Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 567 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,925 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have the Six Stories traycase with the white felt.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

White felt on mine also....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My proof copy has the black felt on the inside. Bought it from Bett's.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When SIX STORIES was announced as a paperback original, Stu Tinker, then proprietor of Betts, arranged for custom aftermarket slip cases and tray cases. It's hard to imagine now, but there was a lot of controversy about the asking price of ~$40. People were so vocal with their dismay that it eventually cause Stu to withdraw from the King online newsgroups of the time. If you're interested, you can probably do a search here and find more of the story.
    That's just a long way of saying that i pre-ordered mine directly from Stu as part of the original offering when it was first announced, and mine is the darker exterior with the white felt interior.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m very familiar with the story and that’s the info I was after.... when you bought from Stu... what did you get. Looks like the black felt ones are knock offs. The writing isn’t as nice on the case and the material is not either. You can see/feel the difference but only if you had them side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have one with black felt. It's possible Stu did two orders and they used similar but different materials?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I have one with black felt. It's possible Stu did two orders and they used similar but different materials?
    It seems everyone that ordered direct so far that I have talked to got white. The case is MUCH nicer too than the one with the black. I, at first thought maybe it was that the higher end case went to the Roman ones.... but doesnt seem so...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    It seems everyone that ordered direct so far that I have talked to got white. The case is MUCH nicer too than the one with the black. I, at first thought maybe it was that the higher end case went to the Roman ones.... but doesnt seem so...
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    My proof copy has the black felt on the inside. Bought it from Bett's.
    Looks like black felt was also bought from Betts??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just spoke with Stu. He recalls some people unhappy with the $40 price for the tray cases, but said everyone that bought one was happy. So happy that using the same vendor, he ordered a second batch. The second batch had the black liner. Stu says he himself (nor any buyers) noticed the second run to be "inferior" to the initial run, and that they too quickly sold out. He also reminded me that he also had a batch of slipcases produced.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I just spoke with Stu. He recalls some people unhappy with the $40 price for the tray cases, but said everyone that bought one was happy. So happy that using the same vendor, he ordered a second batch. The second batch had the black liner. Stu says he himself (nor any buyers) noticed the second run to be "inferior" to the initial run, and that they too quickly sold out. He also reminded me that he also had a batch of slipcases produced.
    There is a definite difference between the two with the initial run being of a much higher quality. I have both in front of me and it is clear which one is better. Thanks for the info though that’s good to know!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We learn something damn near every day here!

Country
    Country Flag

We learn something damn near every day here!
    Love it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited the Catalog entry for Six Stories to reflect the latest information.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...+L&redirect=no

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I vaguely recall flyers issued. Any opinion on this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-House...edirect=mobile

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Hell of a good price. Wish i had won it.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can’t see it any more, has the seller gone? Unless I am doing something wrong?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Looks like they were sold shaq. It ended yesterday.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Can’t see it any more, has the seller gone? Unless I am doing something wrong?
    Try this link.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Aah, thanks, that link works. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, uk based so wasn’t going to be for me.

Cheers

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just out of curiosity, anyone have any idea what the MR. MERCEDES umbrella promo is worth now?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just out of curiosity, anyone have any idea what the MR. MERCEDES umbrella promo is worth now?
    Priceless.

Actually, I had two at one point and sold one. I almost never see them up for sale. Just a wild estimate (get at least two more for accuracy)-$150+

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Which one?

The one from The Netherlands or the Korean one? (Or perhaps a different one?)

The Korean one is virtually priceless since they have proven unattainable.

As for The Netherlands umbrella, I haven't seen any sales since RF sold one almost two years ago for $60.

I bought one of the umbrellas from The Netherlands. Thanks again Niels and Dez!!!

Mine isn't for sale. If I considered selling it, I wouldn't accept less than $100. I think I'd try for $150.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Netherlands one. I bought it from Niels and Dez also, and I've never opened it. I hear that's bad luck.

If I knew there was a Korean one, I've totally forgotten about it.

Thanks for the info Jerome and Brian!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Late as usual...I have a Roman numbered one in BLACK felt, not white

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Late as usual...I have a Roman numbered one in BLACK felt, not white
    A Roman numbered MM umbrella?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 567 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 ... LastLast