+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136
Results 3,376 to 3,391 of 3391

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather have anthologies inspired by single-season efforts that succeeded than try to bring back some of the cast of these ones along the lines of "hey, let's tack on a second season of Under The Dome because the ratings kicked ass! who cares if there's no reason for the story to continue?"

Trying to continue what they did with The Terror and The Haunting Of Hill House, but having to tell new stories (not cheap and cheesy sequels), is a good goal to have.
    "...Bill Parcells used to say you are what your record says you are. And your 80-166 record in the three full seasons you’ve been here says you are a pile of donkey dicks sitting in a bucket of shit."

Maerlyn's Imp St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have hopes for The Terror's second season, but with that setting (not to mention Takei in the cast), it feels like anything they do story-wise will be overshadowed.
    "...Bill Parcells used to say you are what your record says you are. And your 80-166 record in the three full seasons you’ve been here says you are a pile of donkey dicks sitting in a bucket of shit."

All For One fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito has a brilliant future fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

I'm not a big fan of anthology shows in general. I feel it hinders the consistency of a show as you can only draw from the well so many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm not a big fan of anthology shows in general. I feel it hinders the consistency of a show as you can only draw from the well so many times.
    I think these anthologies boil down to opportunities for more original, quality shows, and I'm glad that they're at least trying.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

I don't have any issue with anthology shows. The only thing that irk'd me was that they were taking a show based off of one of my favorite books and turning it into something that has nothing to do with my favorite book. I guess I just wish they would call it a different name, that's all. I know it's silly And it does sound intriguing so I will check it out.
    "Only the gentle are ever really strong."

Final Mission Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant has much to be proud of Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think anthology shows can work as long as they are meant to be an anthology show. The Terror is cashing in on a known property that did well last year.

I didn't realize The Act (which is fantastic if you haven't seen it) was an anthology until recently. A show like that lends itself perfectly to that format.

The same with American Crime. The O.J. Simpson season was fantastic. I've been vocal in how much I despised the Versace season and I know I'm not alone. I'm still not sure how it got so much critical acclaim. I heard the next season is supposed to be about Hurricane Katrina.

I think it works well for True Detective as well. I really loved season 3.

Maerlyn's Imp Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So I bought a guilty pleasure off of ebay last week,
    Dark Shadows
    the tv series from the 60's-70's.
    Saw it a couple of times in the early 70's as a kid and always wanted to watch the series. So far 3 episodes in and it is cheesy and I love it.
    I started on the episode that Barnabas Collins (the vampire) starts in.
    A soap opera with a vampires, werewolfs, and even phoenixs...can't go wrong
    Wish List:
    Carrie 1st/1st
    The Gunslinger 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    So I bought a guilty pleasure off of ebay last week,
    Dark Shadows
    the tv series from the 60's-70's.
    Saw it a couple of times in the early 70's as a kid and always wanted to watch the series. So far 3 episodes in and it is cheesy and I love it.
    I started on the episode that Barnabas Collins (the vampire) starts in.
    A soap opera with a vampires, werewolfs, and even phoenixs...can't go wrong
    Dark Shadows is awesome. I have the complete series too. Did you see that trailer for the Dark Shadows documentary?

Rebel Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19 has much to be proud of Heather19's Avatar

Mae, is Dark Shadows on any streaming service that you know of? I've seen a few random bits here and there, but would love to watch more.

Country
    Country Flag

It's bounced around Netflix and Hulu. It looks like Hulu has some episodes still but the complete series on on Amazon Prime now: https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows/dp/B0031ZNGGQ

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, it looks like it starts off with Episode 210, when Barnabas arrives.

The actual story with Victoria Winters begins here: https://www.amazon.com/Episode-1/dp/B0143JHTFW/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    ...I've been vocal in how much I despised the Versace season.
    I loved that...

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It's bounced around Netflix and Hulu. It looks like Hulu has some episodes still but the complete series on on Amazon Prime now: https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows/dp/B0031ZNGGQ
    Thanks Mae, unfortunately I don't have Amazon prime. I'll check out Hulu though and see what they've got.

Country
    Country Flag

Aw dang! Prime is worth it though, but not just for Dark Shadows of course. But it does have all 1200+ episodes of the series while Hulu just has a small portion it appears.

Country
    Country Flag

Inspired by our conversation, I just streamed the first six episode of Dark Shadows on Prime. God how I love this show. The music, the weirdly slightly distorted picture, the fab '60s fashions, the engaging mystery. It's really special!

Also:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136