Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Favorite Comic Book Villain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I think Carnage is dead, yes. Not sure when though.

What about Galactus from the Silver Surfer... I mean, he ate planets.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

True, Galactusnis is a pretty bad boy.

When Mark Millar wrote the Marvel Knights Spider-man book he did some good stuff with the villains.

And let's not forget the Joker in The Killing Joke. Soooo good.

Brian Michael Bendis is doing some good stuff with the Spidey villains in Ultimate Spider-man.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Batman definitely has the best villains. The Joker has always been the best comic book villain. But there's so many more. Twoface...runs a close second...followed by Catwoman. This is just naming a few though...Scarecrow, Maxie Zeus, Deadshot, etc. In fact, I daresay that Batman wouldn't be as cool as he is without the nifty villains he contends with.

I will say though that the one villain I dislike the most also comes from Batman. Penguin. Bores the hell out me.

I like how Paul Dini writes the Penguin more like a mob boss in the Detective Comics, that works pretty well for him. Dini also had a great thing with The Riddler. Back in Hush, Jeph Loeb had the Riddler figure out Batman's secret identity, which was a great idea. But between that and when Dini took over, The Riddler suffered amnesia and lost that memory. He became somewhat reformed and opened his own detective agency, more of a thorn in Batman's side than a villain, which made for some great stories.

Mr. Zzaz is a great Batman villain and even mentioned in Batman Begins. He's a serial killer who marks himself up for every kill. His body is covered in scars from this.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosmic Geek View Post
    Brian Michael Bendis is doing some good stuff with the Spidey villains in Ultimate Spider-man.
    I didn't like what they did with the Green Goblin in Ultimate Spiderman. At least I think it was the Green Goblin as he appeared at the end of the first collection, but he wasn't referred to by name.
    Spoiler:
    He was a converted Norman Osbourne anyway.

I disliked him because he just seemed to be an evil version of the Hulk (although the Ultimate Hulk is pretty bad.) None of the manic joker-like insanity I imagine the Green Goblin to have.

I rather liked the Ultimate Spiderman overall though (what little I've read.) And I'm not all that into the Ultimate universe.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This guy has got to be the ultimate evil villain:

Judge Death.

He (and the other Dark Judges) come from a parallel universe where he came to the conclusion that since crimes are commited by the living, life itself is a crime. His punishment: Death. He is responsible for committing mass genocide in his own world and ended up crossing over into Dredd's world to continue his mission. After he (and the other Dark Judges) underwent zombification of course.

Not the most 3 dimensional of villains, but one of the most twisted and chilling.

Dude, that Judge Dredd picture is AWESOME! I really need to read that book.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4