Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 188 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: General Television Discussion

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I'm half way through the first season of Robin Hood: BBC. I'm DVRing every Doctor Who episode on BBC America.
    Excellent! The best aspect of the new series is that, especially with series 5, is that it strikes the perfect balance between having completely new and different stories almost every episode that can be enjoyed on their own and yet also having a really good, cleverly constructed arc each series, so catching any episode you can is what the new series was made for, really. With the Moffat era, it seems that he's now setting up an arc-within-an-arc after the number of questions the series 5 finale left unanswered. I can't wait for series 6 to begin!
    Oh man!! BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon all day yesterday. It was just season 5 (the last season correct?), but it was awesome. I just got done watching several episodes from the ninth doctor.
    Correct, and a season so brilliant and wonderfully fresh I haven't been able to stop watching it over and over again. My favourite season of the new series used to be season one with Eccleston (episodes you would've just watched, actually), with season three a very close second, but five has definitely become my new favourite. In fact, it's so good it might be one of my favourite seasons of the show ever, and that includes the classic series!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm super excited. My daughter is showing interest in the Avatar: Last Airbender cartoon. I loved watching this with my husband, and now we can all talk about it together. 6 year olds have interesting perspectives.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm half way through the first season of Robin Hood: BBC. I'm DVRing every Doctor Who episode on BBC America.
    Excellent! The best aspect of the new series is that, especially with series 5, is that it strikes the perfect balance between having completely new and different stories almost every episode that can be enjoyed on their own and yet also having a really good, cleverly constructed arc each series, so catching any episode you can is what the new series was made for, really. With the Moffat era, it seems that he's now setting up an arc-within-an-arc after the number of questions the series 5 finale left unanswered. I can't wait for series 6 to begin!
    Oh man!! BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon all day yesterday. It was just season 5 (the last season correct?), but it was awesome. I just got done watching several episodes from the ninth doctor.
    Correct, and a season so brilliant and wonderfully fresh I haven't been able to stop watching it over and over again. My favourite season of the new series used to be season one with Eccleston (episodes you would've just watched, actually), with season three a very close second, but five has definitely become my new favourite. In fact, it's so good it might be one of my favourite seasons of the show ever, and that includes the classic series!
    I just got done downloading The Curse of the Fatal Death. It does look amusing, I'll let you know what I think after I watch it. I like how wiki (I think) has Rowan as the unofficial ninth Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I'm super excited. My daughter is showing interest in the Avatar: Last Airbender cartoon. I loved watching this with my husband, and now we can all talk about it together. 6 year olds have interesting perspectives.
    I thought the live movie version The Last Airbender was really good. Are they planning on doing anymore of the live movies?

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I thought the live movie version The Last Airbender was really good. Are they planning on doing anymore of the live movies?[/QUOTE]

Here are my thoughts on the movie. It had some wonderful actors playing Aang, Uncle, and Prince Z; however, they made the movie way too short. Because of this instead of showing a lot of action they talked about how there was action. I also HATED whoever played Sokka and Kitara (too lazy to look up actual spelling). They were horrible. The effects were freaking awesome though. I think it got such bad reviews they wont have another movie, which is a shame because it could have been really good.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

hahah..well maybe it's just the affects that I thought were really good. I don't know the story.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Feev and Ricky should be pleased as punch to read this: season 5 of Lost arrived in the post today! Watched the first two eps, liking it quite a bit so far. Then again,
    Spoiler:
    anything that does clever timey-wimey things with its story is always going to grab my attention.
    Going to watch it as slowly as I can so I can eventually buy the final season straight afterwards. Will be interesting to see if it stands up to previous seasons.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you're going to love season 5. It definitely does get better as you go through. The last 10 seconds=pure aweseomeness.

Enjoy!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Right, now that I've got season 5 of Lost and am currently watching it, will you join me, alkanto and feev on a watch of season 5 of Doctor Who? That's as good as a series to start as any, and it's got loads of little tiny threads and arcs to pick up on, so you'd definitely enjoy it! Come on, watching a set amount of 3 eps a week or so is as good a time to get you into watching it as any!

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple weeks until Christmas break, and I will be joining you, as promised, DD.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Excellent! Me and alkanto have already started, but it shouldn't take long for you to catch up, we're only on ep 2 atm!

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! Me and alkanto have already started, but it shouldn't take long for you to catch up, we're only on ep 2 atm!
    Oh, we're to The Beast Below already? I must've missed that update....

I'll get right to it!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Folks in the US, there's only five minutes left of the 23rd November here in the UK, but for those of you over there who've never watched an ep of the greatest scifi show ever, you've still got a few hours left of Doctor Who day left, so my advise to those of you who haven't watched it yet: look up an ep on Netflix and watch just one ep today! Good self contained eps are:
    • Dalek
    • The Girl in the Fireplace
    • Blink

Those are the best self contained ones, anyway - a lot of the other great stories from the past 5 years are either closely connected to a story arc or part of a 2 parter. Don't worry, after today, I'm done with invading other forums with my fanness, just thought I'd get one last mega-recommendation out of the way. (Of course, this doesn't excuse feev and ricky: I've watched plenty of their favourite show, so they still need to watch some of mine, at least!) But on today of all days, the 47th anniversary of the show, now's as good a time as any to watch it and see what all the fuss is all about!

- Melike

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap. I just realized that the actor that played badass Dan Dority on Deadwood was also Warren (the retarded brother) in Something About Mary. This blows my mind.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Has anyone been watching Terriers of FX? It is really, really good. I hope a lot of folks are watching it so it doesn't get canceled.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend was just telling me that Terriers was awesome but I didn't believe him because he is a turd. Is it really that good? I'll have to give it a shot. I usually am watching TV when it goes on anyway, I just always change the channel.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    My friend was just telling me that Terriers was awesome but I didn't believe him because he is a turd. Is it really that good? I'll have to give it a shot. I usually am watching TV when it goes on anyway, I just always change the channel.
    I think it is awesome. It is about two pretty unconventional Private Investigators. I'm not normally into police type shows, but this one is a lot different and I really enjoy it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest I thought the show was a reality show about dogs. like the ones they have about the prisoners being reformed by training dogs for therapy and stuff so didn't really get into it.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

and me

currently watching...... nothing. I have three pages on my skyplus planner and have not watched anything yet, i am too busy with work, reading and **cough cough** writing to you guys

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Because the current poll result of my favourite show is extremely worrying, anyone who (a) hasn't voted in the relevant poll yet and (b) hasn't watched a single episode of Doctor Who, watch The Eleventh Hour, love it, and vote Who over Jetsons here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...28Bracket-7%29

I've already posted this vid in the poll, but I'm going all out on this one: the possibility of Who losing to the Jetsons is about as bad as Lost losing to the Flintstones - no matter how great that cartoon is, it shouldn't beat a programme of such awesomeness and importance in the first round!

- Melike

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's why their ad campaign was so clever. Terriers is great, trust me. Donal Logue carries the show, but there are a lot of great supporting characters to. The season finale is this week!

My Mood
    Amused

DoctorDodge - Did you watch the new Doctor Who holiday special yet? And the previews for the next season?
    Spoiler:
    America here they come!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yes! I'll get round to reviewing that in serious detail in the Who forum, but at the moment there's a shitload of the audio series I'm trying to get through first, plus re-looking at the previous season in serious detail. I will say I really liked it, and Matt Smith is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever, he's just so natural in the role. Also, that trailer, wow, can't wait for series 6/season 32!

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

The Holiday special rocked!!

My Mood
    Amused

Oh yes! I'll get round to reviewing that in serious detail in the Who forum, but at the moment there's a shitload of the audio series I'm trying to get through first, plus re-looking at the previous season in serious detail. I will say I really liked it, and Matt Smith is rapidly becoming one of my favourite Doctors ever, he's just so natural in the role. Also, that trailer, wow, can't wait for series 6/season 32!
    BBC America had a Doctor Who marathon almost all weekend starting this last Thursday or Friday. I was DVRing it but I had my settings wrong so it kept replacing the episodes instead of saving them all. The interesting thing is before I realized what had happened I watched episode 10 of series 3 (?) Blink (weeping Angels, 10th Doctor, Tennant), and then when I got home or got back to watching the episodes I realized that I wasn't recording every episode but when I fixed the very next episode I watched was The Time of Angels & Flesh and Stone (11th Doctor, Smith) so it was kind of cool. Do you know what episodes (9th-11th Doctor) have him changing into the next doctors or did they just change cast and crew?
    Also, I'll have to let you know how it goes, but there is an American version of Being Human that is airing this month.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I can't stand all of the celebrity reality shows. These morons wouldn't survive a week in a normal setting.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 188 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast