Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 567 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 510 560 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Question in general. When a TPB and THC of a book is released at the same time; which one is considered the true 1st?
    Possibly neither/both. When in doubt, don't split the baby, buy both (although I do not have the TPB of The Bachman Books, so what do I know )
    Thanks, guys. I've noticed of late that publishers seem to be doing this more often at release. I personally prefer HC over PB unless of course the PB is the true first state and no HC is offered or offered at a much later time.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Question. I have 2 of Lisey's Story. The trade 1st/1st and the slipcase one of the BCE without issued dust jacket. Which one would you hold onto if you were getting ride of one of them? I know the BCE is more valuable. Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason the BCE holds it's value is because of the slipcase. If I was only going to keep one, I would put the first edition into the slipcase.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The only reason the BCE holds it's value is because of the slipcase. If I was only going to keep one, I would put the first edition into the slipcase.
    I was thinking of this awhile ago. Tried it, but the true first seems a bit tight to use the slipcase. Unless I'm the only one having this problem? Thanks Brian.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I was thinking of this awhile ago. Tried it, but the true first seems a bit tight to use the slipcase. Unless I'm the only one having this problem? Thanks Brian.
    Mine is a bit snug too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I also attempted to replace the U.S. dust jacket with the U.K. one (TO SLOPPY) & then tried to slip them both in BC slipcase (TO TIGHT) & then I wondered WHY CAN I NOT DO THIS? & then it dawned on me....
    Spoiler:
    BECAUSE THEY DON'T *^%#$@* BELONG THERE!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got my first signed King book off of a member here. I guess it's just sloppy? I am happy to have a signed copy but disappointed that it looks so bad. I didnt ask for photos because it was off of this forum. It's not fake it is?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Just got my first signed King book off of a member here. I guess it's just sloppy? I am happy to have a signed copy but disappointed that it looks so bad. I didnt ask for photos because it was off of this forum. It's not fake it is?

I am not an expert, but that is not fake. he signed 400 copies 12 days in a row. I cant imagine a better signature! try looking at some for sale on ebay if it would make you feel better. Congrats on your first!! only 249 to go!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haha! OK maybe I am just too particular! I am glad that it's not the worst.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not fake - that's King's style nowadays, my signed Revival is identical to this. And congratulations! Your first signed book is a great gateway drug

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! I figured I needed at least one in my collection!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

They pretty much all look like that. 100% real.

PS - The one's you see on Ebay that look really nice and neat (more like his old style) are probably fake.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely good man. Just King's sloppy sig these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I concur. Signature is good!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

100% authentic!

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on your first one!
    Great feeling isn't it?!
    P2

My Mood
    Confused

Question: The S/L of The Shining by Subterranean Press. Where can I go to buy a dust jacket for it? Their site? Thanks.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Question: The S/L of The Shining by Subterranean Press. Where can I go to buy a dust jacket for it? Their site? Thanks.
    Email them. They sent free dust jackets to S/L owner's if I remember correctly.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Just did, thanks Becca!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    They responded lightning fast......and have none . I just bought and received the book and was surprised it didn't have a jacket. I'll ask on the "want" forum.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, I have been working pretty hard on finishing my IT collection. I think the only two items left to get are the old red proof and the other CD proof (I have the Orbik cover one). However... I do not have a UK signed 1st.. has ANYONE ever seen one for sale OR does anyone own one? I have not ever seen one... Those are the last 3 items i need....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Do you have the UK proof? And there's also a UK 'collectors' paperback (2000 printed, I believe) with a facsimile sig.

... there's always more... ;-)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Do you have the UK proof?
    LOL make that 4 I will need to make it complete. Totally forgot that one.. hard to find in good shape man?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, very hard to find at all, let alone in good shape (PS I edited my post while you replied but I assume the PB is not your cup of tea anyway)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Yes, very hard to find at all, let alone in good shape (PS I edited my post while you replied but I assume the PB is not your cup of tea anyway)

Ever seen a signed UK 1st michael?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 567 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 510 560 ... LastLast