Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 567 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 ... LastLast
Results 13,476 to 13,500 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have no idea of how many were designated that way, but it seems likely that the 's'/'p' stands for Scream Press. Perhaps that was their personal way of marking an in house copy.
    Cheers RF. This actual copy makes me smile when I check it out. It's quickly turning into one of my favourites. Top 3 of my lot.

It is one that will be in my collection a long time (at least until I look like the dude on the slipcase!!)

Trying to gauge how unique having one of these is.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re: Doubleday Shining. Would remainder marks affect the price a lot in your minds? If you found a flawless copy say but it had them? I’m not sure myself ans was hoping for some feedback thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean the sprayed edges? It doesn't bother me. A black line or dot would but those edges actually kind of look nice.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Do you mean the sprayed edges? It doesn't bother me. A black line or dot would but those edges actually kind of look nice.
    Yeah remainder marks. Looks like a spray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It would lower the value slightly for me. A fine copy would be better. I'd be fine with owning a copy though. The remainder spray is fairly common and doesn't bother me as much as a Sharpie remainder mark.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It would lower the value slightly for me. A fine copy would be better. I'd be fine with owning a copy though. The remainder spray is fairly common and doesn't bother me as much as a Sharpie remainder mark.
    I concur. It would affect the value versus one without remainder marks.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would anyone happen to have or could get the dimensions for the Holdorf edition of Pet Sematary?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not at home to get you measurements, but it's the same as the full size Doubleday first edition release.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I'm not at home to get you measurements, but it's the same as the full size Doubleday first edition release.

Mulleins
    Thanks so much Ralph!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

I don't know anything about the remarqued books, except that I like them. I've been wanting to read "Elevation" and noticed this. Wondering if this is a good price for a Chadbourne? Thanks in advance:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Elevation-b...d/223596952169

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a fair price, if....you like the art. If the art doesn't move you, skip it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Verdansky View Post
    I don't know anything about the remarqued books, except that I like them. I've been wanting to read "Elevation" and noticed this. Wondering if this is a good price for a Chadbourne? Thanks in advance:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Elevation-b...d/223596952169
    What Jerome said, but most folks that are into Remarques prefer they be done by the artist associated with the project.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough Bob Verdansky is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice Jerome and Brian.
    I was thinking the same - it would probably be nicer to have a copy done by the artist.

Country
    Country Flag

What was the hardest Firestarter date? I cannot remember where I seen a % breakdown... it was on a thread here somewhere...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What was the hardest Firestarter date? I cannot remember where I seen a % breakdown... it was on a thread here somewhere...
    This page gives a breakdown of what is known:

https://www.stephenkingcollector.com...restarter.html
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the list, and presuming King signed them in a linear fashion the list from SKCollector:

001 - 125 July 5th
    126 - 166 ???
    167 - 367 July 6th
    368 - 371 ???
    372 - 589 July 7th
    590 - 608 ???
    609 - 725 July 8th

Would probably look like this:

001-166 (and probably any PC's, association copies etc) July 5th
    167-367 July 6th
    368-589 July 7th
    590-725 July 8th

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looking at the list, and presuming King signed them in a linear fashion the list from SKCollector:

001 - 125 July 5th
    126 - 166 ???
    167 - 367 July 6th
    368 - 371 ???
    372 - 589 July 7th
    590 - 608 ???
    609 - 725 July 8th

Would probably look like this:

001-166 (and probably any PC's, association copies etc) July 5th
    167-367 July 6th
    368-589 July 7th
    590-725 July 8th
    I always thought 5 and 8 were the hardest!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the thread I started on this in early 2018:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...s-on-each-date

Assuming he signed them in order, the 5th and 8th are definitely the rarest days (between 17-22% of copies were signed on the 5th, and between 16-19% of copies were signed on the 8th).

In order to narrow this down any further, we need the dates for any numbers in the following ranges:

126-162
    368-374
    590-609

If anyone has any one of these numbers and can provide the date it was signed, we can make the estimate even more accurate.

EDIT: It looks like SKCollector has pushed the upward range for July 5th dates from 110 to 125 sometime in the last 18 months so I need to update my post.

EDIT2: Just updated my thread and this post. It's still possible that the 5th is the rarest day but I think it's more likely that the 8th is the rarest day. Either way they're definitely both rarer than the 6th and 7th.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

As far as editions of Carrie hard cover, is there a known release date / year of each edition? Considering all the book club editions selling on eBay, is a fine-to-near fine 10th worth $30 + S/H?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know which stories are read BY Stephen King in the audiobook version of "Everything's Eventual"?

I've read that it contains 1408, but can anyone confirm this?
    And any others?

Thanks !

>>> https://amzn.to/2Svg0gg
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Does anyone know which stories are read BY Stephen King in the audiobook version of "Everything's Eventual"?

I've read that it contains 1408, but can anyone confirm this?
    And any others?

Thanks !

>>> https://amzn.to/2Svg0gg
    Everything’s Eventual: Five Dark Tales - Everything’s Eventual by Justin Long, Autopsy Room Four by Oliver Platt, The Little Sisters of Eluria by Boyd Gaines, Luckey Quarter by Judith Ivey, The Road Virus Heads North by Jay O Sanders.

My 1408 read by King is a standalone file. Don't remember where it came from.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say that 1408 was from Blood & Smoke?
    Found it on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUrkp9ia-o

There is an actual 17h version of the Everything audiobook : https://www.audible.fr/pd/Everything...3_lProduct_1_2

I found it online : https://tokybook.com/everythings-eve...dark-tales-01/
    It seems that Steve is also reading :
    - In the deathroom : probably from Blood & Smoke
    - Lt's Theory of Pets (in the file #11 in the link above); reading from the Royal Festival Hall in London
    - Lunch at Gotham Cafe (in the file #13 in the link above) : probably from Blood & Smoke
    - 1408 (in the file #15 in the link above) : probably from Blood & Smoke
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I would say that 1408 was from Blood & Smoke?
    Found it on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUrkp9ia-o

There is an actual 17h version of the Everything audiobook : https://www.audible.fr/pd/Everything...3_lProduct_1_2

I found it online : https://tokybook.com/everythings-eve...dark-tales-01/
    It seems that Steve is also reading :
    - In the deathroom : probably from Blood & Smoke
    - Lt's Theory of Pets (in the file #11 in the link above); reading from the Royal Festival Hall in London
    - Lunch at Gotham Cafe (in the file #13 in the link above) : probably from Blood & Smoke
    - 1408 (in the file #15 in the link above) : probably from Blood & Smoke

Thank you good Sir, I listened to these but couldn't find them again. I thought maybe I imagined it. So I'm not going crazy

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question, and maybe a dumb one. I'm selling my lesser Bachman Books on eBay and just got asked this: "Do you know what printing it is? Like 1st edition/1st printing or 1st edition/4th printing? Thanks!"

My response: "It has a full number line, which makes it a 1st edition. I'm unsure why some say 1st / 4th. As far as I know it is either or, not both. If it were a 4th edition or 4th printing, the numbers 1, 2 & 3 would be excluded. I hope that's what you needed to hear."

Am I correct?

Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 567 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 ... LastLast