Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Twin Peaks: The Return. I loved the original show but this new version is out there. My wife kept asking if we were suppose to be on drugs to watch it. Hopefully it comes back down to earth a little.

I am fine with visiting the Black Lodge but it shouldn't dominate the show. Besides the darkness there needs to be the quirkiness from the original show as well. Spending the last few minutes in The Bang Bang Bar was encouraging because I took it to mean we might actually see more of the town Twin Peaks in the show sharing it's name.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first season of Twin Peaks years ago and didn't care for it, so never watched season 2. I was flipping channels last night and saw that the Return was on, so I watched it for a few minutes. I must've picked a bad time to start because it was weird with a capital W.

I don't think the Lodge(s) was a huge part of the season I watched, but just the part I watched last night was definitely out there. Then I went on Wikipedia to look at the show's mythology and wow. The crazy must've hit the fan once I stopped watching after season one: demons, other planes of reality, BOB?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought I was the only person on here that didn't care for Twin Peaks. Glad to see that I'm not alone!

#phew

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched the first season of Twin Peaks years ago and didn't care for it, so never watched season 2. I was flipping channels last night and saw that the Return was on, so I watched it for a few minutes. I must've picked a bad time to start because it was weird with a capital W.

I don't think the Lodge(s) was a huge part of the season I watched, but just the part I watched last night was definitely out there. Then I went on Wikipedia to look at the show's mythology and wow. The crazy must've hit the fan once I stopped watching after season one: demons, other planes of reality, BOB?
    You find out about Bob in season one and see some dreams of the Black Lodge but you don't really get to see what they are until the last half of season 2. I am fine with some weird. I just want it to be a coherent story and last night jumped around and didn't spend enough time in the titular town.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Initially, the show was about the murder and the spirits were a means to an end, a source of clues and a projection from or to the good and evil in the ordinary world. However, once the central conflict was resolved, the battle in the other reality became the subject, and the ending was partly satire of the television business itself. I absolutely believe we were supposed to be bothered by where they took it when they were told that the show was cancelled. And now they need to wind down the plot points raised in the late stages... I know I would have been disappointed, for one, if they had just ignored it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did anyone watch The Keepers on Netflix yet? What a sad disturbing story.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My parents just finished watching it and said it was really good. I'm not big on true crime, though, so I doubt I'll see it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen Twin Peaks. It's been on the list for a while though.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    My parents just finished watching it and said it was really good. I'm not big on true crime, though, so I doubt I'll see it.
    You should check it out. We blew through the whole season this weekend. Couldn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I love Twin Peaks. I really need to get going on my rewatch though so that I can watch the new season.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*coughdontbother

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    *coughdontbother
    Don't listen to him. Twin Peaks is amazing.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I really want to go back and watch some of the original series now.

Country
    Country Flag

I know it's no longer "cool" but I still watch and love The Big Bang Theory:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate Big Bang Theory tbh.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It's the worst, right?!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

On another note, I'm anxious for People of Earth to return with season 2 next month.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    It's the worst, right?!
    haters!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I know it's no longer "cool" but I still watch and love The Big Bang Theory:

I agree. It's a hoot and I so relate. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they're smart to make this the last season of Orphan Black. I don't know if anybody else still watches. There have been a few stray elements that were a little silly, but really a stronger drama than most throughout. I'm still excited for the story. Airing in the timeslot on BBC America right after Doctor Who messes with my moods, though. I know they are both science fiction, technically, but I think I'm going to record the rest and watch them on a different night of the week.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    It's the worst, right?!
    haters!
    It's not what it once was, but there are far worse sitcoms out there. Have you ever seen Dr. Ken?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 188 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast