Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 188 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Yup, I've heard of them, I just never knew how they got to be famous. Now I know. They did a show over here some years ago, but I can't remember what it's called for the life of me.

EDIT: It was called "Wanna Bet?"
    Wow. I know sometimes you get us Brits presenting shows over there, including Anne Robinson in the Weakest Link, but I never thought Ant and Dec would get a show over there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fur-nan-doh View Post
    [delayed response]

Yay! Heather is watching The Office. I love that show.
    And yes, Dwight is hilarious. But Michael has the best one liners, I think. He's such a freaking idiot.
    Yes he definitely does I don't think I could ever function with a boss like that! And I love Jim's facial expressions, and how he always plays with Michael, and somehow he never even realizes it
    Just wait till you see Tim in the original, Heather. Tim's brilliant - his pranks on Gareth (original Dwight, btw) are so juvenile!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZXfBmwALBE"]YouTube - The Office (UK) - Tim Glues Gareths Phone[/ame]
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll always think of him as Ragetti though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Heather, have you seen the Deposition episode yet?
    I have!

"That's what she said"
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I gota say it again, Modern Family is really good.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have!

"That's what she said"
    How did I miss this?

What did Michael call Jan's boobs? The Girls? And when the guy asks him about it, he responds "they hang off me lady's chest."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I gota say it again, Modern Family is really good.
    You know, I've heard nothing but good things about that show but everytime I tell myself to watch it, I always forget.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post

Just wait till you see Tim in the original, Heather. Tim's brilliant - his pranks on Gareth (original Dwight, btw) are so juvenile!

YouTube - The Office (UK) - Tim Glues Gareths Phone

I honestly shouldn't have found that as funny as I did...but I am still laughing Why haven't I watched this version yet?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I do love the original so much. Martin Freeman is perfect as Tim, and his ongoing conflict with Gareth is always great to watch.

Another perfect example is when Tim and Gareth are given the puzzle to work out together during staff training day of how a farmer will take a fox, a chicken and a bag of grain across the river, when he can only go across with one at a time. The result? Tim and Gareth having another stupid argument:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDzTyOJSe-Y&feature=related"]YouTube - The Office: Tim & Gareth discussing the superchicken[/ame]

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay...adding those to my Netflix que....now

With this and Sherlock, I am beginning to love Martin Freeman more by the day...I can't wait for him in the Hobbit

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, you have no idea how much I've been looking forward to this. I've been a fan of him in the Office for years, and have thought he would be a perfect Bilbo (along with a million other internet users) for just as long. His face, his deadpan comic timing, his ability to play the kind of loser that everyone loves, he was just born to play Bilbo, I think. So glad the filmmakers clearly thought the same thing, going so far as to arrange a schedule for him so he could play two iconic characters at the same time! Brilliant!

- Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I have!

"That's what she said"
    How did I miss this?

What did Michael call Jan's boobs? The Girls? And when the guy asks him about it, he responds "they hang off me lady's chest."
    I f'n loved that line!

And this, from Dwight, is one of my favorite lines, EVER. :
    "Yeast infections... there are a huge number of yeast infections in this county. Probably because we're downriver... from that old bread factory."

Country
    Country Flag

I love that line. He's such a nut.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think what I loved the most was the look on his face when he said it. Like he just realized it.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Gareth

Thank you so much for those links ... going to watch The Office UK now !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't super huge on the original office nor the American version. I don't think either is particularily funny and I love dry humour. I preferred Extras.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Conan Obrien's new show starts tomorrow.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Oh, you have no idea how much I've been looking forward to this. I've been a fan of him in the Office for years, and have thought he would be a perfect Bilbo (along with a million other internet users) for just as long. His face, his deadpan comic timing, his ability to play the kind of loser that everyone loves, he was just born to play Bilbo, I think. So glad the filmmakers clearly thought the same thing, going so far as to arrange a schedule for him so he could play two iconic characters at the same time! Brilliant!
    Hey...I just started watching the BBC Robin Hood series. I like.
    Do you know when the new season of Dr Who starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Conan Obrien's new show starts tomorrow.
    They gave away 1,000 free t-shirts a day (10,000 total) but you had to get the code on twitter and everytime my stupid non smart phone would get the twitter message the t-shirts were way gone!
    His beard is looking kinda cool.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey...I just started watching the BBC Robin Hood series. I like.
    Do you know when the new season of Dr Who starts?
    I've never watched Robin Hood, apart from the first ep. I was a bit skeptical, but maybe i was just suffering from Doctor Who withdrawal at the time to pay attention to any other saturday tea-time drama. I'll have to give it and Merlin another chance.

And in answer to your question Mordred, the next xmas special of Doctor Who will be on xmas day in the uk, with the us showing hopefully not long after (the last one was broadcast the day after, actually), and the first half of the new series is expected to start sometime in either late march or early april. Apparently, they're going to film the first two eps in Utah! Interesting way to begin, i think!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Robin Hood is quite good! You should watch if, if only for the first season alone. It really does a good job of the classic story updated. Now, it's not updated as drastically as they did Sherlock, of course! It really just amounts to come anachronisms, but they really don't seem out of place.

It lags a bit in the second series and ends in a very strange way, in regards to the Robin Hood legend. I've yet to see the third series, but I get a feeling it didn't get much better from series 2. But series 1 is really good! I own the DVDs and I've probably watched it 3 times or so.

My Mood
    Amused

I'm half way through the first season of Robin Hood: BBC. I'm DVRing every Doctor Who episode on BBC America.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just stumbled on this Canadian series, Little Mosque on the Prairie. So cool! Why don't any US channels show Canadian shows? Why don't we get CBC? Ugh...

Wish I'd discovered it sooner. It should've been nominated in the BTVSAT.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm half way through the first season of Robin Hood: BBC. I'm DVRing every Doctor Who episode on BBC America.
    Excellent! The best aspect of the new series is that, especially with series 5, is that it strikes the perfect balance between having completely new and different stories almost every episode that can be enjoyed on their own and yet also having a really good, cleverly constructed arc each series, so catching any episode you can is what the new series was made for, really. With the Moffat era, it seems that he's now setting up an arc-within-an-arc after the number of questions the series 5 finale left unanswered. I can't wait for series 6 to begin!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Excellent! The best aspect of the new series is that, especially with series 5, is that it strikes the perfect balance between having completely new and different stories almost every episode that can be enjoyed on their own and yet also having a really good, cleverly constructed arc each series, so catching any episode you can is what the new series was made for, really. With the Moffat era, it seems that he's now setting up an arc-within-an-arc after the number of questions the series 5 finale left unanswered. I can't wait for series 6 to begin!

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

Oh man!! BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon all day yesterday. It was just season 5 (the last season correct?), but it was awesome. I just got done watching several episodes from the ninth doctor.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man!! BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon all day yesterday. It was just season 5 (the last season correct?), but it was awesome. I just got done watching several episodes from the ninth doctor. What has he been in recently?
    He was over on my island over the summer filming a new film
    and the 10th doctor was here at the same time filming A different film

My Mood
    Amused

I forgot he was the military guy in 28 days later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 188 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast