Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 188 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The thing is - when it started, for say, the first two or three seasons, Real World was actually a pretty good show. It wasn't the train wreck of self-centered-celebrity-hounds you see today.
    Agreed.

It seems now that many of them only go on the show as a hope to make some sort of career out of it afterward.

With the never-ending parade of reality shows made up of former reality show "celebrities", it actually works for many of them.

Just look at the Jersey Shore cast.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

Just look at the Jersey Shore cast.
    Um, no. I like you and all, and we are friends, but I'd not do that for anyone!

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmmm, looks like we'll be getting the Event much sooner over here than I thought: I saw an advert for it earlier on channel 4. I'm not expecting it to as great or as hard-hitting as This Is England '86 (another great bit of British drama to look out for), but it'll be nice to watch a show that can keep me entertained. Hopefully.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

A bunch of my friends are all talking about The Event ... but mostly they're talking about how it's slow in starting and they're not sure it's going to be worth the wait for it to really get going ....

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shield was a good show... In the very first episode you can see how fuck up this show was

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bunch of my friends are all talking about The Event ... but mostly they're talking about how it's slow in starting and they're not sure it's going to be worth the wait for it to really get going ....
    Are your friends' brains fried? I've seen the first 2 episodes and they've been anything but slow. I cannot wait until next week!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Gay

They were particularly bored with the first half of the first episode... like almost turned off the tv kind of bored.

What I'm hearing now is ... that they guess they'll stick with it, they guess, sorta, cause ... at least for a while.

Doesn't sound like a rave to me.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Are your friends' brains fried? I've seen the first 2 episodes and they've been anything but slow. I cannot wait until next week!
    So Ricky: is the Event the one show you're addicted to right now, then? Because if you can make room for one show every week, you can make room for another show to watch every week, but on netflix, am i right?

Seriously, i'm not gonna make any judgements on the Event until i watch it. It probably won't be as good as Lost, though.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it. In my opinion, it's the only good new fall show on right now. I'll have to see where it goes first before I promote it to "addiction" status.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If there really is not much on telly atm and a good ongoing mystery is what you want, just start watching the new series of Doctor Who from series one, ricky. You won't regret it. Whereas Blink was the perfect stand alone episode to watch, if you're interested in something that rewards ongoing viewing then all the new seasons are worth a look. Especially the first series. That had one tiny, subtle little story that went on throughout all 13 episodes that kept the media in this country guessing. There were a ton of news reports speculating what two words could mean, it was ridiculous.

What two words? You watch Series One (2005) with Christopher Eccleston, you'll notice them eventually. Just start watching one ep a week, you won't regret it (especially if The Event's the only good new show that's on right now and you need another show to speculate over)!

- Melike

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I didn't know Stephen King is on The Sons of Anarchy! I just started watching it (mainly because this is the first time I have cable and get the channel).

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to fight my husband for the remote on Monday nights because he likes to watch wrestling and The Event comes on at the same time....grrrrrr...he watches like maybe the 1st 15 minutes of the show and passes the remote to me....The first 15 minutes are the most important part of the show darn it...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have On Demand, mystima? That's how I watch The Event since it conflicts with other shows.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'm watching the first Episode of No Ordinary Family on Hulu right now because the second aired tonight and I forgot to dv-r the first. I am liking it quite a bit so far.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I have to fight my husband for the remote on Monday nights because he likes to watch wrestling and The Event comes on at the same time....grrrrrr...he watches like maybe the 1st 15 minutes of the show and passes the remote to me....The first 15 minutes are the most important part of the show darn it...lol
    Wrestling wins.

Only reason I'd watch the event is Blair Underwood is in it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Do you have On Demand, mystima? That's how I watch The Event since it conflicts with other shows.
    FYI : NBC tends to repeat their bigger shows on the weekends. The EVENT was repeated last week on Saturday night at 8pm.

I always catch L&O:SVU on Saturday nights at 10pm.

Be aware, though, that usually the shows repeated on Saturday are one week behind the regular day's broadcast.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am quite enjoying The Event now. I was annoyed with all the hype before it started and I did almost stop watching about the first half of the first episode with all the jumping back and forth (three hours ago...two days ago...today...four months ago...today...five years ago...etc...etc...etc...). Having got past that, at the end of the third episode I was yelling I WANT MORE NOW!!! Everyone just needs to stop hoping for "the next Lost" and they'll enjoy it much more.

Two sitcoms that seem promising are "Raising Hope" and "Outsourced". So far they've both gotten many belly laughs from my husband and me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I am quite enjoying The Event now. I was annoyed with all the hype before it started and I did almost stop watching about the first half of the first episode with all the jumping back and forth (three hours ago...two days ago...today...four months ago...today...five years ago...etc...etc...etc...). Having got past that, at the end of the third episode I was yelling I WANT MORE NOW!!! Everyone just needs to stop hoping for "the next Lost" and they'll enjoy it much more.

Two sitcoms that seem promising are "Raising Hope" and "Outsourced". So far they've both gotten many belly laughs from my husband and me.
    I agree, the comparisons to other shows may be a turn off for some people, but if you can get past that then it's really a good show. I watched episode 3 last night On Demand and the run time is usually off by a couple minutes so I wasn't expecting it to end when it did. The entire scene at the end
    Spoiler:
    with all the "victims" waking up was awesome and well as terrifying!
    Needless to say, I was shocked.

And I'm also really enjoying Outsourced, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Outsourced....I'm halfway on...the first episode was funny, but it really didn't hold my attention.

Okay, I got some Battlestar/Caprica questions. Is there still a Battlestar Galactica thread or a Caprica thread?

My Mood
    Gay

You know, I think I'm too pissed off about all the recent lay-offs to get on board with Outsourced.

This week, 35 employees on our HelpDesk are out of a job because the company outsourced our call center to India.

Yeah, not so funny.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess if it were that personal with me I'd probably not be as amused with Outsourced either. Well, I did lose an uncle to the Korean war but I still laughed at M*A*S*H.....had another uncle who was a POW in WWII but I loved Hogan's Heros....soooooo...I dunno.....

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I guess if it were that personal with me I'd probably not be as amused with Outsourced either. Well, I did lose an uncle to the Korean war but I still laughed at M*A*S*H.....had another uncle who was a POW in WWII but I loved Hogan's Heros....soooooo...I dunno.....
    Great analogy !!

I think it's just too close to my heart lately.

I've had a lot of friends get laid-off from their jobs in the last year or so.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Smackdown.

Just finished new episode of South Park. Was great.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Amused

ooohh...I gota check my dvr

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I have on demand...I also watch on Hulu what I miss if it has been a few days. that is how we found True Blood at first.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 188 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast