Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
We touched on this a little bit in the best shows since 2000 thread, but we are truly in the golden age of TV since around the year 2000. I would say the last 2 or 3 years especially we have reached a pinnacle. There are so many shows it's impossible to keep track, especially with all the new streaming devices.

A perfect example of this was last week. 3 new shows started last week. All 3 of them actually on cable as well and all three feature an outstanding pedigree of talent attached to each project. Escape at Dannemora, The Little Drummer Girl and Dirty John. Just look at these names:

Escape at Dannemora: Benicio Del Toro, Patricia Arquette, Paul Dano, Ben Stiller (Directing)
The Little Drummer Girl: Florence Pugh, Alexander Skarsgård, Michael Shannon, Chan-wook Park (Directing)
Dirty John: Connie Britton, Eric Bana, Juno Temple, Julia Garner, Jean Smart

It's just insane. All in one week too. As soon as I finish one show or dump one, 3 more pop up. They're like weeds. The saving grace is that many of them are limited series and the ones that aren't don't require an investment of more than 8 or 10 episodes.
Like I mentioned in the other thread as well, I must have way different taste than many of the others here. I'm not really interested in any of those 3 shows you mentioned, yet I seem to have a constant stream of show to watch on any given night on my DVR.
There's nothing wrong with that. Everyone has different taste.

For the record, two of those shows I listed are essentially longform movies. We don't really call them TV movies anymore, but that's exactly what they are. The new term now is limited series, I suppose.