Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 188 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Also I'm concerned that I haven't heard any updates lately about Season 2 of American Gods.
    March 10th: https://hiddenremote.com/2018/12/10/...ries-premiere/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just discovered this little gem on Netflix, Kim's Convenience, from Canada:

Highly recommended, the acting is great all around and super funny! Season 1 and 2 are on Netflix and Season 3 starts airing on CBC in January.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

You know a series is really good when the recap for last season makes you tear up. Alexa & Katie Season 2 is now on Netflix!

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone watch the Timeless finale/movie this week? Mike?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I received Season 1 of The Handmaid's Tale for Christmas and just watched a couple of episodes the other night. I think it's done pretty well so far, but my only real complaint is the random 80's songs thrown in at the end of each episode. Am I the only one who feels like the tone is off for that?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the book for Christmas last year. Hoping to get to it this year. The series does look good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I received Season 1 of The Handmaid's Tale for Christmas and just watched a couple of episodes the other night. I think it's done pretty well so far, but my only real complaint is the random 80's songs thrown in at the end of each episode. Am I the only one who feels like the tone is off for that?
    I don't remember lol. I enjoyed the first season, but really disliked the 2nd.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Anyone watch the Timeless finale/movie this week? Mike?
    Ummm, yeah! Twice actually and I still have it on my DVR.

I just love that show so much and I'm having trouble letting it go. I enjoyed the finale, but it didn't have the same Timeless feel. I like when they have to go back in time and help a famous person from history. Regardless, it was fun to watch. I'm still holding out hope this show gets saved by another network or streaming service. I think it would be perfect for Hulu. I'm not bashing it, but is Timeless any more expensive to produce than Future Man?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll miss it, too. Season 2 was a lot more enjoyable than Season 1, I thought (though I still would like some clarity on why Rittenhouse was trying to change history. Just so they could be more powerful and run...things?)

I also agree the wrap-up didn't have the same feel as the other episodes. I guess because they were in "wrapping up story threads" mode instead of just focusing on a single person or mission.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Trial and Error is canceled.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

TV life isn't fair. Fuck network TV. First Timeless and now this. I can honestly say Trial and Error was one of the funniest shows on TV.

I think this show would be perfect for a network like TBS. They have a decent stable of comedies. Although I watch them all, Trial and Error is funnier than Wrecked, Angie Tribeca, Guest Book and People of Earth (which got cancelled).
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. That along with The Good Place are the funniest comedies I watch (and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but that's on Netflix). Networks are constantly canceling good shows because of ratings, but they'll be the first ones scrambling when awards nominations are 100% shows on Netflix, cable, and other streaming services (and we're almost there).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    TV life isn't fair. Fuck network TV. First Timeless and now this. I can honestly say Trial and Error was one of the funniest shows on TV.

I think this show would be perfect for a network like TBS. They have a decent stable of comedies. Although I watch them all, Trial and Error is funnier than Wrecked, Angie Tribeca, Guest Book and People of Earth (which got cancelled).
    Your right. lol Networks should keep spending money on shows that only a few are watching. I hate when shows get cancelled I like too but Fuck Network TV? Come on man. Its a buisnessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Netflix subscribers - what do y'all think about the service upping it's fee by $1 or $2?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It is a business, but networks act as if the frequent cutting and replacing programs can yield a line-up in which every program has the strength of Friends, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc., when that just isn't possible.

What's a network to do? Maintain lesser rated shows that have demonstrated non-rating signs of quality (critical response, fan devotion etc.) and build a stable of programs that pull eyeballs under their own power to some real extent, especially if you're hunting anything original, edgy, buzzworthy, etc., because such things often take time to grow.

I wouldn't say "fuck network TV" so much as I would say network TV is already fucking itself by doing these things.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Netflix subscribers - what do y'all think about the service upping it's fee by $1 or $2?

Who cares? I spend $8 a day on coffee. If that helps get more bad ass shows... I AM IN. I would have take a $5 hit with a smile!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

"You" on Netflix. Overall a solid show about Joe, a stalker basically, and Beck, a woman who leaves all her online subscriptions public. Makes you think twice about what you share online.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 188 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast