Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 497 of 567 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Question on the Talisman S/L Presentation state of 70 copies - since the lettered are part of the 70, if the Lettered are 52 copies, then when does the number starts and ends? Does anyone know?
    I assume the lettered books are in a class all on their own.The 1-70 & then the lettered A-?.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Question on the Talisman S/L Presentation state of 70 copies - since the lettered are part of the 70, if the Lettered are 52 copies, then when does the number starts and ends? Does anyone know?
    I’m with Bruce on this one, Juliana. I used to own #4 of the Presentation state and I’m sure I’ve seen #70. I think the Lettered is a separate run using the same signature page. I’ve only seen as high as ‘T’ for the Lettered. I think there are only 26 lettereds at the most.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I’m with Bruce on this one, Juliana. I used to own #4 of the Presentation state and I’m sure I’ve seen #70. I think the Lettered is a separate run using the same signature page. I’ve only seen as high as ‘T’ for the Lettered. I think there are only 26 lettereds at the most.
    I'd go along with 2 separate states, even though the signature page is exactly the same. I have the Letter "T", but my number is only #26. If Jon has seen #70, then it must be 2 separate states.

Does the signature page read THIS PRESENTATION COPY # T OF 70 COPIES or something else in the lettered state?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Does the signature page read THIS PRESENTATION COPY # T OF 70 COPIES or something else in the lettered state?
    My old copy had the same signature page and read THIS PRESENTATION COPY # K of 70 copies.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of you may remember the conversation we had here on my copy. Many thought I had Letter BB. It was hard to really make it out.

So I had a discussion with Robert at Grant about it and sent him the book for clarification. He couldn't find any records of a Lettered BB. He made it a Presentation Copy and sent it back with a letter explaining:

So, this all makes it clear as mud now, right? hahaha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I just picked up this book for less than $100... now just time to wait and see if it's actually what he says it is...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183002189852

Edit: he had 2 so I bought both. If they are actually the S/L I just got 2 for $176...if not I'll just send them back no harm no foul

Maybe someone here who is in touch with say Dameron or Maitz could ask them just how many signature sheets they signed in total?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Well I just picked up this book for less than $100... now just time to wait and see if it's actually what he says it is...

Edit: he had 2 so I bought both. If they are actually the S/L I just got 2 for $176...if not I'll just send them back no harm no foul
    I don't know what that is.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Description says Grant signed limited... guess I'll see when they get here

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Some of you may remember the conversation we had here on my copy. Many thought I had Letter BB. It was hard to really make it out.

So I had a discussion with Robert at Grant about it and sent him the book for clarification. He couldn't find any records of a Lettered BB. He made it a Presentation Copy and sent it back with a letter explaining:

Mulleins
    I would go crazy if somebody would make such a modification on my book without consent

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

Mulleins
    I would go crazy if somebody would make such a modification on my book without consent

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    It does not say that the book was modified after the fact...Just that it is considered a PC copy because it is illegible. & unclear just what its number or letter is.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Maybe someone here who is in touch with say Dameron or Maitz could ask them just how many signature sheets they signed in total?
    I suppose I could email Robert at DMG to ask about this.....we'll see if he replies.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't show the Grant limited edition. Perhaps he used a stock photo of an European book. It's worth a shot on the chance they really are Grant S/Ls.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't show the Grant limited edition. Perhaps he used a stock photo of an European book. It's worth a shot on the chance they really are Grant S/Ls.
    Here is another one. Seems like with the same of the last 2 he upped his price. My 2 shipped out today so I'll know if I got deal of the century or not in a few days.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F183007585121

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW they started listing some Centipede Press books recently and the first ones were significantly mis-described. Described as hardcover limiteds when they were really paperback trade. I sent them an email with no response, and then after a second email they didn't respond but they changed the listing.

That said, I think that you made the right choice - for <$200 it was worth the gamble to get two S/L, especially since you should have no problems returning them do to clear mislabeling should they not be limiteds...

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I now own #70/70. Bought it a couple of years ago, can't remember from where, probably ebay.

I also own Letter G/70?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is another one. Seems like with the same of the last 2 he upped his price. My 2 shipped out today so I'll know if I got deal of the century or not in a few days.

So the "books" came in today. I was supposed to receive 2 signed limited edition Desperations... Instead I received, wait for it.... eyeliner... not just eyeliner but they went to amazon and bought fucking eyeliner and shipped it to me instead of themselves.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So the "books" came in today. I was supposed to receive 2 signed limited edition Desperations... Instead I received, wait for it.... eyeliner... not just eyeliner but they went to amazon and bought fucking eyeliner and shipped it to me instead of themselves.
    What shade of color?...come on man...details are important.

Hahahaha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What shade of color?...come on man...details are important.

Hahahaha

Mulleins
    "Deepest black" made in Germany

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Will you be publishing this "Desperation" eyeliner, with pictures, on the New Pride and Joy thread? Will you show pictures with you wearing this eyeliner? Close ups?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just when you think you’ve heard it all.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

At least you didn't say "fifty shades of grey".

Mulleins

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, sorry to hear. Although it still is pretty funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 497 of 567 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 ... LastLast