Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 567 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 511 561 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you get a signed US 1st, Kris? IT was my first and is my favourite King book too, so I must say I am quite jealous of your collection.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Did you get a signed US 1st, Kris? IT was my first and is my favourite King book too, so I must say I am quite jealous of your collection.
    I have been looking for one AND trying to get one when King is near for over 5 years. I wanted it flat signed, in awesome shape.. AND I wanted it dated with an old signature AND I had to have the King drawn balloons. I have finally found one that I can afford I have it on hold as we speak so to answer your question.. a very EXCITED YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is my fav book and the first King book i read. I was in grade 9 (91') LOVED it... got kicked out of class for reading it under my desk cuase I COULD not stop. I started reading everything of his I could.. and still do to this day.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I can't wait to see it when it finally arrives. Big congrats on securing one of the big dreams!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Johnny007 has a signed UK IT in his collection...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Johnny007 has a signed UK IT in his collection...

WOW. You have one Alan?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey guys, I have been working pretty hard on finishing my IT collection. I think the only two items left to get are the old red proof and the other CD proof (I have the Orbik cover one). However... I do not have a UK signed 1st.. has ANYONE ever seen one for sale OR does anyone own one? I have not ever seen one... Those are the last 3 items i need....
    Kris, I don't have a signed UK 1st, but posted a signed UK IT Proof inscribed on 03/21/91 in my collection thread (post#293). Like many of us, I feel the same way you do about IT. Good luck on the quest!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Hey guys, I have been working pretty hard on finishing my IT collection. I think the only two items left to get are the old red proof and the other CD proof (I have the Orbik cover one). However... I do not have a UK signed 1st.. has ANYONE ever seen one for sale OR does anyone own one? I have not ever seen one... Those are the last 3 items i need....
    Kris, I don't have a signed UK 1st, but posted a signed UK IT Proof inscribed on 03/21/91 in my collection thread (post#293). Like many of us, I feel the same way you do about IT. Good luck on the quest!
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

WOW. You have one Alan?
    No. But I am surprised that this one is signed "Stephen" and not "Steve". Usually items to/from Kirby were all signed "Steve".

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I remember earlier in some thread, maybe this one, someone asked would there be any added value to a "matched set" of SP's The Shining and CD's Doctor Sleep and more than a few collectors said not really. This surprised me. Now my question is would a matched set of CD"s Doctor Sleep and The Shining be more or less desirable than the CD and SP combo? CD's will have all the extra goodies but no signature and both would be from the same publisher. Which would you pay more for? CD + SP or the two CD's? Of course, all three would be ideal.

Country
    Country Flag

I think there would be. Signed by king sets of books are for sure worth more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the SP/CD copies would be a more valuable pair, not just because of the signature, but also because of the time period in which they were released (back to back more or less), and I believe, though you'd have to verify with Brian, that there was some sort of agreement between SP and CD about the releases of the two books. I know that CD was matching the SP #s upon request too.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

In my case as soon as I learned that The Shining & Dr. Sleep were having KING S/L editions published I ordered matching numbers that were the same number as my King S/L 1982 Whispers with the 1st printing of Before THE Play making it a mathing #Shining S/L trifecta.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    In my case as soon as I learned that The Shining & Dr. Sleep were having KING S/L editions published I ordered matching numbers that were the same number as my King S/L 1982 Whispers with the 1st printing of Before THE Play making it a mathing #Shining S/L trifecta.
    That's a nice set of matching numbers!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's how it's done!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, helluva idea and nice feat.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bruce, you are always ahead of the curve.

Now I must find copy 53 of Whispers.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know if there will be a trade paperback of End of Watch and Bazaar of Bac Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a trade paperback of End of Watch and Bazaar of Bac Dreams?
    You may want to check with Simon there may already be U.K. airport edition trade paperbacks or U.S. LARGE PRINT.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You may want to check with Simon there may already be U.K. airport edition trade paperbacks or U.S. LARGE PRINT.
    There were UK Airport editions of both books. (I def purchased an EOW for a member here and I may have done the same for BOBD). The chances of finding a 1st print now are pretty slim though.

Edit: Yes I purchased a BOBD Airport for the same member.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I have the airport TP for those two. I don't know of a US Trade Paperaback. Bazaar out in mass market only and EOW also due in mass market. Sometimes the Canadian edition is done in a TP format but I hadn't looked into that for these two titles.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I ended up with the Canadian version for Finders Keepers. I guess I will do the same for End of Watch.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a listing in the Classifieds thread for a signed copy of The Shining. The book has spray on the bottom edges (remainder mark?). I thought I remember reading that finding copies of The Shining with the remainder mark was pretty common. Is that true? What's the value difference between a Fine copy with the remainder mark vs one without it?

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Collecting Questions

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There is a listing in the Classifieds thread for a signed copy of The Shining. The book has spray on the bottom edges (remainder mark?). I thought I remember reading that finding copies of The Shining with the remainder mark was pretty common. Is that true? What's the value difference between a Fine copy with the remainder mark vs one without it?
    I do think the remainder spray is pretty common with them. I think the value difference would be in the eye of the beholder. For some itd be a deal killer, and to others it wouldnt be a big deal. IMO. With the commonness of the remainder spray, I would say it would either affect it significantly or not at all. Depends on the collector. Hopefully someone can give ya a better idea on market value, its just such a broad range, taking into account the date of signature and remainder. Good luck man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 567 FirstFirst ... 361 411 451 459 460 461 462 463 471 511 561 ... LastLast