.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would really love a S2 of punisher. They set up the next season’s villain perfectly...as did DDS3

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly it was just poorly written. It also relied pretty heavily on Iron Fist's storyline and what I consider the bad parts of DD season 2. Mostly though it just didn't really "mesh".

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Finished DD S3 in a day and a half. Great stuff.

I thought Luke Cage and Iron Fist sucked so I'm not broken up about cancelations.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Has anyone seen the previews for Nightflyers on SyFy? I don't watch many shows, but have to say the commercials look intriguing.
    Also, I didn't realize it was based of a book until I looked it up. Can anyone here tell me if they read the book and, if so, if it is worth reading?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Has anyone seen the previews for Nightflyers on SyFy? I don't watch many shows, but have to say the commercials look intriguing.
    If anyone hasn't seen it, here's a preview:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

We watched the entire six-part miniseries of Le Carre's The Little Drummer Girl yesterday. Engrossing and thought-provoking, with a star turn by Florence Pugh.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    We watched the entire six-part miniseries of Le Carre's The Little Drummer Girl yesterday. Engrossing and thought-provoking, with a star turn by Florence Pugh.
    I thought it was fantastic. I came here to post about it as well. If you haven't seen The Little Drummer Girl yet, please do so as soon as possible. This Saturday, AMC is having a marathon.

Pugh's career is about to go nuclear. Holy shit.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    If anyone hasn't seen it, here's a preview:

Damn. I've only seen the teaser trailers. This one makes me want to see it even more.

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Luther!
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We touched on this a little bit in the best shows since 2000 thread, but we are truly in the golden age of TV since around the year 2000. I would say the last 2 or 3 years especially we have reached a pinnacle. There are so many shows it's impossible to keep track, especially with all the new streaming devices.

A perfect example of this was last week. 3 new shows started last week. All 3 of them actually on cable as well and all three feature an outstanding pedigree of talent attached to each project. Escape at Dannemora, The Little Drummer Girl and Dirty John. Just look at these names:

Escape at Dannemora: Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Ben Stiller (Directing)
    The Little Drummer Girl: Florence Pugh, Alexander Skarsgård, Michael Shannon, Chan-wook Park (Directing)
    Dirty John: Connie Britton, Eric Bana, Juno Temple, Julia Garner, Jean Smart

It's just insane. All in one week too. As soon as I finish one show or dump one, 3 more pop up. They're like weeds. The saving grace is that many of them are limited series and the ones that aren't don't require an investment of more than 8 or 10 episodes.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    We touched on this a little bit in the best shows since 2000 thread, but we are truly in the golden age of TV since around the year 2000. I would say the last 2 or 3 years especially we have reached a pinnacle. There are so many shows it's impossible to keep track, especially with all the new streaming devices.

A perfect example of this was last week. 3 new shows started last week. All 3 of them actually on cable as well and all three feature an outstanding pedigree of talent attached to each project. Escape at Dannemora, The Little Drummer Girl and Dirty John. Just look at these names:

Escape at Dannemora: Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Ben Stiller (Directing)
    The Little Drummer Girl: Florence Pugh, Alexander Skarsgård, Michael Shannon, Chan-wook Park (Directing)

It's just insane. All in one week too. As soon as I finish one show or dump one, 3 more pop up. They're like weeds. The saving grace is that many of them are limited series and the ones that aren't don't require an investment of more than 8 or 10 episodes.
    Like I mentioned in the other thread as well, I must have way different taste than many of the others here. I'm not really interested in any of those 3 shows you mentioned, yet I seem to have a constant stream of show to watch on any given night on my DVR.

I know I have at least 2 or 3 shows that I have nearly the entire season recorded but I haven't even started watching them yet. I know there are a couple that should be coming out sometime next year that I'm looking forward to as well.

Although I have to admit I still enjoy a lot of the classics that I couldn't include on my 2000 or later list as well. Many of which are in syndication now. Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Married With Children, King of Queens, etc...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Like I mentioned in the other thread as well, I must have way different taste than many of the others here. I'm not really interested in any of those 3 shows you mentioned, yet I seem to have a constant stream of show to watch on any given night on my DVR.
    There's nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different taste.

For the record, two of those shows I listed are essentially longform movies. We don't really call them TV movies anymore, but that's exactly what they are. The new term now is limited series, I suppose.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love limited series. They're essentially 8 hour movies. A generous amount of time to tell a story, without having to invest 60 plus hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 188 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast