Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 567 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A search of some of the book-selling sites turns up a number of variations:

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

John

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question concerning Carrie. The wife planned to surprise me with a copy she found here http://rarelibrary.com/book/King-b/104/CARRIE.html. Now I am still learning about evrything but I do recall being told BCE were not worth money. She wants to get this specific book because it was published the year I was born. Any advise? I have seen where a first edition should be around 900-1500$. Over at abe books there are a few around 300-500 but they are less than clear on the first edition area.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    Quick question concerning Carrie. The wife planned to surprise me with a copy she found here http://rarelibrary.com/book/King-b/104/CARRIE.html. Now I am still learning about evrything but I do recall being told BCE were not worth money. She wants to get this specific book because it was published the year I was born. Any advise? I have seen where a first edition should be around 900-1500$. Over at abe books there are a few around 300-500 but they are less than clear on the first edition area.
    That copy is a book club edition, and worth no more than $10. Sellers always pull this bullshit where they say its a "first edition book club". First of all, its impossible to tell what edition a BCE is, and second, even if there was a way to tell, and you had a first edition BCE, its still a worthless book club edition.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure that is worth the price sleepless...I was given one for the fundraiser and assumed it was pretty common.

In fact, I put it into the King Giveaway Pack I think.

<--waits on answers from others.

EDIT--Beautiful!! I was right. Thanks Eric.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

With a quick search the best deal I could find is this copy ( http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...=0&i=246513290 ) offered by Hutch.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the quick replies. I am SOOO glad she asked before buying.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...that looks the same.

I'm going to have to check the one I have.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I emailed Justin Brooks about the Bred Any Good Rooks Lately? editions. Here's his response:

Thanks for the update John. I wouldn't have known these reprints existed.

I'm updating the entry with:
    1a. Dorset Press, A Division of Marboro Books Corporation, 1989,
    trade paperback, p. 15. ISBN: 0-88029-411-6.
    1b. Dell Publishing, A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell, March 1994,
    trade paperback, p. 23. ISBN: 0-440-21458-0.

Best,

-JPB
    John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

That copy is a book club edition, and worth no more than $10. Sellers always pull this bullshit where they say its a "first edition book club". First of all, its impossible to tell what edition a BCE is, and second, even if there was a way to tell, and you had a first edition BCE, its still a worthless book club edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    With a quick search the best deal I could find is this copy ( http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...=0&i=246513290 ) offered by Hutch.
    Sleeepless, E_Taylor has provided you with great information. As long as you can live with the crease on the front of the DJ, buy the one from Hutch.

Country
    Country Flag

I will pass that info on to the wife. It is scary to think how close she came to paying 250 for a bce. What is even worse is I did not realize how close my bday is. I guess a gift like this will lessen the pain a bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I would agree with both Jerome and Eric on this one, Sleepless. That is a pretty good price for a true 1st/1st, and Hutch is a very honest and knowledgeable dealer. If you are looking on your own for a copy of Carrie. The best indication of the 1st/1st of Carrie is the gutter code of P6 on the last page. Make sure you ask about that before making any purchase, because even well meaning sellers can sometimes be confused.

Steve
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Country
    Country Flag

The one over at Hutch is stated as having the P6 so it looks like the way to go. I am a little weary of letting her spend that kind of cash on a bday gift but the more I look at it the more I want it. It is listed on stephenking.com as being released April 74 which is just too perfect not to have.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Good Folks - My hardcopy of Lisley's is in a slipcase, but it does not have a cut out of the shovel... what version is this? I think it was just purchased at Amazon... but all I've seen in a slipcase have the cutout.

Am I crazy?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you're crazy!!!

Actually, that sounds like the "gift" edition put out by the Book of the Month Club. It's still available to BOMC members for about $11 (a discounted price.)

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

*whew*

the one in the auction has the cut out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Everyone... I was hoping to see if anyone could give me any information about a couple of items that someone I know has for sale. Im not too familiar with promotional items or posters so I wanted to see if these things were worth buying and what their collectible value would be...if any.

They have two items for sale
    First is a 22" x 28" double-sided full color display poster for EYES OF THE DRAGON from 1987. Very heavy poster stock, printed by Waldenbooks and used as in-store displays across the country. It is brand new and never hung.

Second is an extremely rare poster ( so he says ) 23 1/8" x 31 1/2", of a photo of Stephen King, which is composed in varying shades by the entire text of his short story, "Rainy Season." The artwork was created by Lance Brown and completed/published in February 1990. From a distance it looks like a picture of Stephen Kings face, but closer up its actually the story of Rainy Season. It seems like a pretty cool item. Its also brand new and perfect condition.

Thanks so much for any help anyone has about either of these things !!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not too familiar with the Eyes of the Dragon poster, but the Rainy Season poster is a true collectible. It is a signed numbered edition of 100 copies. Betts Books has one for $1400.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but in regards to the Rainy Season poster, I remember gsvec posted a flyer that came with hers in her collection thread that advertised a Lovecraft and a Poe poster in similar style. Has anyone seen the Lovecraft one, or know its value?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the Eyes of the Dragon poster, but the Rainy Season poster is a true collectible. It is a signed numbered edition of 100 copies. Betts Books has one for $1400.

John
    According to George Beahm's SK Collectibles, there is also unsigned copies of the Rainy Season poster. Price is listed as $100-$150. I would double check if it is the signed or the unsigned edition.

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Thanks John...I did see that one at the Betts Books site, but I don't think the one that I am being offered is the signed numbered edition. I think its just the picture and story. You say there are 100 signed numbered copies , do you know how many were done that were not signed and numbered and what the value of that one minght be ?

Thanks so much

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't check that out as I should have. It's still a great collectible!

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post

John
    Thanks John...I did see that one at the Betts Books site, but I don't think the one that I am being offered is the signed numbered edition. I think its just the picture and story. You say there are 100 signed numbered copies , do you know how many were done that were not signed and numbered and what the value of that one minght be ?

Thanks so much

See post above

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooppps.. didn't see your reply yet Fsmdr...thanks !! They are offering the two items together at 125 , so probably not the big bargain I was hoping for...lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    According to George Beahm's SK Collectibles, there is also unsigned copies of the Rainy Season poster. Price is listed as $100-$150. I would double check if it is the signed or the unsigned edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusher

Thanks so much
    The number of unsigned prints is not clear. Value is ~$100.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John - Yup. I knew I was crazy!

So it's the BOMC version that I have.

Thankee, big-big!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 567 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 ... LastLast