Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 563 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,825 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Is a WHSmith purple edition less more or less desirable if the sticker has been removed from the DJ?
    It came with the sticker as published. I would say it should have the sticker. If not, it could be worth less, but that's subjective. Some people wouldn't care.

Personally, I remove the publisher's sticker, cover the jacket in a Brodart and place the sticker on the Brodart. That way it isn't on the jacket where it could potentially cause damage, but it's still present with the book.
    Thanks, Brian. I've been debating whether or not to purchase a copy with the sticker removed. Honestly, I think it'd bug me to no end but wanted to get some others thoughts on the subject.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If your other books do have the sticker, then the new one(s) also should have it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This probably isn't the right place to ask but with the acquisition of two bookcases; I was thinking of displaying them in the dining room. The room gets plenty of natural light but no direct sunlight. Are DJs prone to spine fade even when not in direct sunlight? Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think that depends on the book itself. Personally I've had all my King books in our living room in our previous place for several years. Plenty of natural light (not directly on the books but ambient if that is the right word) and I never had any problems. I did however place some of the books that I know are very susceptible to spine fading with the spine facing inwards (UK Dead Zone, US 'Salem's Lot, COTW for example). Generally speaking the red hues are most susceptible to fading but it also depends on the quality of the DJ. I think you should be careful with older books but the newer ones? I don't know.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Generally speaking the red hues are most susceptible to fading but it also depends on the quality of the DJ.
    Is it that the red hues are more susceptible or that fading is more noticeable with those colors? I always thought all books/DJs/colors could fade with sun bleaching.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

All colors can fade I guess (although I've never seen black on a DJ fade but that isn't technically a color ) but the reds are the first to go, AFAIK.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This probably isn't the right place to ask but with the acquisition of two bookcases; I was thinking of displaying them in the dining room. The room gets plenty of natural light but no direct sunlight. Are DJs prone to spine fade even when not in direct sunlight? Thanks!
    My office doesn't get direct light any time of day but I still was worried so I just put Gila UV film on the windows. It's knocks out 95% of UV light which is what fades them. It's not cheap ($30 a roll) but it's worth the peace of mind (and it adds privacy)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    My office doesn't get direct light any time of day but I still was worried so I just put Gila UV film on the windows. It's knocks out 95% of UV light which is what fades them. It's not cheap ($30 a roll) but it's worth the peace of mind (and it adds privacy)
    That’s a great tip. I was wondering if there was something like that to treat the glass doors of the bookshelves I want. Thanks!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    That’s a great tip. I was wondering if there was something like that to treat the glass doors of the bookshelves I want. Thanks!
    There is clear or tinted UV window film available in various sizes. Amazon, Lowe's, Home Depot all have it or can get it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys! I'm thinking I'll just cover the glass on the bookcases and I should be good to go.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I put it on the window, not only does it help protect the books, but it also helps keep the room cooler.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I put it on the window, not only does it help protect the books, but it also helps keep the room cooler.
    Correct. Double the benefit.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen this before? Someone was querying about it on Facebook and (to me) the signature looks legitimate. (Facsimile on a limited paste down?)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Has anyone seen this before? Someone was querying about it on Facebook and (to me) the signature looks legitimate.

Wow no... and it’s numbered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen that before in the 10 years or so since I started collecting (granted, I never collected or searched for signed editions, so it doesn't prove much). But it looks like a new find!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i hadnt seen it before either..the book is in rough condition unfortunately

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen this before? Someone was querying about it on Facebook and (to me) the signature looks legitimate. (Facsimile on a limited paste down?)

Maybe it was something he did specially for that book store. Promo for Four Past Midnight.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I received this description:

Nice First Edition First Printing of Four Past Midnight by Stephen King. This has a signed bookplate affixed, part of a giveaway the occurred at 4 past midnight on the day of release. King signed a total of 25 bookplates for this drawing. This is number 8.
    In read but very good condition. No rips, tears or writing to pages. Top closed pageline shows some age spotting and darkening.

My Mood
    Chatty

So now would this be considered an “official” signed limited edition?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not yet. We would prefer a secondary source confirm the info.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a signed limited bookplate anyway.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't consider this a signed limited anymore then I would consider the copies of Sleeping Beauties given out on the book tour.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't consider this a signed limited anymore then I would consider the copies of Sleeping Beauties given out on the book tour.
    Signed copies given out on tour (which are no different to King signing a book on his way to a car) are very different to a limited number of signed books with a specific bookplate. I see this copy is more akin to the Folio Society Shining or even the Hodder limiteds.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed copies given out on tour (which are no different to King signing a book on his way to a car) are very different to a limited number of signed books with a specific bookplate. I see this copy is more akin to the Folio Society Shining or even the Hodder limiteds.
    The books given out on the tour are closer to this book then a book signed on the way to his car. Although there is no bookplate, it was still given a "limitation" of 400 per event, and there was a limited number of events. Both were given to random patrons of the store/event. I suspect the bookplates are all in a normal trade hardcover. Do we even know if they are all 1st/1st's? This was done after publication and not published as a signed limited, but rather are normal books enhanced by a signature on a bookplate.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Chatty

It’s times like these I really feel for the completists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 567 FirstFirst ... 13 413 463 503 511 512 513 514 515 523 563 ... LastLast