Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Very excited for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't this comparable to "the boy" 2016?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's about time they made a film about me.
    Ahhahaha its a tv show man

I guess I will have to continue to wait on the movie then.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...10s/full-post/
    Let’s consider, for a moment, Jesse Pinkman. The 2010s saw a whole new era of television ushered in, a swell in programming so immense it’s difficult to comprehend. Want to feel old? FX’s John Landgraf coined the phrase “Peak TV” in 2015, when the total number of scripted shows on television was a whopping 422. Quaint, isn’t it? Now we’re not only up by dozens and dozens of series, but multiple new networks—two new streaming services in this month alone—and there’s no end in sight. And in there was Jesse Pinkman, the “yeah, bitch” guy. A walking GIF factory.

He was always more than that, of course. As played by Aaron Paul, Jesse sums up the best of what this decade of television has to offer, a messy, contradictory human being who was “Yeah, bitch! Magnets!” one moment and a guy playing peekabo with the criminally neglected child of two meth addicts the next. He got his ending, and a bonus besides, rounding out the decade with the Breaking Bad coda El Camino, arriving not on AMC but on Netflix. A genre-, emotion-, and network-jumping force. A great character in a great series, a meme and a marvel. Not every excellent character, nor show, in the 2010s found an audience, but viewers had more terrific options than they’d ever had before, and sometimes all it took was one big moment—one “yeah bitch,” one ATM to the face—to break through.

These 100 shows did, in spite of all the noise. They are daring and familiar, polished and wild. Some began before the decade did—our rule of thumb, for the curious, was that a series had to air at least half its episodes after January 1, 2010—while others are just getting started. But all caught our attention, not just for one GIF, but for hours of challenging viewing, enjoyable escape, or both. We’ve not yet seen Peak TV’s peak, and yeah, we’re overwhelmed and exhausted—but we’re grateful for all the incredible art, all the same. Dasvidaniya, 2010s—and thanks for the memories, Jesse.

100. Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Starz)
    99. The Kroll Show (Comedy Central)
    98. Dark (Netflix)
    97. This Is Us (NBC)
    96. The Great British Bake Off (BBC/PBS)
    95. Review (Comedy Central)
    94. American Vandal (Netflix)
    93. The Bridge (FX)
    92. One Day at a Time (Netflix)
    91. Insecure (HBO)
    90. GLOW (Netflix)
    89. The Walking Dead (AMC)
    88. Burning Love (Yahoo)
    87. The Good Fight (CBS All Access)
    86. Westworld (HBO)
    85. Narcos (Netflix)
    84. Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown (CNN)
    83. Schitt’s Creek (Pop)
    82. Broadchurch (BBC)
    81. Jane the Virgin (CW)
    80. On Cinema at the Cinema (Adult Swim)
    79. Vida (Starz)
    78. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee (TBS)
    77. Superstore (NBC)
    76. Sense 8 (Netflix)
    75. The Night Of (HBO)
    74. Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
    73. The Jinx (HBO)
    72. American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace (FX)
    71. Master of None (Netflix)
    70. Luther (BBC)
    69. Barry (HBO)
    68. The Eric Andre Show (Adult Swim)
    67. The Knick (Cinemax)
    66. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX)
    65. Terriers (FX)
    64. Difficult People (Hulu)
    63. Pose (FX)
    62. Killing Eve (BBC/Amazon)
    61. American Horror Story: Asylum (FX)
    60. Big Little Lies (HBO)
    59. Queer Eye (OWN)
    58. Better Things (FX)
    57. Happy Endings (ABC)
    56. Russian Doll (Netflix)
    55. You’re the Worst (FX)
    54. Orange Is the New Black (Netflix)
    53. Rectify (Sundance)
    52. Show Me a Hero (HBO)
    51. Jessica Jones (Netflix)
    50. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)
    49. I Think You Should Leave (Netflix)
    48. Last Week Tonight (HBO)
    47. Rick and Morty (Adult Swim)
    46. Ru Paul’s Drag Race (VH1)
    45. Mindhunter (Netflix)
    44. Orphan Black (BBC)
    43. Adventure Time (Cartoon Network)
    42. Eastbound and Down (HBO)
    41. Downton Abbey (BBC/PBS)
    40. Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon)
    39. Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
    38. New Girl (FOX)
    37. The Crown (BBC/Netflix)
    36. Enlightened (HBO)
    35. 11.22.63 (Hulu)
    34. True Detective (HBO)
    33. The Good Place (NBC)
    32. Chernobyl (HBO)
    31. Documentary Now (IFC)
    30. Girls (HBO)
    29. Better Call Saul (AMC)
    28. Parks and Recreation (NBC)
    27. American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson (FX)
    26. Bojack Horseman (Netflix)
    25. Black Mirror (BBC/Netflix)
    24. Broad City (Comedy Central)
    23. Game of Thrones (HBO)
    22. Community (NBC)
    21. Fargo (FX)
    20. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)
    19. Making a Murderer (Netflix)
    18. Bob’s Burgers (FOX)
    17. When They See Us (Netflix)
    16. Succession (HBO)
    15. Hannibal (NBC)
    14. Key and Peele (Comedy Central)
    13. Justified (FX)
    12. Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
    11. The Leftovers (HBO)
    10. Halt and Catch Fire (AMC)
    9. Atlanta (FX)
    8. Veep (HBO)
    7. Twin Peaks (Showtime)
    6. Fleabag (BBC/Amazon)
    5. Stranger Things (Netflix)
    4. Nathan For You (Comedy Central)
    3. Mad Men (AMC)
    2. Breaking Bad (AMC)
    1. The Americans (FX)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Americans better than Breaking Bad? Bullshit.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Americans better than Breaking Bad? Bullshit.
    I know eh? WTF is that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely. By a mile. It's possibly one of the best series of all time.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is this one of those times where you're talking out of your butt

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I was legit irate, but then I realized this was a joke list. Bob's Burgers better than Black Mirror, Game of Thrones, Fargo, Mindhunter? Lmao.

Westworld at 88 and Jessica Jones at 50 something. Sureeee broooooooo

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a chance. Its good but I gave up after the same thing every season. Breaking Bad? COULD NOT WAIT for each weeks episode.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Not a chance. Its good but I gave up after the same thing every season. Breaking Bad? COULD NOT WAIT for each weeks episode.
    I started Breaking Bad when season 3 was almost finishing. Everyone bitched at me, "this show is right up your alley." I finally started to watch it and no doubt became the second best show of all time for me, perhaps the best show of all time. Deadwood is still my favorite. Anyway, I couldn't wait for this show to air, and like The Office and Seinfeld, this show was talked about everywhere you went. Yes I truly enjoyed The Americans, but not in the top 10 for me. I will say I was surprised to see Hannibal up so high.....I did love this show.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Traveler Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac has a spectacular aura about Picklemaniac's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I could never really get into breaking bad, it might just be that I don't like stories about drugs? I mean the show is put together really well, but I couldn't help but fall asleep a few times. Does it get better after season 1?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    is this one of those times where you're talking out of your butt
    Talking out of butts?

Quote Originally Posted by Picklemaniac View Post
    Does it get better after season 1?
    Season 1 wasn't bad for me, but yes, I found it really got going in Season 2.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I could never really get into breaking bad, it might just be that I don't like stories about drugs? I mean the show is put together really well, but I couldn't help but fall asleep a few times. Does it get better after season 1?
    The show in general is constantly in an upward trajectory. Season 1 is Ok, but seasons 3-5 are God tier television.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone knows how much I love The Americans. I feel it's one of those shows that more people should be discovering.

That said, it's not better than Breaking Bad. It is most certainly in my top 10 though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Great news! I really enjoyed the first season and have been wanting more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I mean the show is put together really well, but I couldn't help but fall asleep a few times. Does it get better after season 1?
    Try cutting back on the Quaaludes or move a little further away from the chloroform factory.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Confused

Servant. Hulu popped out three episodes. I thought the acting was great, everything going on flowed well, and several wtf moments. I was very surprised how much I have enjoyed the show thus far. Also, M Night is not the writer or creator, I thought he was? Regardless, overall I like where this is going. The other cool thing is that Ron Weasley is alive and doing well !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Servant. Hulu popped out three episodes. I thought the acting was great, everything going on flowed well, and several wtf moments. I was very surprised how much I have enjoyed the show thus far. Also, M Night is not the writer or creator, I thought he was? Regardless, overall I like where this is going. The other cool thing is that Ron Weasley is alive and doing well !
    Agree. I also didn’t know that was Ron LOL

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Agree. I also didn’t know that was Ron LOL

I was looking at him, and he looked familiar. I was pretty sure but I had to look up the cast to verify it. I doubt any of those long standing characters from Harry Potter need to ever work again, but it is nice to see them not type casted and allegedly doing well.

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

So, Lost in Space Season 2 just dropped on Netflix. This was on my radar for a while, but then fell off it, so this was a complete surprise.

I have to say, despite mixed reviews, I liked Season 1 just fine. Family friendly, some smart ideas, and nice nods to the original 60s series while still being its own thing. Looking forward to slow-binge-watching Season 2.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    So, Lost in Space Season 2 just dropped on Netflix. This was on my radar for a while, but then fell off it, so this was a complete surprise.

I have to say, despite mixed reviews, I liked Season 1 just fine. Family friendly, some smart ideas, and nice nods to the original 60s series while still being its own thing. Looking forward to slow-binge-watching Season 2.

HBJ
    I didn't get into the first season at all. I did watch the second season with low expectations, and those low expectations were followed by more disappointment. Sorry, this reboot to me was a slow crawl to get to the main storyline.

My Mood
    Confused

Witcher
    I read the books, and no they are not completed, uh oh! There are seven of them though. The first season is a combination of two books that were short stories. The creator of the show wanted three main characters so we get that from Geralt, Ciri, and Yennifer. They all met different in the books, which isn't crucial to the show or the story. The show jumps around some with time lines, so if you never read the books you may get a little confused with how the episodes jump around some. Overall I felt the show was great. The singular fight scenes with Geralt were fantastic and better then most sword fighting sequences. The magic was abundant and very impressive. The cinematography was great as was the scenery. Sometimes the monster's cgi was a little off, but serviceable. Throw in an adult theme, adult vocabulary, nice character development, brutal fight scenes, and a lot of nudity and you have one hell of a ride. I was impressed.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

HBJ
    We're five episodes into season 2 and quite enjoying it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 188 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast