Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 567 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 14171

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Replace it and donate the book to your local library. That or make one of those interesting flower arrangements in a book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    To me it has no value being torn that bad. I'd shop on Ebay for a cheaper copy as I'm assuming the current dust jacket is very fine. Then sell it for what you can on Ebay (the damaged one). It sounds like you are pretty strong, so I suggest no more lifting weights too.
    Cosign!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Sigh. So awhile back I ordered the Grant Black House/Talisman gift set along with the DT VII AE. As I was removing the AE from the shrinkwrap I accidentally tore a couple of pages(stupid!). Not the entire page in half or anything but more like minor rips. I let it go since I got it for cheap with the set. However, it has stayed in the back of my mind just knowing those tears are there. My question is, should I replace it with a new one since they are still readily available from Grant or just forget it? What do you think the value of this particular book will be over time since it is a true first edition? 5000 produced and they still have them so I'm thinking it's not going anywhere fast.
    Ouch, Bev, that sucks Sorry to hear. Even worse, I just sold my F/F AE on eBay for $41 bucks! Would have been an excellent replacement for ya cheap. And stick to ripping phonebooks in half, not your collectables, silly .

"Don't make Bev angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry".
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Replace it and donate the book to your local library. That or make one of those interesting flower arrangements in a book.
    I like the latter idea. I could carefully remove the illustrations as well and frame them......

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    To me it has no value being torn that bad. I'd shop on Ebay for a cheaper copy as I'm assuming the current dust jacket is very fine. Then sell it for what you can on Ebay (the damaged one). It sounds like you are pretty strong, so I suggest no more lifting weights too.
    Cosign!
    I just adore all of my fellow OCD collectors. It had been blemished and it must be banished!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the latter idea. I could carefully remove the illustrations as well and frame them......
    Pretty cool idea actually.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Cosign!
    I just adore all of my fellow OCD collectors. It had been blemished and it must be banished!
    You have no idea. I go in my book room, look at what I've amassed, stare at them, sometimes rearrange them if I can (I'm trying to figure out space), move them around for better spacing, and then I get lost. I have one bookcase with just normal first editions, but it isn't big enough for all of them or the dark tower books. So the DT books are in a different case with UK limited books and other limited books. But the UK limiteds are growing and have their own shelf but now one book is on the DT book shelf?! I can handle it. But now newer books are coming like I just received the CD Salem's Lot gift edition and waiting on the artist one. The gift edition is now in a different case, but it is pretty big. So now I figured I might get rid of some lesser books that I don't think I should have, like the Tom Gordon popup book.
    If anything, I might have to sue Cemetery Dance for making their books too big because I need another bookcase as 3 bookcase are not enough. Damn you CD!!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sigh. So awhile back I ordered the Grant Black House/Talisman gift set along with the DT VII AE. As I was removing the AE from the shrinkwrap I accidentally tore a couple of pages(stupid!). Not the entire page in half or anything but more like minor rips. I let it go since I got it for cheap with the set. However, it has stayed in the back of my mind just knowing those tears are there. My question is, should I replace it with a new one since they are still readily available from Grant or just forget it? What do you think the value of this particular book will be over time since it is a true first edition? 5000 produced and they still have them so I'm thinking it's not going anywhere fast.
    Ouch, Bev, that sucks Sorry to hear. Even worse, I just sold my F/F AE on eBay for $41 bucks! Would have been an excellent replacement for ya cheap. And stick to ripping phonebooks in half, not your collectables, silly .

"Don't make Bev angry. You wouldn't like her when she's angry".
    Brian you do not want to see this removing shrink wrap from a book. Not a pretty sight. Lol.
    Wish I had thought of this when you were selling yours, at least I know it was taken care of. Some lucky SOB got a good deal.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Pretty cool idea actually.
    Lol, I might actually do it too :-D

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cosign!
    You have no idea. I go in my book room, look at what I've amassed, stare at them, sometimes rearrange them if I can (I'm trying to figure out space), move them around for better spacing, and then I get lost. I have one bookcase with just normal first editions, but it isn't big enough for all of them or the dark tower books. So the DT books are in a different case with UK limited books and other limited books. But the UK limiteds are growing and have their own shelf but now one book is on the DT book shelf?! I can handle it. But now newer books are coming like I just received the CD Salem's Lot gift edition and waiting on the artist one. The gift edition is now in a different case, but it is pretty big. So now I figured I might get rid of some lesser books that I don't think I should have, like the Tom Gordon popup book.
    If anything, I might have to sue Cemetery Dance for making their books too big because I need another bookcase as 3 bookcase are not enough. Damn you CD!!!!
    Hahaha! I think you just perfectly summed up how we all suffer

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

@Beverly. For me, removing shrink wrap if it is too tight I use an utility knife on a bit of an angle to slice where the block pages are (all the pages of the book). Slowly and carefully. It's like the game operation so do not touch the sides! That works the best for me and it is like Christmas lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Brian you do not want to see this removing shrink wrap from a book. Not a pretty sight. Lol. Wish I had thought of this when you were selling yours, at least I know it was taken care of. Some lucky SOB got a good deal.
    That they did. I have sold two others in the $50-$60 range. Oh well, eBay is a box of chocolates. If you haven't received your 'Salem's Lot yet, maybe you should have someone else remove the shrink from that one .

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone see the Folio Society listing their own limited gift edition of The Shining? Roughly 2500 copies. They have a very interesting raffle too!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see the Folio Society listing their own limited gift edition of The Shining? Roughly 2500 copies. They have a very interesting raffle too!!!
    Yes, three pages of discussion.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Folio-Society

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yes, three pages of discussion.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Folio-Society
    Thanks Dan. Too many threads....too many to follow.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand! I usually click on the What's New tab near the top. It shows any updates since last I logged in.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just acquired a signed copy of Insomnia with a Doubleday Book Shops sticker on it. Does anyone know the story behind this store. I know the NY store is closed now, but did they offer several signed books of all their authors - maybe at cover price?

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

What is a ballpark estimate on a S/L edition of The gunslinger? Btw I am currently reading the last book of the dark tower series and I'm wondering why I never read it earlier. I am adding the grant s/l to my bucket list ��

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    What is a ballpark estimate on a S/L edition of The gunslinger? Btw I am currently reading the last book of the dark tower series and I'm wondering why I never read it earlier. I am adding the grant s/l to my bucket list ��
    5000 bucks, give or take a couple hundred. Betts just sold one for 4800.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello folks, its about UV protection foil.

I am moving in a bigger house any my library has windows that i don't want to cover all the time. Thats why i think about IUV protection for the windows AND for the shelf protection cover.
    FOUnd in a library board the info that Clear EZ Bond from solar screen should be the best on the market as they quote "filter from 300-400nm and not only 380nm"

Ok , so far so good - i am not an expert - can somebody conform that this is the best sh** on the market, or is there something better ?
    AND i fail finining Clear EZ Bond online, any clue where to get that ?

Thanks for helping a buddy
    Cheers

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    5000 bucks, give or take a couple hundred. Betts just sold one for 4800.
    I consider buying each i can find below 5500,- if the condition is fine.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

I am moving in a bigger house any my library has windows that i don't want to cover all the time. Thats why i think about IUV protection for the windows AND for the shelf protection cover.
    FOUnd in a library board the info that Clear EZ Bond from solar screen should be the best on the market as they quote "filter from 300-400nm and not only 380nm"

Ok , so far so good - i am not an expert - can somebody conform that this is the best sh** on the market, or is there something better ?

Cheers

Solar Screen - Clear EZ Bond
    Solar Screen Corp
    53-11-105th Street
    Corona NY 11368
    800-347-6527
    http://www.solar-screen.com
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

omitted

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post

Cheers

Solar Screen - Clear EZ Bond
    Solar Screen Corp
    53-11-105th Street
    Corona NY 11368
    800-347-6527
    http://www.solar-screen.com
    Thx - found That , but they Dont have an online Shop as far as I see -

Any opinion on the quality ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

Does anyone have an extensive list of ALL of the dark tower comics so I can start to collect them? ��

+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 567 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast