Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 567 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

I checked my 1st and 2nd printing, and both have "gold" bookmarks.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Yes, I don't know the specifics, but there are obvious differences to the spine between the first and second printings. As for the ribbon, I have no idea!
    http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...dzone1vs2.html
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Could this be due to the second printing? Maybe it has a different coloured bookmark? I know the Easton Press doesn't change the copyright pages for subsequent printings, although for this book, something on the spine is supposed to distinguish the printings (its slipped my mind). Food for thought anyways...
    How to tell difference here.... but it still poses questions about the colour of the bookmarks.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Could this be due to the second printing? Maybe it has a different coloured bookmark? I know the Easton Press doesn't change the copyright pages for subsequent printings, although for this book, something on the spine is supposed to distinguish the printings (its slipped my mind). Food for thought anyways...
    How to tell difference here.... but it still poses questions about the colour of the bookmarks.

Oh, sure! Noone posted that same link directly above you.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes, I don't know the specifics, but there are obvious differences to the spine between the first and second printings. As for the ribbon, I have no idea!
    The business about differentiating between first and second editions by looking at the spine is accurate but is not answering the original poster's question. He is specifically asking about the 1993 Easton Press edition (at least that is how I read his question).

There are two colors of ribbon bookmarks used on the 1993 edition, gold and blue. I have no inside knowledge of how Easton Press works internally but I suspect they bind these books according to how many orders they receive. When they went to bind another batch of books to fill another wave of orders they may have changed ribbon color at that time. Just a guess.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The business about differentiating between first and second editions by looking at the spine is accurate but is not answering the original poster's question. He is specifically asking about the 1993 Easton Press edition (at least that is how I read his question).

There are two colors of ribbon bookmarks used on the 1993 edition, gold and blue. I have no inside knowledge of how Easton Press works internally but I suspect they bind these books according to how many orders they receive. When they went to bind another batch of books to fill another wave of orders they may have changed ribbon color at that time. Just a guess.
    Oh, I know it doesn't answer the question about the bookmarks. That I have absolutely no idea on. I don't even own a copy of the book myself.I was just responding to NeedfulKing's statement regarding the differences on the spine.

If you rescue me

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, sure! Noone posted that same link directly above you.
    It was so good, it deserves to be posted twice

or.... I need glasses. You choose.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll call it the former.

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to note, there will be another printing, and another, et cetera. I actually talked to Easton Press about this and they are out of stock, but plan to do another printing soon. They have to since its part of the Science Fiction series.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Just checked my 1993 1st edition. It has a blue ribbon and light blue/grey end papers.

Looks like I'll have to get another one with a gold ribbon.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

I would just have say that they changed the ribbon with the orders. just a guess. Have we contacted Easton, they have good Customer service.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I have emailed them with this very question, but no reply as of yet. I will post their response when I do get it.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

my 1993 edition has a blue ribbon,my 2nd edition has agold ribbon.strange alright huh?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 1st Ed Gunslinger - Misbound Copies

I've seen mention that 1500 copies of the first printing of the Gunslinger were mis bound. Does anyone know:

1) In what way they were misbound?
    2) Does this effect the value of a copy? (Negative or positive?)
    3) Does anyone own one of these misbound copies?

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen mention that 1500 copies of the first printing of the Gunslinger were mis bound. Does anyone know:

1) In what way they were misbound?
    2) Does this effect the value of a copy? (Negative or positive?)
    3) Does anyone own one of these misbound copies?

Thanks for the clarification guys!
    Here's how it went.

The error was a missing signature ( group of pages ) I think they were something like pages 74-100 were missing and it their place was a duplicate of perhaps 174-200 ( which also appeared in their proper place).

When the error was discovered the 10,000 copy run was recalled and went through by hand. It turned out that approximately 30% of them had the error and were correctly rebound.

Some of these mis-bound copies do still exist. There could have been human error involved. I've bought and sold a couple of them myself.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was searching for this general collecting question thread and finally found it.

I have 2 F&Gs (Drawing of the Three and Wastelands). I was thinking of having someone make me a special traycase for them. I recall from the other site there was a discussion about custom made traycases, but it is lost to me.

So, I would appreciate recommendations as to who to contact and any tips about what to ask for/process in general.

Thanks

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I was searching for this general collecting question thread and finally found it.

I have 2 F&Gs (Drawing of the Three and Wastelands). I was thinking of having someone make me a special traycase for them. I recall from the other site there was a discussion about custom made traycases, but it is lost to me.

So, I would appreciate recommendations as to who to contact and any tips about what to ask for/process in general.

Thanks
    How about making them yourself...... Clamshell cases.....

http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/manu...lam/index.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

More easily said than done.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    How about making them yourself...... Clamshell cases.....

http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/manu...lam/index.html
    Are you serious? I can barely pound a nail in straight.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about a traycase, but I've always wanted to learn how to make a slipcase. Maybe make a slipcase for the four Bachman paperbacks, or the F&SF editions of the Gunslinger. Rich (a old skeemer) makes traycases. So they can be done.

btw, Wiz ask Stu over at Bett's who was the binder that bound 'Salem's Lot. IIRC, they also offered services like traycases. I remember looking at their website, but it was a while ago, so I'm not sure.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I don't know about a traycase, but I've always wanted to learn how to make a slipcase. Maybe make a slipcase for the four Bachman paperbacks, or the F&SF editions of the Gunslinger.
    Slipcases for Backman P/Bs and F&SF mags can be made from 6 pieces of plastic or glass, and some glue or clear mastic. You can buy plastic and glass in sheets in lots of colors.

Wiz..... no nails involved.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz..... no nails involved.
    Remember the episode on the TV series Home Improvement, where Tim "The Toolman" Taylor gets his head glued to a table? That would be me.

John

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz this might be what you are looking for.

http://www.currierbindery.com/index.html

To me it looks like they'll do individual orders. It might cost you a $150, but I think it would be worth it. There is a lot of customization you can do, look on the prices page.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Remember the episode on the TV series Home Improvement, where Tim "The Toolman" Taylor gets his head glued to a table? That would be me.

John

The only think I want to remember about Tool Time, is a young Pamela Anderson as Lisa the Tool-Time Girl.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    Gregor greg@campbell-logan.com 1 800 942 6224

here is the name and email and number of the guy i talked to when i ordered my custom traycases for Six Stories and for my S/L Salem's Lot this is the same place that made them Centipede Press for the Salem's Lot. They are easy to deal with and did a great job, and turn around was quick. I think it cost me about $150 or so to have 2 tray cases made and they were custom sizes. I had them made to hold my S/L Salem's Lot while still in its slipcase. So it was large case. They came out great and were perfectly sized. You can give them the measurements yourself or you can mail them book and they will do it all and mail it back. You can even have titles, author etc.. embossed or foiled ont hem, basically whatever you want. I was very happy with the cases. If you look under the collections title of the pictures i just posted a few days ago you can see both cases on my shelves
    Hope this helps you, i got the name and number from Jared at Centipede.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 567 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 506 ... LastLast