Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 567 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 564 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Two questions related to Phil Hale:

Has anyone ever seen a 2nd Edition Drawing of the Three signed by Hale?

And also, has anyone ever seen a remarque with his signature in ANY book?
    Eric-

I have not seen a 2nd edition signed by him. I have a 2nd signed by King (the only one that I know of), but not Phil.

Also, I have not seen any remarques by him. He promised me a prelim sketch of Roland from his files way back when I met him in 2005 at Palavercon, but I never got it. We traded several e-mails to the point where he said he had it packed up and ready to ship, but then all my further e-mails went unanswered.

Karen and Robert see him fairly frequently. Perhaps Karen can assist.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric,

Yes to both.

I own a 2nd edition signed by Phil (signed at PalaverCon) & I've seen (but don't own) a signed Hale with remarque.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Eric,

Yes to both.

I own a 2nd edition signed by Phil (signed at PalaverCon) & I've seen (but don't own) a signed Hale with remarque.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    <----- Jealous!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric,

Yes to both.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    <----- Jealous!
    I had an extra one but it went with a set I sold to a member here. The set included a 3rd edition Gunslinger signed by Whelan, 2nd edition DT II signed by Hale, Wastelands still in shrink.

I can't remember who bought it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Eric,

Yes to both.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    <----- Jealous!
    I had an extra one but it went with a set I sold to a member here. The set included a 3rd edition Gunslinger signed by Whelan, 2nd edition DT II signed by Hale, Wastelands still in shrink.

I can't remember who bought it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Hmmm.... well I'm cash strapped at the moment, but if the lucky owner sees this and wants to sell.....

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a first and a second signed at Palavercon by Phil hale.

I took a whole suitcase full of books that had work by Hale, Berry and Whelan. Insomnia, Black House, Talisman and all the DT books (I still Had hopes that SK himself might show up). Michael signed DT1 (1st, 2nd & 3rd) and DT7.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This question was posted in the Forums section of The Collector's website:

Does anybody know about the two different dustjacket states of Different Seasons? On the first printing of Different Seasons, it seems the vast majority of copies had all the lettering in white on the dustjacket. However, on some copies, the color of the Viking symbol is occasionally shown in yellow where the rest of lettering on the book is white. Is there any priority between the two or were they printed simultaneously like that?
    My copy shows the Viking symbol in white matching the rest of the lettering on the dustjacket.
    thanks,
    classicalsteve
    My copy, as does that of the one in the King Collectibles Catalog, has the gold version of the Viking logo. I didn't even know the white variation existed until the above post. Does anyone have any explanation of the variants? According to a later posting, all other details are identical between the two.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My copy also has the gold Viking logo. But right after reading this post the other day, I accidentally bumped into a version with the white logo on eBay (don't have the link right now, sorry).

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been watching this one:

Different Seasons

but I think the price is way high.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Different Seasons

John
    Thats actually from the guy that was asking the question over at the Collector.

I don't like the way the book is presented, and its way overpriced.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Different Seasons

John
    Ah yes, that's the one.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why pay more money? Just leave your copy of Different Seasons out in direct sunlight for 2 weeks and yours will turn white as well.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know i've read the answer somewhere, but i just cant find it online :

Who is on the official picture of Richard Bachman???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I know i've read the answer somewhere, but i just cant find it online :

Who is on the official picture of Richard Bachman???
    I searched in vain for that answer a while back.
    Just as you have, I read it somewhere, but cant find the answer.

Help from the experts please.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

On Thinner: Richard Manuel, Kirby McCauley's insurance salesman. McCauley was King's agent at the time.

On The Regulators: Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bev.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Different Seasons

John

Way overpriced! I am looking but not paying anything remotely like that amount! NFW!!!!!!!

This is one of the Firsts that I have but want to replace - my copy has an awful "from the library of..." embossed stamp on the end paper! I was pretty stupid in my early days of collecting! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason I was even mildly interested in it was the fact that it had the white Viking logo on the spine, rather than the yellow/gold one. I'll find one with the white logo for a much more reasonable price somewhere.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    On Thinner: Richard Manuel, Kirby McCauley's insurance salesman. McCauley was King's agent at the time.

Thanks a lot!
    Do you have any idea if it's actually written somewhere?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I know that we got this information a long time ago and posted it as part of the alt.books.stephen-king FAQ. Lisa Rogek has the information listed in Haunted Heart: The Life and Times of Stephen King, but she probably got the information from the FAQ.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Thanks a lot!
    Do you have any idea if it's actually written somewhere?
    I know that we got this information a long time ago and posted it as part of the alt.books.stephen-king FAQ. Lisa Rogek has the information listed in Haunted Heart: The Life and Times of Stephen King, but she probably got the information from the FAQ.
    Now it is written in numerous places.
    Thanks again Bev.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, you are always a WEALTH of information. Kudos to you again.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Help a dummy please.

What is the difference between by Signet May of 1991 issue of The Stand: Complete and Uncut and Amazon's new; The Stand: Expanded Edition: For the First Time Complete and Uncut (Signet.) Here

The new name implies new material...is this true or just a new package for an old product?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as I know they are the same.

EDIT: The newer one has a May 7th, 1991 copyright...I am now certain they are the same book with just a slightly reworded title..
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 567 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 564 ... LastLast