Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Good points Harrald. Another way they keep the budgets down for these so-caleld "reality" shows is that they don't have to pay writers. A friend of mine lives in L.A. (where he went to try to make it as a writer). He's been working as a "story editor" for some of these shows, which basically entails sitting through hours of raw footage trying to find something to cull together into some kind of story. I make fun of him endlessly for this.

The only "reality" tv I watch is sports.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it works out for your friend. This trend of reality TV will come to an end some day. I hope it's in my lifetime. At least my son has decided this isn't the business for him.
    Insert witty comment here.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well I will admit to watching some reality shows, but I don't think we need 20 seasons of Survivor or Real World (does anyone still watch these anymore), or all the 1000s of dating ones that are on air. The premises for most of these shows is just ridiculous, and they just keep getting worse and worse. What upsets me is that they'll take off a worthy show, and put on some crap show instead that won't last longer than a year.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrald View Post
    I hope it works out for your friend.
    It probably won't, at least as far as being an actual writer since he's working so much that he's no longer doing any actual writing. It's a shame since I think he's actually a very good comedy writer. Way back when he used to write for the John Stewart Show (not The Daily Show, the original John Stewart Show on MTV).

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, I have some bad news. You might want to sit down for this. I'm not sure why you would be surfing the net standing up, but 'ya never know.

Anyway, you may have heard, ABC canceled Pushing Daises. RIP Pushing Daises. I truly original show that was taken from before its time.

I will also say that I watch certain reality shows. I think The Amazing Race is far above most of the other reality shows on TV. I actually consider it more of a game show.

I also love Top Chef and I think it's a shame that it gets lumped in with a lot of the other garbage out there.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Heather, I have some bad news. You might want to sit down for this. I'm not sure why you would be surfing the net standing up, but 'ya never know.

Anyway, you may have heard, ABC canceled Pushing Daises. RIP Pushing Daises. I truly original show that was taken from before its time.
    I know, I heard.
    I'm really going to miss that show. I actually had my doubts that it was going to come back this year after only being a half season last year with the writers strike, plus being a brand new show. But it somehow survived that, so I figured it had a big enough following that it would continue to go on. Then just this past week I heard it was in trouble of possibly being canceled and then a day or two later it became official.
    I really wish they would try to give newer shows a shot, and give them a chance to build up a good following. I'm not sure how bad the ratings were, but I didn't think they were that low. However I could be wrong about that.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just broke down and bought seasons 1 & 2 of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, because it's been on my queue forever with a "long wait."

hilarious. i love it. now i have to buy season 3.

One of my favorite quotes so far.

Charlie: You got the script that I wrote? Grab the script.
    Dennis: I've been meaning to speak to you about this. I can't read these words. They're not in the right order.
    Charlie: It's good.
    Dennis: I think you might be dyslexic, bro. I'm not reading this.
    Charlie: No, no. Please. Read it.
    Dennis: I think you might be dyslexic.
    Charlie: Read the script once.
    Dennis: Okay. You want me to read the script?
    Charlie: Yes.
    Dennis: All right.
    Charlie: And action!
    Dennis Reynolds: I'll read the words you wrote. "Hellow, fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power! Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I am hot? What? Taxes. They'll be lower... son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadelphia. So do." This doesn't make any sense!
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I just broke down and bought seasons 1 & 2 of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, because it's been on my queue forever with a "long wait."

Welcome to the club Hannah!
    My wife and I think it's hands-down the funniest show currently on television.

Season 3 is awesome and well worth purchasing, and season 4 (the one now showing on FX is freakin' hilarious). It'll be staying recorded on my DVR until it comes out on dvd.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I think I'm going to put season 3 on my list for Santa.

Now, I just have to get cable w/ FX so I can watch season 4...
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yay! Hannah's joined the /sunny cult. FTR my favorite was when Charlie got drunk and tried to referee the JV basketball game. I almost broke my chair I was laughing so hard.

Did anyone catch The Shield series finale? It was perfect for such a dark show.

And Sons Of Anarchy is going to be the next breakout hit for FX. It's a redneck version of The Sopranos. Almost every episode makes me want to go to our Harley dealership and play "let's make a deal" LOL
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an outrage on par with Freaks & Geeks, Off Centre, and Undeclared.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/idolchatte...ncelled-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

I hear you! I'm still shocked they would let such a good show like this disappear. I'm just hoping that they at least show the remaining episodes that were filmed.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I hear you! I'm still shocked they would let such a good show like this disappear. I'm just hoping that they at least show the remaining episodes that were filmed.
    That's what they're planning on doing. At least, according to that blog.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

One of my favorite quotes so far.

Charlie: You got the script that I wrote? Grab the script.
    Dennis: I've been meaning to speak to you about this. I can't read these words. They're not in the right order.
    Charlie: It's good.
    Dennis: I think you might be dyslexic, bro. I'm not reading this.
    Charlie: No, no. Please. Read it.
    Dennis: I think you might be dyslexic.
    Charlie: Read the script once.
    Dennis: Okay. You want me to read the script?
    Charlie: Yes.
    Dennis: All right.
    Charlie: And action!
    Dennis Reynolds: I'll read the words you wrote. "Hellow, fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power! Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I am hot? What? Taxes. They'll be lower... son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadelphia. So do." This doesn't make any sense!

Hellz yeah!! I love this show and Charlie is f'n hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

That's what they're planning on doing. At least, according to that blog.
    So it sounds like from the article they're going to wait to air the final episodes until springtime? If that's true, I'm not really thrilled about it, I'd rather they just show them now, but I guess on the bright side we'll at least be getting to see them.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

At least they're going to be on DVD.

I saw copies for the first season in the Barnes & Noble near Columbus Circle a few weeks ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Favorite current TV shows would be The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. Both hilarious shows.

Of all time would be Freaks and Geeks and Spaced.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I love Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is fucking awesome. One of my favorite T.V. characters in a really long time.

"Worst Renaissance Fair Ever!"

Sheldon is hilarious! Not only is his delivery of lines performed so well, it's his body language as well. And I love that he wears comic book t-shirts. The sci-fi and comic referneces always make me happy to be a geek.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Sheldon is the best!
    And I love Howard, too! He's so smooth.

How I Met Your Mother is really funny, too.
    Barney and Marshall are absolutely hilarious.

That's awesome!
    I got them for Christmas this year, so I'm super happy, too.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

We finished season 3 of It's Always Sunny....

It was definitely funny but I didn't laugh as much as I did with the first two seasons.

We also wrapped up the first two seasons of 30 Rock, which I loved.
    Kenneth and Jack are my favorites.
    Kenneth: Oh no Sir, I don't vote Republican or Democrat. Choosing is a sin, so I always just write in the Lord's name.
    Jack: That's Republican. We count those.

And I know it's juvenile and immature and there's not really anything smart about it...there are even comments about it being scripted but I got two seasons of Kenny VS Spenny and I love that show.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Quote Originally Posted by idk, my bff jill? View Post
    Sheldon is the best!
    And I love Howard, too! He's so smooth. :smoke:

How I Met Your Mother is really funny, too.
    Barney and Marshall are absolutely hilarious.

Barney cracks me up. NPH is very good in that show.

Howard is great, they did excellent casting for the 4 guys in The Big Bang Theory. They play off each other very well.

So what has happened to Pushing Daisies? I'm anxiously awaiting the final couple of episodes. I tuned in last week, but it wasn't on, and I just check for tonight and it's still not on. And now I'm hearing rumors that they might not air until summertime if they even air at all!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got my hands on Lost Season 2!

Traveler college_ewok is on a distinguished road college_ewok's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love ER and 24 and Greys Anatomy and House and Jon an Kate Plus 8, Monk and Psych and that wierd show about the pregnant teenager. It is really dumb but I cant stop watching it, I want to find out what happens.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast