Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 188 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Wow, a She-Ra reboot is coming to, you guessed it, Netflix:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...he-ra-and-more
    She-Ra
    From Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona) comes a modern take on the ‘80s girl power icon for a new generation of young fans. The trailblazing property originally debuted in 1985 to satisfy overwhelming demand for a female lead fantasy series. With Stevenson’s unique voice at the helm, fans are in store for an epic and timely tale that celebrates female friendship and empowerment, lead by a warrior princess tailor made for today. The series will be available to Netflix members worldwide in 2018.
    I'm assuming it will be animated? I wonder if this means they will eventually re-boot He-Man as well? I'm surprised they haven't yet since they've re-booted or continued on with damn near every other franchise from the 80's/90's. GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, etc...

I still have all my He-Man & She-Ra figures. I haven't actually looked at them in years, but I know where they are.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Wow, a She-Ra reboot is coming to, you guessed it, Netflix:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...he-ra-and-more
    She-Ra
    From Eisner Award-winning author and executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona) comes a modern take on the ‘80s girl power icon for a new generation of young fans. The trailblazing property originally debuted in 1985 to satisfy overwhelming demand for a female lead fantasy series. With Stevenson’s unique voice at the helm, fans are in store for an epic and timely tale that celebrates female friendship and empowerment, lead by a warrior princess tailor made for today. The series will be available to Netflix members worldwide in 2018.
    I'm assuming it will be animated? I wonder if this means they will eventually re-boot He-Man as well? I'm surprised they haven't yet since they've re-booted or continued on with damn near every other franchise from the 80's/90's. GI Joe, Transformers, TMNT, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, etc...

I still have all my He-Man & She-Ra figures. I haven't actually looked at them in years, but I know where they are.
    I collect Hallmark Ornaments and some are pretty pricey.. He-Man is the most I ever paid. His is about a $100US. There are Comic Con ones that are near a Grand or more.. but for a regular one.. its him. MY FAV show growing uP!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I watched the second part of Season 3 of Fuller House over Christmas (binging is not the right word since it's so short and quick). I have to say, even though I saw that final scene coming a mile away, it still was able to make me tear up. It's actually pretty incredible how the nostalgia factor has long worn off and it's just really fun and sweet watching these characters do their own thing. The show is incredibly sweet and easy to watch and everyone does a great job. I think some critics didn't like the whole nostalgia thing at the beginning and said it's for fans only, but I would disagree. It's its own thing now, though obviously the characters are still rooted in the past. But the writing is good as is the acting. And darn it, it's just so damn adorable!

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! The first season was surprisingly great and emotional:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody seen the show Happy on SyFy? It looks interesting.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen the first two episodes of Happy. While interesting, its hard to decipher what type of show it wants to be. It has brutal deaths, yet stupid-funny cartoon jokes. Its alright, better than I expected so far.

Marvel's Runaways is FANTASTIC so far, there's one more episode in the season. There isn't one thing I don't love about this show, lol.

SWAT is better than I expected, hovering around a 3.5 out of 5 average rating. Good action, teamwork, etc.

911 just started, and this show is on the fence. The situations and action are fantastic (including the edge-of-your-seat baby in a pipe first episode scene) but every line of dialogue (including narration) is horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I hate to say it, but I was not happy with the season 11 premiere of The X Files. I wish they had jumped off the season with a fun, monster-of-the-week episode instead of the conspiracy episode that felt like it went overboard with the drama and suspense.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I've seen the first two episodes of Happy. While interesting, its hard to decipher what type of show it wants to be. It has brutal deaths, yet stupid-funny cartoon jokes. Its alright, better than I expected so far.
    That's kind of what I gather from the commercials. I will give it a shot at some point.

Anybody catch Counterpart yet? The premise seems interesting.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

My wife and I DVR'd the first half of S1 of The Good Doctor. We just watched the last episode yesterday. Just in time to catch up with the new episodes starting tonight.

I've heard the reviews on the show have been pretty good. We went into it not know much more than it was about a doctor that has autism.

We have a nephew that is autistic and non-verbal. He is in his teens. We also have a foster daughter that is on the spectrum but a bit higher functioning. She's 21 now, graduated high school but has never held a job. She lives with her mom and her mom's boyfriend now.

It was interesting to see how they portrayed Shaun compared to our real-life experiences. Most of it seemed to be pretty accurate. The rigid schedule. The not liking to be touched. The problem reading social cues and interacting with others.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    SWAT is better than I expected, hovering around a 3.5 out of 5 average rating.
    Update, now nine episodes in. Strong 4.25 average rating. I love this show.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I started watching "Bosch" on Amazon. Better then I expected. Think of it as a 10 episode detective story, and there are 3 seasons. I feel season 2 was the best by far.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I keep seeing this the trailer for Altered Carbon and I can't help but think that there's no way the show is going to be good. It seems too good to be true. Netflix has been on too good of a roll recently. Law of averages says they are going to miss on one of these.

I'm probably just trying to lower my expectations, but the logic is sound.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

High concept sci-fi is very difficult to pull off on TV. Shows like Altered Carbon are always at war with themselves, trying to balance the intricacies of the complex story with the necessary tropes of the medium what keeps the mythical 'average viewer' engaged over long periods.

I'll give it a shot because of my rigid loyalty to anything sci-fi, but I too am keeping my expectations grounded.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Brosephs, I have high expectations for Altered Carbon, let's not jynx it. The Expanse blew me away; I'm hoping for a repeat experience.

Netflix has been killing it with their exclusives.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Brosephs, I have high expectations for Altered Carbon, let's not jynx it. The Expanse blew me away; I'm hoping for a repeat experience.

I hope you're right! In Netflix we trust!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Oh my goodness, me too. Altered Carbon looks awesome. *crosses fingers*
    Wraine of Pints N Quarters Gaming!

Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...g3rAGIp615zLtA

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

"Hand of God" with Ron Pearlman. Not that bad of a show. About a judge losing his mind, a bit, and a suicide mystery behind his son's death.

"Altered Carbon" overall I enjoyed it. Ortega I absolutely loved her. However, the last 2 episodes felt like filler and the way I was hoping the ending would happen did not transpire. I personally didn't like the ending at all. Kind of ruin it for me.

"Absentia" was interesting as I love serial killer stories. Overall not bad but I felt it dragged.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

And if anyone was curious, Arrow and The Flash are now, unwatchable. Or have been for some time.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't disagree about the ending of Altered Carbon. I can't put my finger exactly on why it felt "off" except that they tried to cram too much story in one season. Still, I had a good time watching it and hopefully it'll get renewed for season two.

I also finished Mr. Robot S1 and that was just great. Tried watching Penny Dreadful and tapped out roughly 64 seconds into episode 2. I'm struggling with Black Lightning. My review of the show on a different forum is this: haha, Black Lightning's costume. Nuff said.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do yourself a favor and stick with Penny Dreadful. The beginning of S1 is definitely on the slower, world-building side, but if you get to the end of the second episode (which is great and has a great ending) and still don't like it, then I give you permission to give up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Well, then. I'll get it from the library next week and I'll give it another go.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stick with Penny Dreadful. The beginning of S1 is definitely on the slower, world-building side, but if you get to the end of the second episode (which is great and has a great ending) and still don't like it, then I give you permission to give up.
    You cannot quit on "Penny Dreadful!" You can't! I bought the blu ray, watched it, caressed it, loved it again, and will be disappointed still on 3 seasons and no more .

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

3 episodes into Altered Carbon.

I'm enjoying it so far, but man there is a lot of world building taking place inside these first few episodes. So much terminology and high concept, I'm actually surprised the show hasn't buckled under the weight of its own ambition at this point.

I was a little wary at the notion of having Joel Kinnaman in the lead (he's not exactly a nuanced actor), but he's played the menacing, down trodden gun-for-hire remarkably well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 188 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast