Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Lastly, I am almost positive it was called Just Books, Too.

You are welcome!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just Books
    28 Arcadia Road
    Old Greenwich
    CT 06870
    203-637-0707
    info@justbooks.org

Store is called Just Books and is in Old Greenwich CT.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Lastly, I am almost positive it was called Just Books, Too.
    That's the sequal

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Maybe part "too" was in my mind!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am hoping some of you fine folks could help me with these items donated for the fundraiser:

This edition of Carrie has no information except that it's a Doubleday-Copyright 1974 by Stephen King. Are these Chat Books? Worth anything at all?

Same with this copy of Firestarter--Viking, CR 1980

Stephen King Library Edition of The Dark Half

I also have this edition of 'Salems Lot--Not sure what's up with it either.

The Stephen King Collectors Edition:

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The SK Library books are rebound (very nicely, I might add) book club editions. Nightmares and Dreamscapes was the first to be rebound 1st printing textblocks as far as I know.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt, the Carrie and Firestarter both appear to be common BCE's and don't hold much value. The SK Library edition and Collector's Editions have a slightly higher value. I've got a few copies of the softcover Collector's Editions. With the french flaps and color facsimile of the original cover inside, they're unique.

I wonder if you wouldn't have success selling a few "lots" of those type of books.

Good luck!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the help, that is exactly what I was hoping for.

I have planned some lots, these may or may not be included.

Traveler Cope is on a distinguished road

Default Dolores Claiborne Misprint

so i have bean an avid reader of SK novels for a long time. I Purchased The hardcover version of Delores Claiborne and foundthat the book suddenly ends at page 274 there are no tears or rips of any kind it just ends abruptly.?.?.

I asked a question a cpl years back on an advice site and they said the nubers from my book match the 1st edition book of this version.

How much would something like this be worth and what would be an eficient way of getting it signed btw i am in MN and i dont think Stephen Makes it to MN for signings.

Thanks any imput would be helpfull!
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting it signed would mean showing up for one of his events and making sure you can bring any book you want.

Few and far between.

As far as what it's worth, I suspect one of our collectors can help with that. Welcome to the site.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

That is strange.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Cope!

John

Traveler Cope is on a distinguished road

thanks everyone!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    so i have bean an avid reader of SK novels for a long time. I Purchased The hardcover version of Delores Claiborne and foundthat the book suddenly ends at page 274 there are no tears or rips of any kind it just ends abruptly.?.?.

I asked a question a cpl years back on an advice site and they said the nubers from my book match the 1st edition book of this version.

How much would something like this be worth and what would be an eficient way of getting it signed btw i am in MN and i dont think Stephen Makes it to MN for signings.

Thanks any imput would be helpfull!
    It isn't worth much at all. I'd say $5-$10. If you had King sign it (BTW, if I was going to have one book signed by King it wouldn't be even a mint 1st edition Dolores Claiborne) and it's in mint condition the price might increase to ~$100.
    Welcome to the site. I hope that my honesty regarding value causes no offense.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

It is interesting tho' I wonder you did get to finish the story right?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta' agree with Jerome. If you wanted to get it signed for the novelty of it, that's one thing, but I don't think a one off misprint like that is gonna' have any extra value to most people.

Welcome to the site.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree as well. By itself, the book is not worth much. And for a signature, other books will carry more value that Dolores Claiborne. That said, if that happens to be your favorite King story, then by all means go for it. As for signings, I'd say 80% of them are done in the Northeast of if the area of his Florida home, and then, getting him to sign a book of your choice narrows it much further.

Hey Letti, love your avatar!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I came across this while browsing through the net. Any ideas what this is?.

http://www.wrightsonsfrankenstein.com/Information.htm

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it an advertisment for the Limited Frankenstein that was done with the SK introduction?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I came across this while browsing through the net. Any ideas what this is?.

http://www.wrightsonsfrankenstein.com/Information.htm
    That has been up for a long time and I don't think that there has been any progress towards publishing it in a long time. Sort of like LEGACIES over at Cemetery Dance, I guess. I think it is even money whether or not it will ever be published. I think there was some talk about it on Bernie Wrightson's website about a year ago. You might look there for more up to date info.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a question about signatures. I noticed someone over at the haunt loking to check if his Carl Sagan "Contact" signature is real or not.

I know Ceri and this site does great work with King, but does anyone know another "fake signature" site that might shed light on someone like Sagan?

thanks!
    Geoff

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Quick ?? About Four Past Midnight States

Thanks to Eric I now have a 1st state Four Past Midnight with the gold SK on the front cover.

I had a copy that had the price and 1st printing, but the SK was just embossed black same as the boards.

Do the collectors out there think it's worth it to keep both?

What exactly did the Gold vs. Black SK signify?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think a clarifying question would be:

Are both books (and dust jackets) identical in every way, with the exception of the "SK"?

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast