Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Comic Book Villain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't have any background in whatever the hell you guys are talking about, but this whole conversation still seems on-topic to me.

By the way, Jimmy, regarding the picture you posted upthread saying it didn't actually happen in the book - that's just a comics website ad...?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

It's the cover to an Avengers comic.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Spider-man has fought Thanos, Dormamu, The Beyonder, Firelord, Mephisto, Ultron, Super-Skrull, Kang the Conqueror and a host of other Villains who exist on a cosmic scale over the course of his career. Peter Parker does tend to be an everyman, but his crimefighting isn't limited to street thugs and earth bound villains by any means.

Spider-Man was even gifted, for a while, with the powers of Captain Universe by the Enigma Force.
    He's fought all those people but never regularly. You never see Spidey swinging through the city and go, "Oh, Thanos is robbing a bank again. Let me go see what's up."

The Captain Universe thing was a ploy to sell comics. The story had no redeeming value, no long term consequences and is never mentioned in the books today. Such ploys as this are still used today, such as this here.

This cover picture does not even happen in the book that it's the cover of.
    This was a comic book cover? All I see is a Welcome sign for Alvaro's comic book website.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Oops, it canceled the link. Here's the real one.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Spider-man has fought Thanos, Dormamu, The Beyonder, Firelord, Mephisto, Ultron, Super-Skrull, Kang the Conqueror and a host of other Villains who exist on a cosmic scale over the course of his career. Peter Parker does tend to be an everyman, but his crimefighting isn't limited to street thugs and earth bound villains by any means.

Spider-Man was even gifted, for a while, with the powers of Captain Universe by the Enigma Force.
    He's fought all those people but never regularly. You never see Spidey swinging through the city and go, "Oh, Thanos is robbing a bank again. Let me go see what's up."

The Captain Universe thing was a ploy to sell comics. The story had no redeeming value, no long term consequences and is never mentioned in the books today. Such ploys as this are still used today, such as this here.

This cover picture does not even happen in the book that it's the cover of.

He didn't fight any one of them regularly, but all of them together make up a good percentage of his crime fighting. I also forgot to mention that he's in New Avengers now, so he is back on the cosmic scale again. A lot of new avengers has been earthbound stuff so far, but the Avengers always end up fighting on a cosmic scale. Spider-man did start out just fighting Earthbound villains and such, but I think he has moved beyond that. Nt point in the end is that bringing Venom into the story with his Secret Wars origin isn't the only time by any means that Spider-man's guy policing the streets image has been upset. It gets upset so regularly that it doesn't really hold together anymore.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

P.S. How is it that Blake hasn't chimed in on this thread yet?
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

For real. Blake? We're waiting!

:taps foot impatiently:
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cassandra Nova.
    Best thing to happen to the X-Men since Apocalypse. She is just frickin' scary.
    I love her.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I've been posting stuff like this in other other-comics threads but
    Norman Osbourne is the BADDEST villain ever
    He was the baddest villain around while He was presumed dead 4 30 years (real time), his legacy and technology wreaked constant havok in spiderman comics and when he came back he became even nastier than his reputation
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Meh. Dr. Doom is badder, I mean better.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Comic Villain HAS to be the Punisher. If you think he's not a villain, look at what he does. He's just better than those he hunts, that's all.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Meh. Dr. Doom is badder, I mean better.
    I think that da og (original goblin: pun on original gangsta) Has now superceded doom with his secret invasion coup for power, hes no longer just a spiderman villain, Hes THE villain
    2009 is the year of goblin

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always been partial to Mr. Sinister. I wish Joss Whedon would write a bad ass Sinister.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not much of an X-Men fan, but Mr. Sinister does look bad ass.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

has the story of sinister helping gambit and sunfire after "the blood of apocalypse" story
    been resolved yet? I only follow x men sporadically...

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sinister wound up biting the dust (as much as any comic character does at least) in the recent Messiah Complex.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

like that'll last lol

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I liked Two-Face in The Long Halloween and Dark Victory. I haven't read any comics with Ra's Al Ghul yet, but based on his role and character in Batman Begins, he seems very interesting.

Oooh, William Grenier, from The Wolves of St. August was pretty cool though. That's a Hellboy story, btw.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

raz al gul was totally changed for the movie
    hes an arab eco-terrorist wit ha cult of ninjas who uses magic to keep himself immortal
    He thinks batman is the only man suitable to wed his daughter talia
    and most importantly
    HE IS NOT LIAM NIESON!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

^ You sound like that lady from the party at the end of BB. "Am I pronouncing it right, Mr. Raz Al Gool?"

I gathered as much about Talia from some of her dialogue in Hush. I've been meaning to read up on him some more. I knew about the Lazarus Pit as well from the old cartoon and was disappointed that it wasn't mentioned directly in BB. Anyway, that's kind of what I like about him:

He's virtually immortal, he believes his cause to be noble, and above all he respects his nemesis, Batsy.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

they lamed him up by totally deviating from the source character, I guess it wouldnt work to have magic involved in teh current films and an arab (or middle eastern ) terrorist would be considered "Insensitive"
    bah
    Spoiler:
    Tim Burton and Michael Keaton Made better batman films

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I really like the Scarecrow in Batman.

I think though a villain, or even a hero, is only as good as the writer writing him or her.

Example would be the Rogues for the Flash. Mostly they are lame: Capt. Cold, Boomerang, Mirror Master. But, Geoff Johns took over and started doing some amazing things with them making them every bit as hardcore as any other villain.

Favorite heroes villains have to be hands down the rogues gallery of Batman and Spider-man. They both have some great ones!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Villian turned good guy - Dark Phoenix.
    Spoiler:
    After all, she did destroy a whole planet before the "good" of JeanGrey came through and then committed suicide in order to stop any further mayhem.

All around villian - Gotta go with Kingpin from Daredevil.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

I remember when Vemon went good. He's an interesting villain for Spidey. Carnage was pretty good too, but they don't do anything with him anymore. Actually, didn't the Sentry kill Carnage? Or did I just make that up?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast