Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who knows. I will say I'm very interested to see what Hulu does with Castle Rock.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Irritating Emmy nominations. Are the shows that are always nominated (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black,) consistently great year after year? And Modern Family is nowhere near as funny as it once was.

And how the hell did Leslie Jones get a nomination for SNL? Are they just giving them away or what? And Barb from Stranger Things? I guarantee she wouldn't have been nominated if it hadn't been for the fan attention after
    Spoiler:
    she was killed off. She was barely in it and had zero memorable scenes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Irritating Emmy nominations. Are the shows that are always nominated (House of Cards, Orange is the New Black,) consistently great year after year? And Modern Family is nowhere near as funny as it once was.

And how the hell did Leslie Jones get a nomination for SNL? Are they just giving them away or what? And Barb from Stranger Things? I guarantee she wouldn't have been nominated if it hadn't been for the fan attention after
    Spoiler:
    I don't get it either. Orange is the New Black has completely regressed season after season. Season 5 was.....just bad.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Started (and finished) GLOW: Season 1 today. Ended up with a solid 3.4 rating (out of 5). Enjoyable throughout, with moments of brilliance.

And ... (finale spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    The moment Liberty Belle went to the top rope and did her slow motion standup extension, with the music and everything going on ... perfection.

Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoying Friends From College on Netflix. Funny stuff.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Hap and Leonard in a day. Very good stuff. It goes from belly laughter to physically uncomfortable all in five minutes. I can't wait for season five. Also, just finished The Twilight Zone season one. There was an episode with a writer's fictional character coming to life. That seems oddly familiar, no?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I thought I posted this but I must not have hit the post button.

Anyway, it took a few days for me to look at nominations. I must say that it's a travesty that Carrie Coon didn't get nominated for The Leftovers. Emmy needs to switch things up bad. I've been saying for a few years, but they are going to have to start breaking these categories up. There's just too many good shows out there to lump them all together.

There should be different categories for Network shows, Cable shows and Streaming shows. It's just not fair to mix them all together.

I don't watch House of Cards, but a lot of experts were saying it was a down year and didn't deserve to be nominated. I have a few friends who say the same thing. As for Veep, Emmy just loves JLD. I saw the first few episodes and had 1 or 2 light chuckles. I didn't find it funny at all.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=WeDealInLead;1068717]Finished Hap and Leonard in a day. Very good stuff. It goes from belly laughter to physically uncomfortable all in five minutes. I can't wait for season five.
    LET'S SEE.... THAT SHOULD AIR SOME TIME IN 2020.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how the heck that happened.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

IN THE MEANTIME....

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Mist is dreadful television. It makes Under the Dome look like quality TV.

There are so many King properties in the works that I'm getting a little worried about the quality control. I feel like there should be a few people that work on behalf of King that make sure they aren't fucking it up.
    I tried multiple times to watch The Mist. I'm guessing it doesn't get better than the first episode then? That first ep was horrible. Can't even believe they made it. I have the others still collecting on my dvr, but don't know that I'll give it another shot.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Barb got nominated?!? For what, best supporting actress? I haven't watched the Emmy's in years. You're right, it's just the same shows that get nominated year after year after year. Similar to the Oscars and constantly nominating the same actors regardless of what movie they're in.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

There are so many King properties in the works that I'm getting a little worried about the quality control. I feel like there should be a few people that work on behalf of King that make sure they aren't fucking it up.
    I tried multiple times to watch The Mist. I'm guessing it doesn't get better than the first episode then? That first ep was horrible. Can't even believe they made it. I have the others still collecting on my dvr, but don't know that I'll give it another shot.
    It's awful. I'm an episode behind, but I'm loathing the idea of watching the rest of the series.

As for the Emmys, they're way worse than the Oscars at this point. The Oscars mixes in different actors way more than the Emmys. I love JLD and Tambor, but nobody else has a shot every year. This seems to happen every so often. Before it was Cranston, whom I love, but it gets old.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It is not as bad as Under the Dome. I couldn't watch that and I can watch the Mist.
    agree with this. Under the Dome was a dogs breakfast. The Mist at least has some cool horror/sfx sequences.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was looking forward to Mr. Mercedes then I saw it was on a channel called Audience Network. I have hundreds of channels and I don't have it.
    It is an AT&T Owned channel. You have to have Direct TV to get it (just like the NFL Ticket)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast