Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just saw that they were remaking this. Seems odd, I was wondering why they don't just make their own new witch show. So much is a remake these days, just trying to cash in on the name of something.
    I don't know why, but you saying "why don't they just make their own new witch show" cracked me up.
    But it's true. Nothing is very original these days and I'm not sure why Charmed even needs to be revisited. haha

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That said, Sabrina is getting really good reviews.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The window of opportunity for a TV series to grab attention can be short and brutal; no shortcuts to marketability or buzz generation will be overlooked, and pre-existing names are a big part of that.

Sabrina at least looks like they took it in a new direction; I expect that to do well.

Now, pardon me while I disappear to bitterly lament the departure of some great original programming (Outcast, Aquarius, The Exorcist).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Won't lie, that Twitter video made me tear up a bit:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm really excited for this one. Maybe because it looks so different. But I will admit to fully watching and enjoying the previous Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the old Sabrina as well. It was TGIF after all! I liked it as a comedy so am really intrigued to see how it does as more of a horror/drama.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just saw that they were remaking this. Seems odd, I was wondering why they don't just make their own new witch show. So much is a remake these days, just trying to cash in on the name of something.
    Salem, was good for the first season and then poof! It fell off a cliff.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My gosh... HHH just gets BETTER AND BETTER. Last night we watched the best episode yet!!!!
    It's pretty impressive and the actors, especially the kids, are pretty amazing.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Daredevil season 3. Well, I feel like it was a season 1 type of season with all the back stories. I don't want to give anything away, but I wasn't much of a fan and I feel the series has regressed from such amazing seasons 1 and 2.

I heard Luke Cage was cancelled. I couldn't get through it after 3 episodes so it is of no loss to me.

I also heard Iron Fist was cancelled. First season sucked, and the second season was actually pretty good. However, I didn't like certain things that were progressing towards the end with the "iron fist" itself so to speak. So I am kind of glad this is gone as well. I felt the show shows that you don't have to work hard to achieve something. Kind of like what the younger generation expects from real life these days.

My Mood
    Confused

Making a Murderer season 2, A far cry from season 1. Repetitive information from the previous season. I'm not done with it, but it isn't as enticing as season 1. I feel bad for the Avery's and feel the government will do whatever it takes to make sure their laziness and mistakes keeps this family in turmoil. This is your American government

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10...eries-netflix/
    Some Marvel fans suspect Netflix cancelling Iron Fist and Luke Cage one week apart could mean the streaming service is looking to merge both shows as Heroes for Hire.

Of the half-dozen Marvel-Netflix productions so far — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, and The Punisher — only the series headlined by Danny Rand (Finn Jones) and Luke Cage (Mike Colter) were canned, and both rather abruptly: Netflix declined to give a reason when announcing the shows had been axed, saying only in joint statements that Fist and Cage would not be renewed for third seasons.

Language in the Iron Fist cancellation statement, released jointly through Disney and Netflix, hinted Iron Fist would return — just not on the Netflix platform.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” the statement read. “While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”

Suggestive posts by each series’ social media accounts further hinted their respective heroes and heroines would resurface elsewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Iron Fist shared an image of Rand branded “immortal,” with a caption reading “the story is never over,” while Cage shared an image of its bulletproof superhero with a message reading “always forward.”

A subsequent report from Entertainment Weekly confirmed Iron Fist will continue to appear in the Marvel universe, trailing a statement from Jones published on social media that noted “with every end is a new beginning.”

Shortly after Cage was cancelled Friday, Finn shared a message of solidarity on Instagram, sparking Heroes for Hire speculations when he shared an image depicting the combined might of Rand and Cage’s fists.

Because Disney has halted future dealings with Netflix beyond its original contract and is launching its own streaming service in 2019, which will be home to big-budget Marvel television series centered around Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), some suspected it was Disney who was responsible for the cancellations.

Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos clarified such decisions lie solely with Netflix and that “those shows are for us to cancel.”

That comment echoed what Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb told EW in September when fielding questions about a second run of crossover limited series The Defenders, where he explained green lights and cancellations for Marvel TV falls on the networks — in this instance, Netflix.

“Unlike the movie studio, which can announce a Captain Marvel movie will be out in 2019, the television studio will always be beholden to our networks,” Loeb said. “And so if our networks want another season of Iron Fist, we’re ready to go.”

Cage showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker and his writers were already developing a third season before the plug was pulled Friday. Season Three would have seen Cage acting as the new sheriff-slash-king of Harlem and navigating the hefty and sudden responsibility of absolute power.

A potential Heroes for Hire series could team Cage and Rand with fan-favorites Misty Knight (Simone Missick) and Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick), as some fans have called for a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff.

“It’s something that’s in the air,” Coker told Empire’s Pilot TV in April on a potential joint series starring the two heroes, who first teamed up in The Defenders before joining forces again in Cage Season Two.

“Internally at Marvel Television, everybody knows there’s a part of that combination that is inevitable, particularly when you watch them together in the way that we did it. If feels right. It feels good. It feels like, ‘I want to see more of this combination. Heroes for Hire is really not off the table.’”

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm enjoying the new Nathan Fillion series Rookie on ABC.

Country
    Country Flag

Sabrina is perfect Halloween watching and Season 2 (or Part 2) is coming!

Country
    Country Flag

And I'm enjoying Sabrina so much, once I'm done with it I'll be going back to Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the sitcom from the '90s. All seven seasons are up on Hulu and Prime. I used to watch it on and off (TGIF) but never the whole series.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Overall it wasn't bad and I enjoyed the show (not for kids for sure) so I liked the adult theme. Loved it? No, but I'm glad I watched it.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Daredevil season 3. Well, I feel like it was a season 1 type of season with all the back stories. I don't want to give anything away, but I wasn't much of a fan and I feel the series has regressed from such amazing seasons 1 and 2.

I heard Luke Cage was cancelled. I couldn't get through it after 3 episodes so it is of no loss to me.

I also heard Iron Fist was cancelled. First season sucked, and the second season was actually pretty good. However, I didn't like certain things that were progressing towards the end with the "iron fist" itself so to speak. So I am kind of glad this is gone as well. I felt the show shows that you don't have to work hard to achieve something. Kind of like what the younger generation expects from real life these days.
    I'm a little late to this party, but I've gotta disagree about Daredevil season 3. I thought it was leaps and bounds ahead of season 2 by far. It felt much more like season 1. While I liked season 2 it felt really disjointed, probably because it was trying to tell 2 different stories.

Season 1 of Luke Cage was kinda weak, same thing with season 1 of Iron Fist, but I felt like both of their 2nd seasons were much better than their first seasons. I feel like Luke Cage and Iron First being canceled is really just a ruse for the two shows combining to become a "Heroes for Hire" show. That said there's also rumors they are all gonna get canned so that they can put all of these properties under Disney's new streaming service.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The Bodyguard on Netflix is really tense -- terrorism in the UK, with a little romance thrown in.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

I'm a little late to this party, but I've gotta disagree about Daredevil season 3. I thought it was leaps and bounds ahead of season 2 by far. It felt much more like season 1. While I liked season 2 it felt really disjointed, probably because it was trying to tell 2 different stories.

Season 1 of Luke Cage was kinda weak, same thing with season 1 of Iron Fist, but I felt like both of their 2nd seasons were much better than their first seasons. I feel like Luke Cage and Iron First being canceled is really just a ruse for the two shows combining to become a "Heroes for Hire" show. That said there's also rumors they are all gonna get canned so that they can put all of these properties under Disney's new streaming service.
    I’m terribly biased bc I’ve been a daredevil fan for decades at this point, but I loved all 3 seasons of DD. I thought S3 was great; Special Agent Nadeem’s arc was a great spine (I’m sure that actors agent has been busy as hell since S3 dropped)

Of course it’s prob dead show walking at this point with all the Netflix casualties of late..

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post

Of course it’s prob dead show walking at this point with all the Netflix casualties of late..
    Yea I think this is really hard to say though. Iron Fist and Luke Cage are definitely the weakest of the lot and if any of them were going to be canceled it was those two. But I really wouldn't be shocked if they are just getting a combined show. Then again as I said earlier they may be canning them all for new shows on Disney's streaming platform.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yea I think this is really hard to say though. Iron Fist and Luke Cage are definitely the weakest of the lot and if any of them were going to be canceled it was those two. But I really wouldn't be shocked if they are just getting a combined show. Then again as I said earlier they may be canning them all for new shows on Disney's streaming platform.
    Right there with you - would love DDs3 and a combined show. Just do NOT call the combined show the defenders season 2

Right there with you - would love DDs3 and a combined show. Just do NOT call the combined show the defenders season 2
    Yea I kinda doubt we're getting another Defenders season. I'd be in for more Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Punisher though for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey danhocker apparently DDs3 viewing was down 57% during its first week compared to S2. Prob not a good sign although they released it same time as Haunting of Hill House and other Halloween content. I’m gonna blame marketing bc S3 was awesome imo

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I've seen a single person discuss Jessic Jones S2 - was that any good?

I'm slowly making my way through the Marvel shows. I have JJs1 and DDs1 under my belt.

Not even going to bother with Iron Fist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 188 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast