+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 567 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    I recently received a copy of DT VII from ebay, and while it is only a first print trade edition, I did manage to scoop it up for .99. It is brand new so regardless of it not being worth money, I can not complain due to the price. I do have a new question now. I thought Grant only handled the limited prints. Why did they do this printing of DT VII that will not be worth money later?
    Grant published the trade editions of DTV, VI and VII in conjunction with Scribner so that the "constant reader" could get a copy without paying big bucks. The AEs of DTV, VI, and VII were published exclusively through Grant and are the "equivalent" of the trade editions of DTI-DTIV.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All very good answers, but the best is collect what makes you ( and your wallet) happy. I think once your bride is done with the Stand she will be hooked..thats the book that got me
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The mail finally ran and I have the results of going ebay crazy. A total of six pkgs arrived and I was thrilled to see the word media mall. I thought my AE copy of The Little Sisters of Eluria would be there. It was not but I did receive two copies of DT VI (both were trade editions but one was brand new one used) DT V (like new copy) the two copies of The Stand (I now see what you guys mean by the quality of a bce) one like new that my wife took to read, and a copy of Gunslinger Born (new). Total bids and shipping around $25 so if I only counted the price of the new books, I figure I saved around $65 by using ebay. I might not have aquired books with collectors value, but I am thrilled to have V VI VII (with the Little Sisters on the way) of a series I decided to start less than a month ago. Money will be tight for awhile and I can not wait until I actually start the collector's part of book buying.

One question to anyone who reads. If I look through the comic will I spoil anything from the first book?

Please excuse the writing above. My excitement got the best of me so I did a poor quick job of rambling.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt, as long as you're fairly careful, that any harm will come to Gunslinger Born. But beware that oscar in the tank above the picture. They LOVE books!

John

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol, yeah, that one likes to splash. I should have been more clear in my question. I am completely new to comics, so if I read Born, will it reveal anything from the story that I might not want to know just yet? I have not started the series yet. Thanks for the quick reply jhanic.

Country
    Country Flag

Lol, yeah, that one likes to splash. I should have been more clear in my question. I am completely new to comics, so if I read Born, will it reveal anything from the story that I might not want to know just yet? I have not started the series yet. Thanks for the quick reply jhanic.
    It'll spoil DTIV: Wizard and Glass.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Born is a re telling of the 4th book Wizard and Glass

The arc with certainly spoil if you have not read the books yet.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a ton. I will put it under lock and key till I finish the series.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Gunslinger Born is a re telling of the 4th book Wizard and Glass

The arc with certainly spoil if you have not read the books yet.
    Just my opinion here but DT IV is the best out there and although GSB retells some of the story it is some what from a diferent prospective and could enhance the first three books. There is alot of character developement that goes into this part of the story that may make everything more enjoyable.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree. But I still think a person should read the books before diving into the comics.

It's just a fuller picture.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Heres a question to owners of "Children of the Night" by Dan Simmons lettered edition:

Does the lettered edition from Lord John Press come with a slipcase, or only the deluxe edition? I can't seem to find any info online.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just spoke with Herb Yellin, Owner, Publisher from Lord John Press.
    The lettered edition was bound in leather, and thus did not come with a slipcase. Only the Deluxe edition came with a slipcase.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Oscar-Red or Orange?

PS, pic of my Green Terror here:
    Collector's Picture Emporium #883

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The lettered edition was bound in leather, and thus did not come with a slipcase. Only the Deluxe edition came with a slipcase.
    Thanks a lot Jerome! (Or should I say "The Man with All the Answers"?)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. One is red and the other albino (I think)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes the right is an albino-I used to raise Oscar's. Surprised two fish that large don't fight to the point of injuring each other.
    Check out my Green Terror:
    Collector's Picture Emporium #883

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Be careful, I think your oscar is thinking "those books look delicious".
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Dug this memory up. If I am close to right it was 1.5 years ago.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Heres a question to owners of "Children of the Night" by Dan Simmons lettered edition:

Does the lettered edition from Lord John Press come with a slipcase, or only the deluxe edition? I can't seem to find any info online.
    The lettered edition of 26 did not come with a slipcase. The numbered edition of 500 did come with a slipcase. I don't have a copy of the deluxe of 250 edition so I don't know about that one.

Oops. I didn't see that the question had already been answered.

Country
    Country Flag

The funny story behind these guys goes like this. The wife decided she wanted some pretty little fish to decorate the living room. She had no idea what an oscar was and since they looked so so cute small she let me talk her into getting them. Needless to say she was a bit shocked at how they turned out, but I could not let her girly up my living room. I just could not see little neons next to my big screen and ps3 setup.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks a lot Jerome! (Or should I say "The Man with All the Answers"?)
    I have a few of the answers, Bob has all of the books.

Country
    Country Flag

haha thats true. And on that note - Bob:

Being that you're the only one I know with all the Centipede Press books - are the "Masters of the Weird Tale" series going to be a uniform set? (Aside from the fact that the Lovecraft is two volume) In terms of height and materials? And does Jerad plan more outside the five that have already been announced/released?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

haha thats true. And on that note - Bob:

Being that you're the only one I know with all the Centipede Press books - are the "Masters of the Weird Tale" series going to be a uniform set? (Aside from the fact that the Lovecraft is two volume) In terms of height and materials? And does Jerad plan more outside the five that have already been announced/released?
    You should ask Jerad for a definitive answer. I can tell you that the Blackwood and Lovecraft slipcased editions are the same height and have spine printing of author, title, etc. that is uniform. The binding is of different material but they look like they go together on the shelf as a set.

The deluxe leather Blackwood edition is really really big. I don't think that Jerad has yet published the leather Lovecraft edition.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

..... but I could not let her girly up my living room.
    Man you are messing with fire there....
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 567 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast