Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 567 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 499 549 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 14175

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it'll be signed by Stephen King. And I also don't think there will be an stampede for this item. I went to the SDCC in 2012 and the attendance is more focused on TV shows than comic books. And for book the public is even less. Of course the 150 will disappear but I don't think the demand inside the con will be as high as if it'd be put for sale at scribner.com.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I don't think it'll be signed by Stephen King. And I also don't think there will be an stampede for this item. I went to the SDCC in 2012 and the attendance is more focused on TV shows than comic books. And for book the public is even less. Of course the 150 will disappear but I don't think the demand inside the con will be as high as if it'd be put for sale at scribner.com.
    I think it could be signed ONLY cause there is the pic of King holding one... I do agree on your thoughts Ari on the writer though. Good pic
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think they'll do a trade edition at some point? What do you think something like this is going to command on eBay? I would think it would fetch a fairly high price...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

King's office reported receiving the item yesterdayy and probably just a couple of copies. SDCC starts today. I really don't think King will sign it...

As for a trade edition, I don't know. I'd say no, but I'd hope yes.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It probably doesn't contain any (new) writing by King, so not worth very much if that's the case.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...if it includes the writing present in DT3, it was written by King, even when it's quoted.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King's office reported receiving the item yesterdayy and probably just a couple of copies. SDCC starts today. I really don't think King will sign it...

As for a trade edition, I don't know. I'd say no, but I'd hope yes.
    Oh, did not know that. Thanks Ari. You are most likely bang on brother.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Well...if it includes the writing present in DT3, it was written by King, even when it's quoted.
    According to Ms Mod -- in response to this comment:

King is the author since it's basically the story he told in The Waste Lands, this time just illustrated and presented as its own book.
    No & No

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod also posted this: "Just got my copy (one of the perks of the job ). There's an actual story and gorgeous illustrations by Ned Dameron who was the artist for The Waste Lands."
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As mentioned it's probably lifted directly from The Wastelands:

Bob Brooks was an engineer for the Mid-World Railway Company, on the St. Louis to Topeka run. Engineer Bob was the best trainman The Mid-World Railway Company ever had, and Charlie was the best train!

Charlie was a 402 Big Boy Steam Locomotive, and Engineer Bob was the only man who had ever been allowed to sit in his peak-seat and pull the whistle. Everyone knew the WHOOO-OOOO of Charlie's whistle, and whenever they heard it echoing across the flat Kan*sas countryside, they said, "There goes Charlie and Engi*neer Bob, the fastest team between St. Louis and Topeka!"

Boys and girls ran into their yards to watch Charlie and Engineer Bob go by. Engineer Bob would smile and wave. The children would smile and wave back.

Engineer Bob had a special secret. He was the only one who knew. Charlie the Choo-Choo was really, really alive...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to Ms. Mod -- it is not.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    According to Ms. Mod -- it is not.
    Now it's a MUST HAVE!

<------------------------1st in line for favors.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing that will decrease a little bit its interest is that it's not written by King.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing that will decrease a little bit its interest is that it's not written by King.
    Are you certain?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Ms Mod -- in response to this comment:

King is the author since it's basically the story he told in The Waste Lands, this time just illustrated and presented as its own book.
    No & No
    Not certain but it's what I understood from Bev's post.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As usual, I'm confused. Hopefully Bev will clarify things when he can.

The statement someone made was that King was the author and that the book was basically the story he told in DT3, merely illustrated and presented as a book. Ms. Mod said that was NOT the case--to both points.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The statement someone made was that King was the author and that the book was basically the story he told in DT3, merely illustrated and presented as a book. Ms. Mod said that was NOT the case--to both points.
    Sometimes it seems like deposing someone.
    If you know, and can at this time say, who wrote, if there is any, the contents of the item?

Country
    Country Flag

Yes!!! I have a good friend going and will be doing all he can to secure me a copy. He will sends pics if and when he scores. Not even going to charge me. Do we know the booth number yet???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yes!!! I have a good friend going and will be doing all he can to secure me a copy. He will sends pics if and when he scores. Not even going to charge me. Do we know the booth number yet???
    #1128 Friday the 22nd, high noon!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    #1128 Friday the 22nd, high noon!
    Thanks!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Lucky you!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Ms Mod also posted this: "Just got my copy (one of the perks of the job ). There's an actual story and gorgeous illustrations by Ned Dameron who was the artist for The Waste Lands."
    I have spoken to Ned, and there are no new illustrations in this item.....he was asked to, but he just did not have the time.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHAT is not the case?
    That SK may have written the story, or that it's basically the story he told in DT3?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 449 of 567 FirstFirst ... 349 399 439 447 448 449 450 451 459 499 549 ... LastLast