Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 567 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Has anyone noticed just how hard it is to find the Dark Tower Viking editions in first printing, fine condition? I sold my only spare set to a fellow collector on these boards last year and am having a whale of a tough time replacing them. The hardest one to find is The Wastelands.

Someone once posted here, I think, that the first printings were limited to 40,000, which might explain a lot.

Wiz, sent you a PM.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Has anyone noticed just how hard it is to find the Dark Tower Viking editions in first printing, fine condition? I sold my only spare set to a fellow collector on these boards last year and am having a whale of a tough time replacing them. The hardest one to find is The Wastelands.

Someone once posted here, I think, that the first printings were limited to 40,000, which might explain a lot.

Wiz, sent you a PM.
    J-

Got it. Thank you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All,

I need four Castle Rock newsletters:

February 1986
    February 1987
    September 1987
    November 1987

Does anybody happen to have these that they would want to part with?

Thanks in advance!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana-

Thank you very much. She and I just made a deal on a Viking Wastelands.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    All,

I need four Castle Rock newsletters:

February 1986
    February 1987
    September 1987
    November 1987

Does anybody happen to have these that they would want to part with?

Thanks in advance!
    Ive got all the ones you need PM me
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Cooch - do you perchance have Jan, Mar, Apr, May, and June from '89, too? Those are my only holes in the entire set.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice Glass is on a distinguished road Glass's Avatar

Default 2004 King / Whelan Signing Event?

Hi Everyone,

I am writing an article over the weekend concerning a very cool experience I had, which included Steve. In 2004, when The Dark Tower was released, Steve and Michael Whelan only had one event together, at an independent bookstore in Massachusetts I believe.

Does anyone know the name of the store they signed at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shawn

PS: Sorry for posting this in two places. I was told posting here might make for better information.
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Country
    Country Flag

Chooch took care of me!

Now I have a complete set.

Thanks for your help man! It is appreciated!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just Books
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats, lop !

So nice of you, Chooch!

I love how everyone on this site helps one another out.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The bookstore was called JUST BOOKS?
    Order The Talisman: The Road of Trials comic book set signed by Robin Furth and Tony Shasteen at The Signed Page!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I received a query from someone who asked whether there were two known variants of the dust jacket for The Dark Half. This person has one with King's name in orange on the front and the other with the name in yellow. Also, the author's name on the spine is slightly larger on the yellow version vs. the orange.

I don't recall hearing about variants for this dust jacket, and since I'm partly colorblind I might not have noticed this on my own. It seems like the price is the same on both of these DJs.

Anyone know anything about this?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Bev -

The one listed in the Catalog here appears to be yellow ( and there's just the one listed ).

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1034

At least to me, it looks yellow. Some might actually call it Orange. Could it just be a perception of the individual thing?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Thanks, Tippy! Great photos. Can I use them in my article?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I received a query from someone who asked whether there were two known variants of the dust jacket for The Dark Half. This person has one with King's name in orange on the front and the other with the name in yellow. Also, the author's name on the spine is slightly larger on the yellow version vs. the orange.

I don't recall hearing about variants for this dust jacket, and since I'm partly colorblind I might not have noticed this on my own. It seems like the price is the same on both of these DJs.

Would love to hear clarification but I'm guessing that printing vagaries, combined with years of exposure to direct/indirect (ambient) light have resulted in what once were a uniform DJ color being different-particularly with reds and oranges.
    I have several The Eyes of the Dragon books with markedly different colors of the lettering (the green dragon scale seems to remain uniform in color)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Would love to hear clarification but I'm guessing that printing vagaries, combined with years of exposure to direct/indirect (ambient) light have resulted in what once were a uniform DJ color being different-particularly with reds and oranges.
    I have several The Eyes of the Dragon books with markedly different colors of the lettering (the green dragon scale seems to remain uniform in color)
    Initially I also assumed that the "yellow" variant was just the result of sun fading. But the person told Bev that the font size of King's name is different (larger) on the spine of the "yellow" variant. I think it might be a proof variant or rejected dj design. Sort of like all the ROSE MADDER dj variants.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

yes, it was called just books
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

and now I see the pics
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure...I did not take them...but I doubt the guy who sent them to me four years ago will mind.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawn, are your questions sufficiently answered?

If so, we'll go ahead and merge this into the booksigning thread, as that is the topic to which it pertains.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bev, would you be able to get this person to take a photo of them together?
    (Front and spine)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

the store is in Greenwich Connecticut, not in Mass.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Initially I also assumed that the "yellow" variant was just the result of sun fading. But the person told Bev that the font size of King's name is different (larger) on the spine of the "yellow" variant. I think it might be a proof variant or rejected dj design. Sort of like all the ROSE MADDER dj variants.
    I have heard about the Rose Madder rejected dustjackets in the past. Does anyone have the different ones? If so, could you post pics of them? Or does anyone know where pics may already be located on the net? Thanks!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe jhanic has posted an alternate Rose Madder cover somewhere in the forum, but I don't remember which thread it's on. Maybe it should be included in the catalog?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 567 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast