Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 484 of 567 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 534 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Regarding THE COLORADO KID

According to the skcollector website : http://www.skcollector.com/uklimited/coloradokid.html
    There is a lettered edition that I do not see in the catalog of this board. And, 100 lettered copies : how come??
    Tomas is incorrect. There is no lettered edition, just a smaller numbered edition (33 of each Author - so 99, not 100) that is the equivalent of a lettered. Each book is traycased with colour and art work specific to each of the three authors. It is also signed by King and all of the authors, plus Charles Ardai.

Chadbourne
    Miller
    Potter
    Simon, would you not agree that the general consensus is that those 1/33 versions are considered the lettered?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, thats what I said "(33 of each Author - so 99, not 100) that is the equivalent of a lettered"

The original number was to be 52 signed by all three artists which would have been conventionally lettered A-Z and AA to AZ, however PS Publishing received permission to have more signed so they went for creating different covers and tray cases for each artist and numbered them 1-33 (it's hard to letter 99 copies!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Yes, thats what I said "(33 of each Author - so 99, not 100) that is the equivalent of a lettered"

The original number was to be 52 signed by all three artists which would have been conventionally lettered A-Z and AA to AZ, however PS Publishing received permission to have more signed so they went for creating different covers and tray cases for each artist and numbered them 1-33 (it's hard to letter 99 copies!)
    Cool info. I did not know that!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I am sure Simon will not mind me jumping in here.

It has been the topic of many discussions that if it is a number it cannot be considered a letter. So let us just say it is an equivalent.

It could just as well have been three "A" versions of Chadbourne, Miller and Potter than three at number "1". However it was not.
    So as I see it there are 33 sets numbered 1 - 33.
    A set comprising, blue, green and red, each one signed by King and the three artists (a main signature from each artist on their allotted colour).

I believe very few matching number sets exist and would love to hear of anyone that owns a same number set.
    By good fortune I own matching sets number 9 and 22.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    I am sure Simon will not mind me jumping in here.

It has been the topic of many discussions that if it is a number it cannot be considered a letter. So let us just say it is an equivalent.

It could just as well have been three "A" versions of Chadbourne, Miller and Potter than three at number "1". However it was not.
    So as I see it there are 33 sets numbered 1 - 33.
    A set comprising, blue, green and red, each one signed by King and the three artists (a main signature from each artist on their allotted colour).

I believe very few matching number sets exist and would love to hear of anyone that owns a same number set.
    By good fortune I own matching sets number 9 and 22.
    Hey Alec, And someone correct me I am wrong. But I know of a couple of sets besides yours. So got me wondering... Did the publisher PS allow people to buy matching numbers? I know they did not for the higher numbered version.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There are Colorado Kid Lettered editions. These are the PS Collector's Club Lettered Editions.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a Miller lettered equivalent. It's a beautiful production.

Just wish it was lettered, remember being disappointed as was due to be my first.

I think the catalog has the price wrong. I thought it was either £350 or £375

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the lettered ones are artist Remarque editions???

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    No, they're not.
    At least, mine isn't.

sk

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a numbering/lettering convention problem. I guess technically they'd be Deluxe Numbered (roughly equal in quantity to a standard Lettered edition) the way that is sounds. It's all really semantics though. I guess it doesn't matter which it is described as, as long as it was consistent. PS has them listed as a "Traycased Edition" on the limitation page, but since there were 3 artists, I guess that you would also have to label them by the Artist as well: Traycased Edition-Miller, Traycased Edition-Potter, etc.... or even Traycased Edition-Chadbourne(Red). It's all very messy in terms of understanding what this particular book is, unless you're familiar with the edition(s). Only to now get even messier with their NEW edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    No, they're not.
    At least, mine isn't.

sk
    Ah ok, wonder where I got that idea from. I'd love to see the signature sheet for that.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    No, they're not.
    At least, mine isn't.

sk
    Ah ok, wonder where I got that idea from. I'd love to see the signature sheet for that.

There you go, Shaq!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers. I have one of them too, Miller, 18. Love it. I class these as the lettered too, but I thought someone commissioned a set of Remarque in a version of the book and lettered them, 'A', 'B'........too. A little while after these were released. Maybe overlook, but could be wrong.

Y the way, started looking through your collection to find it, it is pretty amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Found it, quote on the collector site

'You may see some lettere copies with artist remarques, labled A-Z for sale on ebay or thru secondary sources. These are legitimate remarques in the unsigned edition, done aftermarket. They were then labled A-Z by the original seller. They are not a seperate lettered edition from the publisher.'

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, here are the limited editions that were released since 2014 :

2014 :
    - The Shining, by Subterranean Press : 42 illustrations by Vincent Chong
    - Carrie, by PS Publishing : 14 illustrations by Glenn Chadbourne
    - Carrie, by Cemetery Dance : 6 color illustrations by Tomislav Tikulin

- Thinner, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Les Edwards/Edward Miller
    - Skeleton Crew, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Pete Von Sholly

- Salem's Lot, by Cemetery Dance (2016 or 2017?) : X illustrations by David Palumbo
    - Salem's Lot, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Fangorn, with an intro by Neil Gaiman
    - The Shining, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Don Maitz (or is this 2017?)
    - The Shining, by The Folio Society : X illustrations by Edward Kinsella

- Gwendy's Button Box, by Cemetery Dance : X illustrations by Keith Minnion
    - The Shining, by Cemetery Dance : X illustrations by Don Maitz
    - Night Shift collection, by PS Publishing : 20 (?) illustrations by Dave McKean
    - The Colorado Kid, by PS Publishing : 18 illustrations by Dave McKean (according to Pete in the thread?), but only in the deluxe edition (to be released).

2018 (to be released)
    - Night Shift collection, by Cemetery Dance : 2 illustrations by Mark Stutzman, & 20 B&W by Chris Odgers
    - Sleeping Beauties, by Cemetery Dance : X illustrations by Jana Heidersdorf

Am I correct? Did I miss anything?
    Thanks !

PS : that's the reason why I dont collect english limited editions. There are two many and can't afford them, so I stick to some "significant" ones!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

What is King's pen of choice when he's signing? This may be directed to Tippy4, since I thought he's said what specific pen he uses.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    What is King's pen of choice when he's signing? This may be directed to Tippy4, since I thought he's said what specific pen he uses.
    tippy4 has one with King's DNA (and possibly a bit of uric acid) on it...

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Uni-ball Vision

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Uni-ball Vision
    Thanks Matt!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Uni-ball Vision
    Blue ink? 0.77mm?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, here are the limited editions that were released since 2014 :

2014 :

- Thinner, by PS Publishing : 6 interior and 1 dustjacket illustrations by Les Edwards/Edward Miller there were 2 variants but whatever cover you go the other then became an end sheet or sig page

- Salem's Lot, by Cemetery Dance (2016 or 2017?) : 6 interior and 2 DJ illustrations by David Palumbo and 3 signature pages plus 1 map by Glen Chadbourne
    - Salem's Lot, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Fangorn, with an intro by Neil Gaiman
    - The Shining, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Don Maitz (or is this 2017?) Does not exist

- Night Shift collection, by PS Publishing : 20 (?) illustrations by Dave McKean
    - The Colorado Kid, by PS Publishing : 18 illustrations by Dave McKean (according to Pete in the thread?), but only in the deluxe edition (to be released).

2018 (to be released)
    - Night Shift collection, by Cemetery Dance : 2 illustrations by Mark Stutzman, & 20 B&W by Chris Odgers

Thanks !

PS : that's the reason why I dont collect english limited editions. There are two many and can't afford them, so I stick to some "significant" ones!
    made a few edits I can check CD and FS the Shining later.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I would not mind the additional infos
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

2014 :

- Thinner, by PS Publishing : 6 interior and 1 dustjacket illustrations by Les Edwards/Edward Miller there were 2 variants but whatever cover you go the other then became an end sheet or sig page

- Salem's Lot, by Cemetery Dance (2016 or 2017?) : 6 interior and 2 DJ illustrations by David Palumbo and 3 signature pages plus 1 map by Glen Chadbourne
    - The Shining, by PS Publishing : X illustrations by Don Maitz (or is this 2017?) Does not exist

2018 (to be released)

Thanks !

made a few edits I can check CD and FS the Shining later.
    Thanks a lot for the help.

So regarding :
    "Thinner, by PS Publishing : 6 interior and 1 dustjacket illustrations by Les Edwards/Edward Miller there were 2 variants but whatever cover you go the other then became an end sheet or sig page"

Does that mean that If i order a Les Edward version, i get his illustration but Edward Miller's sig sheet? And the other way around?
    Thx again

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I have a convoluted question about paperback printings of IT. The first US cover looked like this...

Spoiler

Then there was this one next I believe....

Spoiler

Then this one....

Spoiler

Then this one...

Spoiler

All of these were Signet printings I believe and of course the first one would have been the first printing but does anyone know at what printing these subsequent covers started? That is if any of them started over again at "1" or if each was just a later printing of the first edition?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

What do we think folks....legit?

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 484 of 567 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 482 483 484 485 486 494 534 ... LastLast