Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 567 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,225 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the one I had has/had the sticker. Perhaps Glenn or some other owner can chime in.

EDIT: If only 10 came with the sticker, I should have charged double...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm sure the one I had has/had the sticker. Perhaps Glenn or some other owner can chime in.
    Correct. Yours was a prize copy originally. 1/10 or a giveaway through another company. Not one of the 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Correct. Yours was a prize copy originally. Not one of the 100.

Mine does not have the sticker. It does have the bookplate inside. My book was unwrapped, and i assumed the person that sold it to me was not a collector and threw the sticker away.

I will up my trade offer to 3 sleeping beauties signed and 1 signed revival

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct. Yours was a prize copy originally. 1/10 or a giveaway through another company. Not one of the 100.

It's illogical that they would sticker the 10 won by non-customers, and not sticker the other 100 won by customers for easy identification. Think about it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Mine does not have the sticker. It does have the bookplate inside. My book was unwrapped, and i assumed the person that sold it to me was not a collector and threw the sticker away.

I will up my trade offer to 3 sleeping beauties signed and 1 signed revival
    Yours was probably one of the 100 randomly distributed. This is what I’m told.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It's illogical that they would sticker the 10 won by non-customers, and not sticker the other 100 won by customers for easy identification. Think about it.
    Well you call them Then Jerome. I didn’t have to think about it because it’s what I was told. SMH

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, sorry but that makes no sense. Are you sure the person you spoke too was certain?

The signed books were originally made available through a prize draw system. 100 were available to anyone who purchased a book from the Folio Society (not specifically The Shining) and 10 books were available for anyone who just entered the draw without a purchase.
    It wasnt just a random chance of buying the book and potentially getting a signed copy. Winners of the draw were officially notified that they would be receiving the book. Winners were also encouraged to announce their good fortune via Facebook and Twitter and many did at the time (far more than 10)

I think the person you spoke too is incorrect.

See the Catalog entry, the prize draw (buying ANY book) is confirmed by Edward Cornthwaite (Membership Secretary)- here is his email:

Dear Mr Krynsky

I would be happy to clarify. The first four statements of your email are indeed correct. As to the fifth, one can only enter the draw once, even if you enter and then later purchase a book. I can also confirm that the draw can be entered on the purchase of any book, not solely 'The Shining'. With regards to the print run for the book, please be aware that this is not an exact science, as it were. There were roughly 2,500 copies printed in all. I can also confirm that the book does indeed have a slipcase. This is true for all of our book unless otherwise stated.

I do hope that this clarifies matters.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Kris, sorry but that makes no sense. Are you sure the person you spoke too was certain?

The signed books were originally made available through a prize draw system. 100 were available to anyone who purchased a book from the Folio Society (not specifically The Shining) and 10 books were available for anyone who just entered the draw without a purchase.
    It wasnt just a random chance of buying the book and potentially getting a signed copy. Winners of the draw were officially notified that they would be receiving the book. Winners were also encouraged to announce their good fortune via Facebook and Twitter and many did at the time (far more than 10)

I think the person you spoke too is incorrect.

See the Catalog entry, the prize draw (buying ANY book) is confirmed by Edward Cornthwaite (Membership Secretary)- here is his email:

Dear Mr Krynsky

I would be happy to clarify. The first four statements of your email are indeed correct. As to the fifth, one can only enter the draw once, even if you enter and then later purchase a book. I can also confirm that the draw can be entered on the purchase of any book, not solely 'The Shining'. With regards to the print run for the book, please be aware that this is not an exact science, as it were. There were roughly 2,500 copies printed in all. I can also confirm that the book does indeed have a slipcase. This is true for all of our book unless otherwise stated.

I do hope that this clarifies matters.

Kind regards

Edward Cornthwaite
    Membership Secretary
    The Folio Society
    www.foliosociety.com
    I am just going by what he said. Maybe he was wrong then. All I can say...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;1084197]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So it was probably also with me, the sticker is missing.

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever you are out there... That asked someone to contact me to help me.... THANK YOU. I wish I could thank you myself. BEST wishes and thoughts coming your way.. from me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Like Kris said, the exact numbers would not be known to anyone but Upper Deck, only the odds:

B&W AUTOGRAPHS - #150 Stephen King - Author A (1 per 27,072 packs)
    AUTOGRAPHS: - #A-SK Stephen King - Author B (1 per 4,914 packs)
    AUTOGRAPHS INSCRIBED - #A-SK Stephen King "They All Float" - Author (#/ 20)
    GOUDEY AUTOGRAPHS - #G25 Stephen King - Author C (1 per 22,733 packs)
    To add to this:

BLACK AND WHITE / SIGNED IN SILVER PEN

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

BLUE SHIRT / RED BACKGROUND

If we are going to put these in the STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLE BOOKS (which should probably be renamed STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLES), then we should put all four.
    True eh? I almost would put in just the signed limiteds.... but I can see the argument for a completist.
    I think we've already said that something doesn't need to be numbered in order to be a signed limited. Since these are officially signed cards, and are limited by the rarity per pack, they should also be included.
    Agreed. They DEF should be in there. I thought Rick was referring to the ones with the shirts. I realize he was not. They should be in the signed limited catalogue no question... I mean we have a guitar there don't we?

Moving this from the Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales thread......

I am of the opinion that anything made to be signed by King should reside in the STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLES section.

As an example, when DT7 was about to be published, King's office sent out a bunch of Dark Tower Bookmarks and Postcards that King signed.

Similarly, King supported a Maine Politician by signing a bunch of bookplate stickers designed just for that political fundraiser.

Even though the print run of all three items are unknown (at least to us), they are still signed limited editions in my eyes.

These four trading cards were specifically designed to be signed. Actually...there were three that were designed to be signed......but apparently 20 of the "guitar" cards also got a number and "They All Float"
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Kris said, the exact numbers would not be known to anyone but Upper Deck, only the odds:

To add to this:

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

If we are going to put these in the STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLE BOOKS (which should probably be renamed STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLES), then we should put all four.
    True eh? I almost would put in just the signed limiteds.... but I can see the argument for a completist.
    I think we've already said that something doesn't need to be numbered in order to be a signed limited. Since these are officially signed cards, and are limited by the rarity per pack, they should also be included.
    Agreed. They DEF should be in there. I thought Rick was referring to the ones with the shirts. I realize he was not. They should be in the signed limited catalogue no question... I mean we have a guitar there don't we?

Moving this from the Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales thread......

I am of the opinion that anything made to be signed by King should reside in the STEPHEN KING COLLECTIBLES section.

As an example, when DT7 was about to be published, King's office sent out a bunch of Dark Tower Bookmarks and Postcards that King signed.

Similarly, King supported a Maine Politician by signing a bunch of bookplate stickers designed just for that political fundraiser.

Even though the print run of all three items are unknown (at least to us), they are still signed limited editions in my eyes.

These four trading cards were specifically designed to be signed. Actually...there were three that were designed to be signed......but apparently 20 of the "guitar" cards also got a number and "They All Float"

That could really expand the overall list. But... if the thread is now including anything officially signed and promoted by King, then yes I would agree that those be included. Are there other items to include??

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We may need a new section for the ephemeral, and bizarre.

Country
    Country Flag

To add to this:

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

RED SHIRT / GUITAR

Rick do you think "signed limited" should be numbered then? I am curious is all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That could really expand the overall list. But... if the thread is now including anything officially signed and promoted by King, then yes I would agree that those be included. Are there other items to include??

I don't think there are really that many items out there....the Postcard, Bookmark and Political Book Plate are the only three I can come up with.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Many official S/L's (books) are not numbered.

Country
    Country Flag

Many official S/L's (books) are not numbered.
    True...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Rick do you think "signed limited" should be numbered then? I am curious is all.
    I do not think signed/limited must = numbered....cases in point the S/L My Pretty Pony, or the S/L Under The Dome, or the S/L 11/22/63.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no problem with that, it’s not much of an overhead and keeps books and everything else separate.

It would also mean we could remove some of the info that doesn’t apply (ISBN, etc) and maybe add something that is specific.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I do not think signed/limited must = numbered....cases in point the S/L My Pretty Pony, or the S/L Under The Dome, or the S/L 11/22/63.
    Yeah I forgot about them when I asked. Your right though... King would have signed a few things over the last 40 years or so.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I forgot about them when I asked. Your right though... King would have signed a few things over the last 40 years or so.
    I can't actually recall if 11/22/63 was numbered or not.....but the unnumbered US UTD and MPP were both made to be signed......just like those trading cards and postcards.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think to qualify there must be more than one of the item and it must have been generally available to the public.

If someone managed to have king sign their 5 tortoises I wouldn’t want to include them.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think to qualify there must be more than one of the item and it must have been generally available to the public.

If someone managed to have king sign their 5 tortoises I wouldn’t want to include them.
    But the tortoises were not made to be signed.....neither were the 4,000 copies of the US 1st of Sleeping Beauties he just signed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Yes I agree... more than one and made to the public. I think most items we can discuss here on a case by case basis. And I would not add the Sleeping Beauties as they were a not different. For instance, the Folio Shining has a book plate in it. FDNS has a different page. Something has to set it apart.... I guess I my thoughts.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

But the tortoises were not made to be signed.....neither were the 4,000 copies of the US 1st of Sleeping Beauties he just signed.
    Agreed. My definition would include any unique item created specifically with the intention for it to be signed and distributed would be my definition of a signed limited. It need not be numbered, as long as it was created to be signed.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 489 of 567 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 487 488 489 490 491 499 539 ... LastLast