Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably never get to 75% of those

Then of course I also have my Netflix account, which comes with its own backlog and Must Watch's.

So much quality TV, so little time.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

NOS4A2. Anyone watching on AMC? It is kind of pretty boring. Also, does it come out weekly? For whatever reason there are 5 episodes out there.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not technically television, but Cobra Kai (both seasons) is fantastic. If you grew up loving the Karate Kid, you will fall in love all over again. It’s got plenty of cheese just like the 80s, but also plenty of today’s more comical elements too.

I legit think that as far as this era of reboot/relaunch/reimagining/Dark Universe whatever name for unoriginal you want to use goes, no one has done it better than this. Totally faithful to the original universe while providing new content that somehow recreates the plot of the movies without being predictable. And the Easter eggs and nods are spectacular (especially the music)

5/5 bonsai trees

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Not technically television, but Cobra Kai (both seasons) is fantastic. If you grew up loving the Karate Kid, you will fall in love all over again. It’s got plenty of cheese just like the 80s, but also plenty of today’s more comical elements too.

I legit think that as far as this era of reboot/relaunch/reimagining/Dark Universe whatever name for unoriginal you want to use goes, no one has done it better than this. Totally faithful to the original universe while providing new content that somehow recreates the plot of the movies without being predictable. And the Easter eggs and nods are spectacular (especially the music)

5/5 bonsai trees
    Nailed it! Good breakdown. Fantastic in the nostalgia department indeed.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    NOS4A2. Anyone watching on AMC? It is kind of pretty boring. Also, does it come out weekly? For whatever reason there are 5 episodes out there.
    I just watched the first episode last night. I've enjoyed it so far. I don't remember the book all that well but it seems to be pretty faithful to the story so far. Seems like it might be just as good as Mr. Mercedes.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched it last night as well and really enjoyed it. Acting, production values, matching the book, it all worked for me. I wasn't sold on Zachary Quinto when he was announced, but I'm pretty sold now. Looking forward to the next episode.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched it last night as well and really enjoyed it. Acting, production values, matching the book, it all worked for me. I wasn't sold on Zachary Quinto when he was announced, but I'm pretty sold now. Looking forward to the next episode.
    When is the second episode coming out?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's on Sundays.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a thread for it here too, check it out.

Also, guys and girls, this is the best show nobody's watching, it's so good!

It's been renewed for a final fifth seasons. Makes me kinda sad but it should hopefully wrap things up nicely.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I recently caught up and finished this (first and only) season of What We Do In The Shadows...
    I watched the first 2 episodes. It was ok but definitely not "must watch" for me. I have the rest of the season recorded but I'm not sure when I'll get around to finishing it.
    FWIW, while I did enjoy the first few episodes, I thought it got stronger as it went along.
    I agree. The show gets better as it goes along. I also loved the film, so I knew what to expect going in. It's a hard sell to someone that has never seen the film. A mocumentary vampire sitcom is not easy to explain to people.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    So I decided to keep my HBO subscription for at least one more month (I bought the package solely for Game of Thrones).

My plan is to make my way through all the great content the channel has to offer before my subscription runs out.

So far I've tackled
    • True Detective Season 3
    • Westworld Season 2
    • Chernobyl Season 1

Plan to watch
    • Deadwood
    • Barry

Anything else I need to add?
    First of all, Barry needs to move to the very top of your list. I'm not sure if it's your thing, but John Oliver's show is really funny and well made. I learn more on that show than anything else on TV.

I'm not sure if you caught it when it was on, but The Night Of was very good. The same goes for the Newsroom.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    You guys, drop everything and watch Dead to Me on Netflix. It's amazing! I'm obsessed and cannot stop watching. Do not even watch trailers or read anything about it, if you're not hooked by the end of the first episode, I don't know what to tell you... And it just keeps getting better after that. At the end of episode four I audibly exclaimed "I cannot believe they did that!" I'm flabbergasted...
    Mae the Mighty is not kidding here. A really good show that deals with hella dark material that is funny as hell. Definitely worth a shortcut to the top of anyone’s queue. Once you start you will have a very hard time not binging, and season 2 is already a go.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    So I decided to keep my HBO subscription for at least one more month (I bought the package solely for Game of Thrones).

My plan is to make my way through all the great content the channel has to offer before my subscription runs out.

So far I've tackled
    • True Detective Season 3
    • Westworld Season 2
    • Chernobyl Season 1

Plan to watch
    • Deadwood
    • Barry

Anything else I need to add?
    First of all, Barry needs to move to the very top of your list. I'm not sure if it's your thing, but John Oliver's show is really funny and well made. I learn more on that show than anything else on TV.

I'm not sure if you caught it when it was on, but The Night Of was very good. The same goes for the Newsroom.
    You're the main reason I'm watching Barry, so give yourself a pat on the back you beautiful bastard.

I was always curious about The Night Of since it aired, I just didn't have access to it at the time. I enjoy mini series because I know they're not artificially stretching anything out, every episode is integral to composition of the story. I'll try, TRY and get to it...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys, drop everything and watch Dead to Me on Netflix.
    I WAS HOLDING A BABY, YOU MONSTER!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I WAS HOLDING A BABY, YOU MONSTER!
    I enjoyed it, but I don't see how this show was as dark as people are saying it is. A dark comedy....yes. A really dark show.....no.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I enjoyed it, but I don't see how this show was as dark as people are saying it is. A dark comedy....yes. A really dark show.....no.
    Just renewed for a second season.

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't be happier. Absolutely loved the first season. The two main characters are complex and brilliantly portrayed by two amazing ladies. Can't even imagine where their relationship goes in Season 2 after that ending...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't be happier. Absolutely loved the first season. The two main characters are complex and brilliantly portrayed by two amazing ladies. Can't even imagine where their relationship goes in Season 2 after that ending...
    Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a really well done show. Cardenelli and Applegate have great on screen chemistry together. I'm on episode 5 now.

It also doesn't hurt that Cardenelli is a dream girl. God damn.

Country
    Country Flag

Freaks and Geeks is one of the best TV shows of all time largely because of her. She's so awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

It's a really well done show. Cardenelli and Applegate have great on screen chemistry together. I'm on episode 5 now.

It also doesn't hurt that Cardenelli is a dream girl. God damn.
    They’re both scorching - Hawkeyes gal is hiding one seriously insane bod underneath all that hippie gear and I’m still trying to figure out how Kelly Bundy is hotter now than when she was Kelly Bundy

Country
    Country Flag

Great final line.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot recommend the Central Park 5 story enough on Netflix. POWERFUL. The kid who plays korey wise stole the show for me. I hope he gets lots more roles.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

An episode and a half into CHERNOBYL on HBO. Whoa. Intense.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    An episode and a half into CHERNOBYL on HBO. Whoa. Intense.
    And it just keeps getting better and better

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 ... LastLast