+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536
Results 13,376 to 13,391 of 13391

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook has a brilliant future Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    What thread is this? Was there a question?

Oh yeah, should factory shrinkwrap be removed?

The definitive answer is...
    Spoiler:
    Yes,
    Spoiler:
    if you want to read it, or look at it, or touch it, or smell it, or see if it is signed, or see if there is even a limitation page, or see if it's actually a first edition, or if it's even the book you thought, or see if there is any mold, mildew, moisture, or glue seepage which caused damage, etc.,
    Spoiler:
    unless as a collector you decide that you want to leave it on for any number of reasons,
    Spoiler:
    such as the book is in a slipcase and the shrinkwrap isn't likely to cause any immediate damage, or it's a book that you are planning to flip and not really a part of your collection, (These two are the only reasons that I ever leave it on.)
    Spoiler:
    or you just prefer to leave it on because you think it's worth more that way, or it makes the book feel new, or because you've had that book that way for 30 years and you aren't going to change it now, or you just think it looks cool,
    Spoiler:
    or that's simply the way you like it, etc..
    Yep... I think that pretty much wraps it up.
    I will wholeheartedly agree with that statement..

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000 people like to rub elbows with me webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

“Can you stick to FB then, and stop bothering the rest of us with all your high and mighty bullshit?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I’ve never “got” the whole Facebook thing. Not the SK group on Facebook - I mean Facebook in general. Never appealed to me.
    Although I have an account; I'm mostly in this camp with you, Alan.

What thread is this? Was there a question?

Oh yeah, should factory shrinkwrap be removed?

The definitive answer is...
    Spoiler:
    Yes,
    Spoiler:
    if you want to read it, or look at it, or touch it, or smell it, or see if it is signed, or see if there is even a limitation page, or see if it's actually a first edition, or if it's even the book you thought, or see if there is any mold, mildew, moisture, or glue seepage which caused damage, etc.,
    Spoiler:
    unless as a collector you decide that you want to leave it on for any number of reasons,
    Spoiler:
    such as the book is in a slipcase and the shrinkwrap isn't likely to cause any immediate damage, or it's a book that you are planning to flip and not really a part of your collection, (These two are the only reasons that I ever leave it on.)
    Spoiler:
    or you just prefer to leave it on because you think it's worth more that way, or it makes the book feel new, or because you've had that book that way for 30 years and you aren't going to change it now, or you just think it looks cool,
    Spoiler:
    or that's simply the way you like it, etc..
    Man, that was like one of those Russian Doll things.

I personally wouldn't have a problem taking advise from Kris or purchasing something from him. Dude's just above my pay grade
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4 has a brilliant future tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to request that if you have a copy of The Best American Short Stories 2007, that you look at the inside front cover and first page.....and inside back cover and last page.

I have several copies of this book, and notice where the cover and page come into contact with one another, there is browning. And, if something was in between the cover and page, that prevented the browning.

Check it out.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition $70
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $125
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $250
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    Sleeping Beauties CD Gift Edition in Shrinkwrap $125
    The Shining Sub Press Gift Edition $125

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Signed 1st Edition of The Bachman Books (1985 Omnibus Hardback)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I would like to request that if you have a copy of The Best American Short Stories 2007, that you look at the inside front cover and first page.....and inside back cover and last page.

I have several copies of this book, and notice where the cover and page come into contact with one another, there is browning. And, if something was in between the cover and page, that prevented the browning.

Check it out.
    Just checked my copies and zero browning.

Edit: I take that back, yes I see a light brown tone on the pages. I took into a different room with bright lighting.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody has the "Mark Lawson Talks To Stephen King" full interview video?

hence the full interview of :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIY6iG6Bihc
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Stephen King's Battleground. Why is this book that has a lettered, artist signed edition, and a trade first not listed on here? Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps you missed this Catalog entry:
    Stephen King's Battleground - Lettered

The other editions were left out as King didn't sign them and the book is primarily script related (although it does contain King's short story Battleground).

Servant of Gan allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Perhaps you missed this Catalog entry:
    Stephen King's Battleground - Lettered

The other editions were left out as King didn't sign them and the book is primarily script related (although it does contain King's short story Battleground).
    I did miss that. Thought it would have been in the "Bs." Thank you
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi folks,

does anyone have a first edition of Peter Straub's Julia, if so could you share the blurb that King wrote for that book?

thanks a bunch!

Along the Path of the Beam sullichin is on a distinguished road sullichin's Avatar

I don't uh, want this, but I've never seen this before. A stand-alone mp3 player designed like a paperback w/ the Misery audiobook & crappy earphones:

https://www.portersquarebooks.com/book/9781608475834

Can't seem to find any other SK ones like this. Just thought it was interesting

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are a bunch of them. Playaway Adult Fiction, Stephen King
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

Along the Path of the Beam sullichin is on a distinguished road sullichin's Avatar

Thanks. Lol, this is so bizarre to me.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Thanks. Lol, this is so bizarre to me.
    It is bizarre to me too. I am not the market demographic.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hi folks,

does anyone have a first edition of Peter Straub's Julia, if so could you share the blurb that King wrote for that book?

thanks a bunch!
    Hardcover? I don't see a King blurb on the paperback.

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent is a jewel in the rough vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Hi folks,

thanks a bunch!
    Hardcover? I don't see a King blurb on the paperback.
    Yes, hardback I presume. In ‘Meeting Stevie’ in ‘Fear Itself’ Straub describes how he first encountered King as a name on a blurb for Julia. That the blurb was the best of the lot. I presume at least a bit of that blurb was used. I may buy a first edition to see. They aren’t very expensive. But thought I’d ask here first.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 536 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536