Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia:

Dee: I had the craziest dream last night that I was in Cleveland, Ohio - which is really weird because I've never been to Ohio. And this guy was wearing a bunny suit, and he was coming out of...

Dennis: [interrupting her] You know what Dee, I don't want to hear about your dream, okay? I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care.
    It's been difficult waiting for the new season to start. The promos are making me miss it that much more.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Well, it seems they start advertising 6 months before the season begins.

Another one of my fav quotes.
    While trying to remove Charlie's cast from his leg.

Mac: You should go to a doctor.
    Charlie: Oh look at me! The millionaire who goes to see doctors!

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else going to check out "Sons Of Anarchy"? I was before and then I saw Ron Perlman was in it, so it's definite now.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia starts this week

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia starts this week
    Just set my DVR last night to record the whole season. Can't wait!

Country
    Country Flag

i completed the fifth season of Angel last week.. now i need to find the comics

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I've been watching this new (to America) show on BBC America (cuz they won't play any doctor who) called Primeval. I really like it. It has an interesting plot, fun characters. I think they only made the show for one reason though: the word "Anomaly" sounds really cool with a British accent.

Country
    Country Flag

i just bought the second season of Dexter on DVD

unfortunately I left everything but disc two in Nigel's room.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

hope ya enjoy it! i just finished watching the first episode of Season 3. I can't watch it Sunday nites, cuz my ma watches army wives
    what makes things worse, is that the show isn't half bad (Army wives, i mean)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm going to have to go rent those, I didn't realize it was out already.

Also Pushing Daisies starts this week!!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So did anyone watch Pushing Daisies last night? I love this show, and I'm so glad it's back!

i used to watch it, but after i missed a few episodes, i stopped watching a little before halloween of last year.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I would so be watching it this season...if my TV set got more than 3 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I would so be watching it this season...if my TV set got more than 3 channels.

Oh no! Go to abc.com and check it out, I'm pretty sure they've got it available on there to view. It was a pretty good episode, I'm sure you'd enjoy it. I think you're the only one I know that actually watches the show. I finally talked one of my friends into checking it out this past week and she really liked it so hopefully she'll continue to tune in. I think it's a pretty creative show, and visually stunning. It kinda reminds me of something Tim Burton would do.

Razz, I would recommend that you check it out again. They didn't have too many episodes last year because of the writers strike, so it didn't come back after the winter break. I have a feeling you didn't miss too many episodes. And the premiere episode this past week pretty much summed up all of the main points of what happened last season.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NBC canceled My Own Worst Enemy starring Christian Slater. I'm not sure if anybody here watched it. It wasn't too bad, although I thought it got confusing at times.

I'm a little surprised NBC gave it such a short leash, especially since they promoted it so heavily.

Also, FOX canceled MAdtv. This was a little sad for me. There was a period of time where MADtv was my sketch comedy of choice on Saturday nights. Once people like Nicole Sullivan, Will Sasso and that crew left, it was all down hill.

There is a chance it could get picked up by another network.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched My Own Worst Enemy and found it ok, but not outstanding. I DO think it's better than a lot of the junk floating around that doesn't have the words "Law & Order" in the title. In fact, this past Monday is the first time I missed the show. I heard NBC had cancelled it and just see no reason to watch it anymore. Why get into something that likely won't be resolved before the episodes stop. I don't think NBC will actually run all the episodes they paid for. Shame though, it had potential.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't My Own Worst Enemy cancelled? That's that show with Slater, right?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it was, but NBC claimed they are going to show all of the episodes they purchased, all nine of them.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I heard somewhere that Pushing Daisies might be in trouble. Anyone here anything about this? I hope it's not true, it's one of my favorite shows currently airing.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw commercials for new Scrubs on ABC!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Pushing Daisies. It's such an interesting show.

I've also heard rumors about its eventual demise. A lot of people were surprised it survived the strike. I fear it might not survive much longer. Shame.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't watch TV. I find out which shows are good just by the cancellations now, then I go get the DVD's. The only exception is LOST. Somehow this show has managed to both be good and stay on TV. I'm sure someone's been fired for that decision.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I love Pushing Daisies. It's such an interesting show.

I've also heard rumors about its eventual demise. A lot of people were surprised it survived the strike. I fear it might not survive much longer. Shame.
    I believe Kristen came out and said that it is canceled. But I'm hoping there's someway it'll get revived. It's a shame, they always cancel the good ones, while they continue to toss out season after season of reality shows.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Reality shows are super cheap to make. Up until recently the participants didn't even receive payment as actors.

The show "Survivor" hires about 40 locals to supplement the base crew and staff. Locals can be had for a few dollars a day.

Low overhead and a HUGE fanbase make these shows almost impossible not to be created. I personally hate this type of show as it is dumbing down the viewing public and making it harder to put any kind of decent programing on the air.

BTW I work in TV so this is a subject that hits close to home (and wallet).

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    <<SNIP>> they always cancel the good ones, while they continue to toss out season after season of reality shows.
    Insert witty comment here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 188 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast