+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch, I like the site! Really easy to navigate. Good thing I have no spare cash for goodies right now....

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks great, Hutch, especially since the others already vetted all those little quirks you have since fixed.

I do have the issue that the "US Proofs" link wraps the word "Proof" onto a second line all the way over to the left (like what Mr. RT said on the previous thread page) which looks a little funny.

Looking at the site just reminded me of all the books I don't have yet...
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It looks great, Hutch, especially since the others already vetted all those little quirks you have since fixed.

I do have the issue that the "US Proofs" link wraps the word "Proof" onto a second line all the way over to the left (like what Mr. RT said on the previous thread page) which looks a little funny.

Looking at the site just reminded me of all the books I don't have yet...
    The page automatically adjusts to your monitor settings ( size ) and the width of the window in your browser. I've been trying to figure out a method of taking care of that as well. However, it does not seem to be something I can control at this time. I have an idea I may try within the week. Thanks much and keep the suggestions coming.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a suggestion: Sell me the Skeleton Crew S/L for half price.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Here's a suggestion: Sell me the Skeleton Crew S/L for half price.
    Per the original request " I would appreciate any feedback you can give me as to it's design and functionality. "

I knew someone would have to be a clown. I'm stunned that it took this long.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm on Patrick's team!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I had to wipe the drool off my laptop after looking at that site.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have looked at your site many many times ! I like the new set-up, it is easier to navigate and i like the way the books come up under each heading.
    great !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    I have looked at your site many many times ! I like the new set-up, it is easier to navigate and i like the way the books come up under each heading.
    great !
    thanks...I've been fighting the site for years. I think it's closer to where I want it to be. I think I can finally feel comfortable adding more items. While doing the redesign I was shocked to see how little I have listed there. No wonder I'm practically tripping over books all the time.

I'm still trying to work out bugs for international shipping. The way it is right now international buyers cannot complete the checkout. It instructs them to email me via email after failed attempts. By this time I'm sure many are so frustrated they don't want to proceed with the purchase.

I think I have assign a shipping weight to each item, assigning either a parcel or envelope packaging, allow a couple of shipping options and go with a dymanic shipping calculator. It will make my description writing more difficult but will allow fully automated checkout for all if I can figure out how to do it.

It may be above my technical expertise.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Hutch,

What about adding a 'Help' section on the bottom of the home page or a 'Frequently asked Question'?. To cover questions on shipping cost, method of shipping, payment methods accepted, etc.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Hutch,

What about adding a 'Help' section on the bottom of the home page or a 'Frequently asked Question'?. To cover questions on shipping cost, method of shipping, payment methods accepted, etc.
    Good idea. It should be good to have anyways. But even better for those bugs I can't fix or am working on.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Hutch,

Good idea. It should be good to have anyways. But even better for those bugs I can't fix or am working on.
    Update: Added the beginnings of a Help/FAQ page.

Keep the ideas regarding functionality and design coming. I appreciate the input.

http://www.stephenkingbuy.com

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Would you mind if I used your banner image and add you to our links directory Hutch? The site looks really good.

Not sure if you have considered a links page for your site but we would love to be on it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hutch,

Keep the ideas regarding functionality and design coming. I appreciate the input.

Hi Hutch,

I have looked at your site many times too and it's looks really good.
    Here are some suggestions:

Design:
    1) The Logo is too little, Do you like something simple like this?

Example 1

Example 2

Options:
    1) Could you make "Order by price" in the web site sections?

If you will need graphic help, please send me a PM, I will be very happy to help you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    Hutch,

Hi Hutch,

I have looked at your site many times too and it's looks really good.
    Here are some suggestions:

Design:
    1) The Logo is too little, Do you like something simple like this?

Example 1

Example 2

Options:
    1) Could you make "Order by price" in the web site sections?

If you will need graphic help, please send me a PM, I will be very happy to help you.

One thing I liked a bunch in you examples was your ability to remove the white background around the www.stephenkingbuy.com logo. How did you do that?

I also have the inventory items sorted alphabetically. I do this because many of my books are condition sensitive and when I list multiple copies of the same title potential customers can see the differences in condition more easily.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Dave-

As I have been away for 10 days, it looks like you've been helped a lot already. I took a look and did not see anything obvious that I would recommend changing.

Overall, the site looks great, fresh, and appealing to the eye.

Very nice work.

Best,

David

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dave,

the site is very nice and It's very nice the new logo
    ------------

Hi David, Welcome back!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    Dave,

the site is very nice and It's very nice the new logo
    ------------

Hi David, Welcome back!!!!!!
    thanks for your suggestions and offer to help. Very useful

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Hi Dave-

As I have been away for 10 days, it looks like you've been helped a lot already. I took a look and did not see anything obvious that I would recommend changing.

Very nice work.

Best,

David
    It's been quite the chore. I'm trying brand the auctions to the website so they resemble each other without actually directing ebay users to the website. Right now I have four auctions running and each one is different from the one listed earlier. The most recent is where I currently stand in the transition.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZhutch

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Hi Dave-

Very nice work.

Best,

David
    It's been quite the chore. I'm trying brand the auctions to the website so they resemble each other without actually directing ebay users to the website. Right now I have four auctions running and each one is different from the one listed earlier. The most recent is where I currently stand in the transition.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZhutch
    And this particular auction is History! Thanks Hutch!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dead Zone Easton Press 1993

I have just got ahold of this edition and I'm somewhat confused. My edition has a "Gold " bookmark while I here of editions with a "Blue" bookmark. Do any of you have any idea as to

1 -Why a publisher would do that ?

2- Are there other colors ?

3 - Which one would be the " Most Rare" of the two ?

4 - How many of you have which color ?

This is really just a sanity check for me because I think the Edition itself is beautifuly done. Thank you !!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've wondered some of those questions myself. I have three copies of the 1993 first Easton Press edition. Two have gold ribbon bookmarks while one has a blue one. I have no idea if one is more rare than the other or if one has temporal precedence over the other. Good topic for discussion.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to dig out my copy and see what color bookmark is in it. I didn't know there were variations.

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could this be due to the second printing? Maybe it has a different coloured bookmark? I know the Easton Press doesn't change the copyright pages for subsequent printings, although for this book, something on the spine is supposed to distinguish the printings (its slipped my mind). Food for thought anyways...

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I don't know the specifics, but there are obvious differences to the spine between the first and second printings. As for the ribbon, I have no idea!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 567 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast