Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 188 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm not sure if I talked about this show much last year, but it was one of my favorite shows of the year. That show is Timeless. It's easily one of the better network shows on TV. I beg you to watch it if you like time travel stuff.

The show actually got cancelled, but the outcry was so loud, they brought it back. I'm telling you, the show is a lot of fun.
    The period settings are cool, and it is fun, but it's very much a procedural at its roots. It could do a lot more with its plot, but it seems content to hang out where it is.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm not sure if I talked about this show much last year, but it was one of my favorite shows of the year. That show is Timeless. It's easily one of the better network shows on TV. I beg you to watch it if you like time travel stuff.

The show actually got cancelled, but the outcry was so loud, they brought it back. I'm telling you, the show is a lot of fun.
    The period settings are cool, and it is fun, but it's very much a procedural at its roots. It could do a lot more with its plot, but it seems content to hang out where it is.
    That's true, but at least it's not a fire show, cop show, doctor show or a lawyer show. Sure, each week deals with a certain task, but that doesn't bother me. It works just like A-Team and MacGyver did back in the day.

I think there is just enough mythos weaved in to keep things interesting. Like you said, the period settings are cool and the characters are fun.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's true, but at least it's not a fire show, cop show,
    doctor show or a lawyer show
    Amen to that.

I just wish there was a little more mythology sprinkled into each episode. There's still a lot about Rittenhouse (and the results of the team continuously altering time) we don't know. I haven't seen the season 2 premiere yet, but planning on it soon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    And I'm definitely there for this one:
    Collateral is EXCELLENT -- only four episodes, but extremely well done.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you mentioned this. I just discovered this show on the app I use to keep track of the shows I watch. It popped up as a suggestion and I added it to my later queue. I love Mulligan too.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you have the DirecTV Audience network (home of Mr. Mercedes), one of my favorite shows is coming back March 20. This is such a good show and if it was on Netflix or something, it would be huge. The acting is great and it's really touching and hilarious:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have to find Mr. Mercedes somewhere. It's a shame shows have to be held hostage by DirectTV. I'm not sure about that business plan, but I suppose Netflix is doing the same thing. Although, the difference is we can now watch Netflix on other platforms.

I'd love to see stats on some of their original shows to see if people are watching. I've never even heard of You Me Her and it's in its third season.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm loving Channel Zero!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still have to find Mr. Mercedes somewhere. It's a shame shows have to be held hostage by DirectTV. I'm not sure about that business plan, but I suppose Netflix is doing the same thing. Although, the difference is we can now watch Netflix on other platforms.

I'd love to see stats on some of their original shows to see if people are watching. I've never even heard of You Me Her and it's in its third season.
    They do have some sort of a streaming package deal, like HBO Go, I believe. And You Me Her is pretty brilliant and I hope it goes on for a few more seasons. I caught an episode just randomly flipping channels and then binged the first season on-demand. The second season was even better. Can’t wait till the 20th!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Almost finished season 1 of Witnesses (Les Temoins) on Netflix -- good, creepy French crime drama. The opening mis-en-scene takes place at a model home where three bodies are posed like a family, all recently dug up corpses.

Country
    Country Flag

If they don't release Mr. Mercedes on DVD, I'm going to flip out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

If they don't release Mr. Mercedes on DVD, I'm going to flip out.
    You and me both. Is it terrible of me that I'm thinking of just binging Mr. Mercedes on Easter Sunday over my Uncle's house?

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

They do have some sort of a streaming package deal, like HBO Go, I believe. And You Me Her is pretty brilliant and I hope it goes on for a few more seasons. I caught an episode just randomly flipping channels and then binged the first season on-demand. The second season was even better. Can’t wait till the 20th!
    I may have to look into that at some point.

Country
    Country Flag

This makes me so happy. This is one of those under the radar gems on Netflix. Such a beautiful series. There was a really nice piece written just recently about it: http://variety.com/2018/tv/columns/o...ee-1202729267/

Cannot wait!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post

I may have to look into that at some point.
    If you need more prompting, check this out. These three are just so cute together:

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'm loving Channel Zero!
    Which season? I enjoyed season 1 and 2. Season 3 sucked!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm loving Channel Zero!
    I loved Season 1, haven't seen season 2 yet but I really liked Season 3. What made it sucky too you?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Rosanne re-boot starts tonight.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mae, you're going to hate me, but my mom made me watch an episode of One Day at a Time (the one where the mother and son go to the movies and they sneak stuff in) and I was actually pretty annoyed by the show. The daughter was especially annoying. I thought she was a little over the top with her acting. The whole show in general just seemed cheesy. I know that's part of it, but it just wasn't my thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it’s certainly a classic sitcom in that sense. But it deals with so many issues, important stuff of today like veterans, mental health, immigration, queer issues, and just regular old boring family stuff. The end of the first season made me cry a river of tears during the daughter’s official coming out. And it’s been an emotional series throughout. But yes, with lots of silly sitcomey premises. Still, it’s such a easy watch, and with a great message of love and acceptance.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I'm loving Channel Zero!
    I loved Season 1, haven't seen season 2 yet but I really liked Season 3. What made it sucky too you?
    I felt the story was all over the place and I didn't like one single character, or the story line either. I don't even remember the ending.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give The Crossing a chance. Have always loved Steve Zahn.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I'll give The Crossing a chance. Have always loved Steve Zahn.
    It was decent. It has a Leftovers vibe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 188 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast