Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 567 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A question about PINFALL.
    I thought that it was in an update of Rocky Wood's book or Justin's, but I cant find it, where it said that PINFALL wasnt written by King but by Romero?

But the comic version released in the CREEPSHOW 2 Arrow Video dvd/bluray, presents the story as : "based on a story by Stephen King, from a screenplay by George Romero"
    If I remember correctly, it was an outline of the plot written by King, and full screenplay by George?
    And talking about it, does anyone have it? I have saved some pictures which were shared online, but it seems incomplete
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

King talked about the story and George Romero included it in the script of Creepshow 2. It was never written by King.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    King talked about the story and George Romero included it in the script of Creepshow 2. It was never written by King.
    Are you sure about that Ari? According to Stephen J. Spignesi, it was based on an unpublished short story...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember reading in an updated source that the story was never written, only mentioned by King to Romero
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember reading in an updated source that the story was never written, only mentioned by King to Romero
    Yep, we are thinking about the same source, but cant find it anywhere...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Yep, we are thinking about the same source, but cant find it anywhere...
    Among previously unknown works are:
    Hatchet Head.
    The Ladies Room.
    and another incomplete ‘Western’ novel.
    Stephen King reveals more about his screenplay of:
    Asylum.
    The Street Kid’s Bible.
    The Accident.
    The Corner.
    On the Island.
    Pinfall.
    The Star Invaders.
    The Tommyknockers.
    The haunted radio station screenplay and his lost radio play. One of these tales would have been Richard Bachman original!
    And there are significant revisions to chapters such as
    The Reploids.
    The Huffman Story
    Squad D based on information exclusively provided for this edition by Stephen King!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Were the last three DARK TOWER books (Calla, Susanna and Tower) published in small size UK paperbacks? I always get A and B formats mixed up. I just noticed I have them in the trade or larger size, but not in the normal paperback small size. Any info about the first UK state of these would be appreciated!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope this link can be of some help:

http://www.roog.nu/stephenking/darktower/#uk

Books 567 were at least published by NEL/Hodder in both A- and B-format during 2003-2006.
    Not sure about those being first editions.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Hope this link can be of some help:

http://www.roog.nu/stephenking/darktower/#uk

Books 567 were at least published by NEL/Hodder in both A- and B-format during 2003-2006.
    Not sure about those being first editions.
    Well, that's overwhelming, to say the least. I'm sure what I'm looking for is there. Love those embargoed proofs!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The A-format UK paperbacks of 5, 6 and 7 definitely exist - you can see them here - but I don't know if they were released inside the UK; they may have only been available as international editions. I bought these in Germany or Switzerland, I think.

HBJ

Of course, now I REALLY want them!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a great blog post last year by Bryant Burnette about "Pinfall" and the Blu-ray release of Creepshow 2. He makes a good case for King writing the synopsis of the story, with Romero writing the rest. I had no idea that a Pinfall comic book was made!

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...f-pinfall.html

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sigh. I likely already know the answer but...
    I recently bought a UK Pet Sematary from the UK and received it today. No price on DJ but copyright page says "first published in 1983" and Hodder published this book. Did I get a BCE?

There should be a price of 8 pounds and 95 pence on the dust jacket.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like an export copy

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It should clearly say on the copyright page if it's a BCE. Either Guild Publishing or Book Club Associates, I would think.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, sounds like an export copy. Australia is full of UK export copies.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks fellas.
    Pardon my ignorance here but is an export copy the same as a BCE?
    In regards to Jack's statement it doesn't say book club anywhere. The copyright page looks like a first hence why I stupidly didn't ask if there was a price on the DJ. I bought this through ABE's and I really don't want to return it to the UK. However, if it's some edition with no value maybe I should

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Thanks fellas.
    Pardon my ignorance here but is an export copy the same as a BCE?
    In regards to Jack's statement it doesn't say book club anywhere. The copyright page looks like a first hence why I stupidly didn't ask if there was a price on the DJ. I bought this through ABE's and I really don't want to return it to the UK. However, if it's some edition with no value maybe I should
    Value wise..its going to be BCE-esque. Basically they are UK editions with a different dj "for export" to other countries(markets). Like Antoni said..Australia is basically flooded with them ..Depending on how much you paid, Id personally send it back

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I’d send it back because it is not a True first. It sits somewhere between BCE and 1st (closer to - 1st, but not close enough).

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lesson learned. Always, ALWAYS double check for a DJ price. I will be returning it. If ABE's ever gets back online that is.
    Thanks for the info guys!

Country
    Country Flag

How many UK Whsmith purple variants are there?
    - Revival
    - Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers, End of Watch
    - The bazar of bad dreams
    - Sleeping Beauties

Did I forget something? Does anyone have a picture of all of them next to each other?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

- Revival
    - Sleeping Beauties

Did I forget something? Does anyone have a picture of all of them next to each other?
    Just wait for Bruce....

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

- Revival
    - Sleeping Beauties

There is also a Doctor Sleep... I think?

https://media.karousell.com/media/ph...4_681e2195.jpg
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 501 of 567 FirstFirst ... 401 451 491 499 500 501 502 503 511 551 ... LastLast