Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 188 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. I'm in three episodes and I find myself not wanting to go to bed. Very gripping thus far.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to the listings, the Jan 13th PBS Antiques Roadshow is going to feature appraisals on Stephen King first editions from 1974 - 1977.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Dexter
    It has been a while since I watched this show. I loved the premise, the characters, the twists, and hated the ending. When the ending is that "rough" it lower the whole aspect of the show for me. GOT comes to mind lol. I was hating on Dexter since 2013, but wanted or needed to re-watch it. I have a better love for the show, and I am disappointed in myself for complaining about many of the seasons as I thought they were stale. After re-watching the show, I realized I was wrong and many of the season were actually well done.
    Season 1 the ice truck killer is a toss up as the best between season 2 and season 4 as my favorite
    Season 2 the bay harbor butcher was fantastic
    Season 3 the skinner and the lawyer wasn't bad, but not stellar
    Season 4 the trinity killer was fantastic
    Season 5 the barrel killers was OK but additional killers and Dexter's help was better then I remember
    Season 6 the doomsday killer with Colin Hanks was meh
    Season 7 the Ukrainian mob criminals was better then I remember
    Season 8 the brain surgeon was pretty good, but I still hate the ending
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Show on Netflix and I think Amazon called Messiah. The trailer makes it look very interesting and intriguing and I am going to eventually watch it. Anyone watching it yet? Thoughts?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still hate the ending to Dexter for many reasons. The whole last season was underwhelming (though I really liked Charlotte Rampling's character).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a lot of interesting parallels between Dexter and Game of Thrones. Both peaked at Season 4, both tapered off in quality after that, and both had a Season 8 and series finale to forget that pissed off a lot of fans.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I still hate the ending to Dexter for many reasons. The whole last season was underwhelming (though I really liked Charlotte Rampling's character).
    That's a good summary for me, too (although I wouldn't say I HATED the ending. But my feelings were mixed).

While some seasons were definitely better than others, I thought every season was great viewing. I slow-binge-watched it, a couple of episodes a night, around the time the whole show ended, and I was waiting for it to get bad. It never did, for me.

Trinity killer season was probably my favourite, due to the outstanding performances by the whole cast.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Show on Netflix and I think Amazon called Messiah. The trailer makes it look very interesting and intriguing and I am going to eventually watch it. Anyone watching it yet? Thoughts?
    Watched the whole season of Messiah. Loved it. Without giving anything away, very interesting take on what goverments and media do with the situation. Lotsa questions arise in my head about it, makes you think. Is very well done and except one episode the pace is great. Highly recommend!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I’ve been slow binge watching the Sopranos on Amazon prime over the last couple of months. I’ve never had HBO, so this was a first time viewing for me and my wife. We are both really enjoying it. We’re about halfway through the fourth season now.

James Gandolfini pretty much carries that show. There are great performances by the other actors, but Tony soprano is in virtually every scene, with a lot of challenging dialogue.And he’s a complicated guy. Gandolfini plays him to perfection.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Watched the whole season of Messiah. Loved it. Without giving anything away, very interesting take on what goverments and media do with the situation. Lotsa questions arise in my head about it, makes you think. Is very well done and except one episode the pace is great. Highly recommend!!!
    I actually gave it a try. I liked some of the government aspects of it, but most of the characters were forgettable to me. I felt the show dragged and would have been better as a 2 hour movie then a series. I truly didn't like it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone into Manifest?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone into Manifest?
    Hated that show last year. Suffered through it because I have TVOCD. The little boy is a terrible actor. It's just a cheesy Lost knockoff. The dad who was on Once Upon a Time is the most generic actor on TV. He's like a cardboard cutout.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Anyone into Manifest?
    My wife and I are. Haven't watched the most recent episode though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Agreed. Started tonight after I read your post... banged 4 off and think it’s awesomeness! Can’t wait to get home tomorow and watch more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anyone into Manifest?
    Hated that show last year. Suffered through it because I have TVOCD. The little boy is a terrible actor. It's just a cheesy Lost knockoff. The dad who was on Once Upon a Time is the most generic actor on TV. He's like a cardboard cutout.

I enjoyed it a lot (though I remember it getting a little too complicated towards the end), but can see where you're coming from on the acting. I was actually pleasantly surprised it got a renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Anyone into Manifest?
    I haven't either. I need to find a recap video or something of the first season because I guarantee you there's things I don't remember.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Anyone into Manifest?

I enjoyed it a lot (though I remember it getting a little too complicated towards the end), but can see where you're coming from on the acting. I was actually pleasantly surprised it got a renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Anyone into Manifest?
    I haven't either. I need to find a recap video or something of the first season because I guarantee you there's things I don't remember.
    I also don't trust networks to be able to keep a story like this fresh and interesting for more than one season.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone into Manifest?
    I like it but I fear they are about to jump the shark in season 2.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The third season of Mindhunter has been put on indefinite hiatus while the main actors go to work on other projects. DAMN!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The third season of Mindhunter has been put on indefinite hiatus while the main actors go to work on other projects. DAMN!
    Yeah, I read this. Fincher is working on Mank and another film and didn't want to lock the actor's into their contracts. It will be back.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Confused

I wish someone would have reprimanded me regarding the mention of the Witcher books not being completed. There is supposed to be an 8th book in the works, but the books are technically completed. I'm not going to go into detail about the ending. I just felt it kind of wasn't an ending as it felt incomplete. I wanted to mention my lapse in judgement.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 188 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 ... LastLast