Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 521 of 567 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,025 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    'Cookie Jar' is in the smaller UK Hodder paperback, ISBN 978-1-473-69892-5, £7.99
    It is also in the small size US paperback, ISBN 978-1-5011-2787-8, $9.99
    I knew Steve would have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I thought that it was in the american version as well. Wasnt it?

It was in the french paperback edition though \o/
    First appearance in Playboy or am I getting that confused with a different story?
    You are correct.
    Good enough for me then.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

It’s a paperback exclusive, in any case. That’s what I wanted to know, thanks!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best product for protecting the early Signet paperbacks. The Brodart equivalent? Does someone make cover protectors for small paperbacks?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I use archival plastic bags.

John

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

First appearance in Playboy or am I getting that confused with a different story?
    You are correct.
    What Playboy issue is "Cookie Jar" in?

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

You are correct.
    Not aware of it published in Playboy. I thought it was in Virginia Quarterly Review 2016.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I use archival plastic bags.

John
    Me too. And since they're acid-free you can gently tape the corners down to get a really nice looking end result that displays well!

This book is in a taped archival bag and you can hardly tell:

(All issues you see are with the book itself (slight crease on cover, creased spine) and not the bag.)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Where do you get your archival bags from and what sizes do you order?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Virginia Quarterly Review, Volume 92, No. 2, Spring 2016 (added to mass market paperback of The Bazaar of Bad Dreams)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Virginia Quarterly Review, Volume 92, No. 2, Spring 2016 (added to mass market paperback of The Bazaar of Bad Dreams)
    Thanks for this, Bev. I was mistaken then that it first appeared in Playboy and I even have that quarterly review I thought there was a story original to Playboy in 2017? I have it but too lazy at the moment to go dig it out.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have enjoyed reading many articles in Playboy.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

You are correct.
    Not aware of it published in Playboy. I thought it was in Virginia Quarterly Review 2016.

Mulleins
    That's what I have, just checking! You know us completists!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    You can get them at every comic book store. I'm not sure of the measurements but the bags for the standard sized monthly comics will fit everything from pocket paperbacks to trade sized books. Those and other supplies are usually kept right by the counter in most shops.

Possibly useful knowledge: magazine sized archival bags can fit the CD Doubleday portfolios.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have enjoyed reading many articles in Playboy.
    I'm sure you have, Steve

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    I personally get mine from https://www.squaredealonline.com/.

I get 2 mil thickness and I have 4 different sizes to accommodate both paperbacks as well as larger proofs. I have the following sizes that seem to cover all my bases:
    • 2-BCW-BB-MM1: Book Sleeves - Polypropylene - Trade Paperback Book Size with Flap - 5" x 7-3/8" (a.k.a. Novel Bags)
    • 2-BCW-BB: Book Sleeves - Polypropylene - with Flap -10" x 13" with a 2-1/2" Flap - BCW
    • 2-BCW-BDIG: Comic Sleeves - Polypropylene - Digest Size with flap - 6" x 7 3/4" (a.k.a. Digest Bags)
    • 2-BCW-MAG-L-R: Magazine Sleeves - Biaxially-Oriented Polypropylene - Oversize "Life" Magazine Size - with Resealable Flap - 11-1/8" x 14-1/4" (Sleeves, Bags, Covers, Slips)

The codes are the product codes from Square Deal (if you happen to choose them). I ordered 100 packs of each size in 2016 - my total then was <$100 and I'm still working my way through.

After you do a couple you learn how to fold them so that there are no creases on the front and only one small crease on the spine. Happy to do a small tutorial if you end up getting them and have any questions!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Mulleins
    I personally get mine from https://www.squaredealonline.com/.

I get 2 mil thickness and I have 4 different sizes to accommodate both paperbacks as well as larger proofs. I have the following sizes that seem to cover all my bases:
    • 2-BCW-BB-MM1: Book Sleeves - Polypropylene - Trade Paperback Book Size with Flap - 5" x 7-3/8" (a.k.a. Novel Bags)
    • 2-BCW-BB: Book Sleeves - Polypropylene - with Flap -10" x 13" with a 2-1/2" Flap - BCW
    • 2-BCW-BDIG: Comic Sleeves - Polypropylene - Digest Size with flap - 6" x 7 3/4" (a.k.a. Digest Bags)
    • 2-BCW-MAG-L-R: Magazine Sleeves - Biaxially-Oriented Polypropylene - Oversize "Life" Magazine Size - with Resealable Flap - 11-1/8" x 14-1/4" (Sleeves, Bags, Covers, Slips)

The codes are the product codes from Square Deal (if you happen to choose them). I ordered 100 packs of each size in 2016 - my total then was <$100 and I'm still working my way through.

After you do a couple you learn how to fold them so that there are no creases on the front and only one small crease on the spine. Happy to do a small tutorial if you end up getting them and have any questions!
    Excellent information. Thank you for sharing.

Mulleins

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Thanks for this, Bev. I was mistaken then that it first appeared in Playboy and I even have that quarterly review I thought there was a story original to Playboy in 2017? I have it but too lazy at the moment to go dig it out.
    “The Music Room,” In Sunlight or In Shadow: Stories Inspired by the Paintings of Edward Hopper, edited by Lawrence Block, December 2016. Also at Playboy magazine’s website and in their November 2016 issue.

Source: https://www.bevvincent.com/links/unc...short-stories/

Country
    Country Flag

“The Music Room,” In Sunlight or In Shadow: Stories Inspired by the Paintings of Edward Hopper, edited by Lawrence Block, December 2016. Also at Playboy magazine’s website and in their November 2016 issue.

Wow, back farther than I thought. So Playboy would technically be the first appearance of the story?

Wow, back farther than I thought. So Playboy would technically be the first appearance of the story?
    Technically, yes.

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    I'm not sure at all if this is the right place to post this, but I've got a question about the Chadbourne covers. I love the artwork and am considering getting a cover, and perhaps eventually a few more. The only problem is that the covers seem rather cheaply made. Specifically the inner flap part. It seems cheaply printed, or maybe it's just the fact that they're signed in marker. It just doesn't look very professional to me, from the limited pictures I've seen. Does anyone here have any of these covers? Mind sharing some better pictures? The pics on the stephenkingcatalog aren't very telling, nor are any of the pics I've seen on ebay. I'm hoping for some fist hand impressions here. Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, if the creator of these happens to be here. Like I said, I love the artwork and would be getting them for display. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm not sure at all if this is the right place to post this, but I've got a question about the Chadbourne covers. I love the artwork and am considering getting a cover, and perhaps eventually a few more. The only problem is that the covers seem rather cheaply made. Specifically the inner flap part. It seems cheaply printed, or maybe it's just the fact that they're signed in marker. It just doesn't look very professional to me, from the limited pictures I've seen. Does anyone here have any of these covers? Mind sharing some better pictures? The pics on the stephenkingcatalog aren't very telling, nor are any of the pics I've seen on ebay. I'm hoping for some fist hand impressions here. Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, if the creator of these happens to be here. Like I said, I love the artwork and would be getting them for display. Thanks!
    The covers to me feel like any other DJ. I only have one though, TBOBD. Because I thought it was cool looking. I don't really care for the others. No collecting value if that's a question as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The covers to me feel like any other DJ. I only have one though, TBOBD. Because I thought it was cool looking. I don't really care for the others. No collecting value if that's a question as well.
    Thanks for the reply. I wasn't considering getting them as any sort of valuable collectible. Mostly just in my search for compiling all things Joyland.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks in advance everyone!

I hope this is the right thread for this question.

I recently purchased a copy of the SNL of The Shining published by Sub Press. Does anyone have any advice/insight as to how install the dust jacket? I've installed dust jacket protectors, but never the dust jacket itself. I've googled this and couldn't find anything.

Any insight/advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

I recently purchased a copy of the SNL of The Shining published by Sub Press. Does anyone have any advice/insight as to how install the dust jacket? I've installed dust jacket protectors, but never the dust jacket itself. I've googled this and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
    I just placed the book spine near the center of the dust jacket, then laid the book down on it's back and then lined up the DJ ends. Once I was satisfied, I folded the ends over.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eads View Post

Thanks!
    I just placed the book spine near the center of the dust jacket, then laid the book down on it's back and then lined up the DJ ends. Once I was satisfied, I folded the ends over.
    Thanks for the help and insight! I'll post some pics when I'm done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 521 of 567 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 531 ... LastLast